Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 4d
Posted

I just had the most incredible experience this week just gone at Grant McCarroll Ford in Armidale NSW. To cut a long story short he has banned me from his new car and service division for having purchased a car from another Ford dealer!

To put this in persepective I have been a regular customer of his service division for the past five years. He just lost his nut in front of me at the sight of a car he didnt sell (a new Territory Ghia) and declared me off limits!

Anyway according to Ford Customer Service, he is entitled to refuse to service my car, but must do any warranty work. I was gobsmacked that any dealer who supposedly represents Ford could get away with this. Unlike the city we have very limited choices about going to another dealer and he obviously has got use to intimidating people into buying from him or not buying Ford. I refuse to do either.

I understand from talking to friends and collegues that this is not the first time he has done this, therefore I would like to hear from anyone who has had a bad experience with Grant McCarroll Ford, as I am preparing a file to help support a letter to go to Ford. Feel free to send a private message to me if you prefer. All correspondence I receive will be answered and kept in confidence if you wish.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Dacey

  • still kicking around
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay
Posted

that sux ass, most dealers don't mind, but he is prob stuck up

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

If he's got an attitude like that, I don't know if I'd even want to get my car serviced there :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

send this link to him via email.... so he can see how his great service department is getting a good reputation all around the country :spoton:

  • FG Falcon fan!
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
:blink: Wow, that's shocking. For a person to carry on like that will get around, he sounds deranged. Are you giving us the full story?
  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I wonder if this is one of the "Ford" owned dealers.

That is really bad customer service.

I am sure that they could not Ban you without a better reason than just buying a car from out of town.

If they have and this is the whole truth, then I would be asking Ford for a FULL REFUND or to pay expences for any out of pocket costs you have taking it to another dealer for warranty work.

  • Big Gun
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

That's not good. I've taken my car to heaps of different dealers(ok, my car is a *beep*) and they have all been more than happy to service it AND do warranty work whilst knowing I purchased the car elsewhere.

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

Have you asked your solicitor what he thinks about this matter?

Scotty

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

It's not Ford owned - it's an independent dealership.

It is really wierd but true that he can refuse to do service work on your car. He is obliged to do warranty work only.

This is an issue that Ford should address - IMO it should be in the dealers' "agent's agreement" contracts that ALL work requested by a "new vehicle owning" customer be accepted into their workshop.

Fact is that any mechanical workshop can refuse to work on any customer's car if they wish. Same as for any other business - if you want to refuse service to a customer you may - as long as it isn't against any consumer protection laws regarding warranty or guarantees.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 23d
  • Location: The Shire....where else........
Posted

If this was a dealer for the manufacturer I worked for they would be given a formal notice of warning. This can go on for a while but eventually the franchise will be revoked. Don't know what Ford would be like about it but in my opinion they would be gone.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...