Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 6d
  • Location: Brooklyn
Posted

I assume the traction control is not fitted or not turned on as it is raining quite heavy in Sydney and I am getting very sideways when the boost comes on.Where is the switch or do the utes not have this fitted?.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 7d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I'm not sure about the ute, but the sedan has traction on when you turn the key, read your manual, unless someone else on the forum has a ute that can answer your question.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 1d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Someone suggested the utes didn't have it but I am not certain. Utes tend to get pretty sideways in the wet because of the lack of weight over the rear end.

  • SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Outer east - Melbourne
Posted
I assume the traction control is not fitted...

You would be correct here. The Ute does not have T/C fitted

Refer to the Ford website specs:

Ute Specs

  • Big Gun
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
it is raining quite heavy in Sydney and I am getting very sideways when the boost comes on

Go easier on the pedal in the rain mate, would hate to see you flame your ute.

Rob

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 27d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Have to agree. You think it's dangerous -> don't do it!

Bummer that the Utes don't have T/C though. Do you ever get sideways when you carry loads? Wet or not?

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 24d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted

The utes are damn dangerous in the wet. I know from my 2700kms so far. Sideways anyone......

And no, the only traction control is your right foot. Wet or dry, it really doesn't matter. Try launching it at anything approaching fast and the tyres disappear into smoke. :thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...