AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 9m 27d Posted 17/04/03 10:58 AM Posted 17/04/03 10:58 AM I love it. My wife suprised me with the car on the 2nd of April. It has now done 1800 klms.It is powerfull, comfortable and great to drive.My wife also says it attracts a lot of attention from other road users. I haven't noticed that...
Phantomxr6 Legacy Donating Member 452 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Razorback NSW Posted 17/04/03 12:53 PM Posted 17/04/03 12:53 PM Iv e had mine for 3 weeks now 1850klicks,no major problems apart from windscreen whistle @140kph,BEST Ford ive ever had. :D
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 18/04/03 12:37 AM Posted 18/04/03 12:37 AM Checked out the top window screen seal the other day and found it all scrunched up in the middle of the screen, got a soft bit of plastic and managed to get it smoothed out, thinks.....uh huh here's the cause of the whistling problem :idea: , took her for a squirt.....nup..still there at approx 140 kph :( . Did notice that the seal is very thin rubber. I reckon a vortex is forming at the top of the curve (where the screen meets the roof) and the rubber is vibrating causing the high pitched drone. A thicker seal might fix it, but this is still one fun car to drive.....love her
whizzer Member 181 Member For: 23y 7m 10d Location: Brisvegas Posted 18/04/03 12:20 PM Posted 18/04/03 12:20 PM Funny... my windscreen seal was scrunched up in the middle also... I thought it would have been a one off. But hey if that was the only thing I had to worry about I would be a happy man.. oh wait a minute.. I am happy
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 18/04/03 02:10 PM Posted 18/04/03 02:10 PM XR6 Turbo owners and Dung beetles have one thing in common.................That Sh!t eating grin :D :D ...
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 18/04/03 11:38 PM Posted 18/04/03 11:38 PM almost 5000km and no problems except that the wife wants to drtive it all the time..... :lol:
Guest womandriver Guests Posted 21/04/03 10:19 AM Posted 21/04/03 10:19 AM Have an early build, just done over 9,000 ks and still very happy. Had only 1 minor problem - no brake problems here but then I drive like a girl....most of the time.
XRCISM Member 126 Member For: 23y 6m 9d Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 21/04/03 10:37 AM Posted 21/04/03 10:37 AM I too have that annoying whistle at 140km coming from the windscreen - Has anyone found a solution yet......???
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 21/04/03 10:52 AM Posted 21/04/03 10:52 AM Another happy owner responding,nearly 5000 k's on the clock, really enjoy being at the wheel (the mother of my children doubling as my wife hasn't asked for a drive yet as she's still enjoying seeing the big silly grin on my dial while I'm at the wheel.)Yes a couple of niggles, no brakes or whines/whistles. It's intoxicting to drive at any speed & I think the fact that its got as much poke as it has is the main factor I find myself sticking close to the speed limit. Often choosing to use cruise control which works well from even 42 k.p.h. in school zones & such.For all those contemplating a purchase I believe there are 3 options that are all important.1 premium sound, it goes off2 leather seats, comfy as, even for 120 kilo dude standing 1.98 tall.3 boot liner, excellent for those who use their boots.Good luck choosing Scotty. :D
Guest turbo dave Guests Posted 21/04/03 12:10 PM Posted 21/04/03 12:10 PM xr6turbo ute nearly 5 weeks old 4000kmnot a single problem hope it stays that waywhats this windscreen noise at 140kph?mines dead quiet then at that speed my eyes and ears are looking for coppers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now