Xr6t Versus R33 Skyline

mook05

• Member For: 20y 10m 22d

Hey all,

Been offline for a while but have had plenty of fun in the T in that time.

Question - (serious, I know we all love our T's and know they are quick but need some honest feedback...)

Should a standard XR6T generally be quicker from the lights than an R33 Skyline? I thought the Skylines were some pretty fast machines, but had a real go with one a few weeks back and wiped him.

No doubt I launched the worst way possible - aircon on, traction control on, in drive, and just floored it from idle. Skyline was a manual and he launched on boost so got a car length on me - then my turbo spooled up, he had to change gears and that was the end of it, he couldnt catch up. He was a bit upset at the next set of lights.....

Any comments / similar experiences appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 21y 6m 19d

G'day!

um, my friends gota R33 skyline. a couple mods like pod filter, a very mild exhaust and a few computer tricks. He has a switch to change the boost pressure from a bit over stock to much higer....

Personally, I've never driven the car, or know its true quater times, but I just get the feeling its got more go that my T. "Seat of the pants" feel I guess.

Its only a feeling, but id say it would be about 1/2 second or more faster down the quarter. Could be wrong; different gearing, different feeling being the driver, - who knows.

My T is stock and has only done 1500km....

Having said that, the T has it all over it in style, comfort, stock stereo kicks it. Suspension is so much better too from stock. And I just COULD NOT live with an R33 day to day. Ugly, early 90's jap interiour is just plain crap.... oh and those faded UV damaged headlights that look like toe-nail rot. ... :ermm:

Edited by mattyc

• Member For: 19y 7m 13d

That sounds about right, remeber, not all R33 skylines are R33 skylines, there are alot of Chock wankers out there with GTS's and no idea on how to drive.

much like I have smoked a few Sti"s, but that doesnt mean I can beat them all, most of the time you will beat the driver not the car.

I have afreind who had a R32 that would scare most T owners, but that car was pretty tough.

I like going to the drags and watching all the ricers, big front mount IC, huge BOV, cat trap exhaust, and flat out doing a 15 sec run, they read too many mags and play with themselves too much, again, not all of them are slow, but most of them arnt fast either.

• Member For: 21y 6m 19d
R33's are slow, I think a stock R33 runs 0-100 in about 8.0 if I remember right..R34 are the ones we should fear

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

surley that's the non turbo model

The gts-t skyline would easily run a 13.9 from factory I woulthink.

EDIT: maybe not? Have a read here on the skyline forums place

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=66552

QUOTE: a completely stock r33gtst manual will run a very high 14 or low 15.

Edited by mattyc

• Member For: 19y 6m 4d

I dunno about that Carty, I raced an R32 GTR with a big exhaust, big wheels on the highway in my stock MKII T and in fourth and fifth it was pretty even. I was very happy with the T up top. I honestly expected to get dusted by the GTR. Not the case!

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 6m 10d

Stock Skylines aren't to be feared. Even a stock R34 GTR only runs around a flat 14.

But they're very similar to our XR6Ts. Alot of potential easily unleashed.

I think it's safe to say there aren't any 'sleeper' Skylines around. If it looks stock, I'd bet it is.

But if it looks modified... Be wary. There's a fair chance it'll go like a cut snake.

I haven't been beat by a 33 or a 34 yet.

A stock looking 33 GTR couldn't stay with me, and a modified 34 GTS-T... Pffft.

But 32s... I've been slapped by a couple of em.

• Member For: 19y 6m 4d

Agreed, R32's are a lot lighter and more likely to be modified than their younger brothers... Can I add I had a run again on the highway against an old 911 T.... He came quickly from behind, I pulled into the left lane and dropped it from 6th to 4th and again, just pulled away from him.... Note: It was quite an old one....

Guest xrtwpn
  • Guests
Hey all,

Been offline for a while but have had plenty of fun in the T in that time.

Question - (serious, I know we all love our T's and know they are quick but need some honest feedback...)

Should a standard XR6T generally be quicker from the lights than an R33 Skyline? I thought the Skylines were some pretty fast machines, but had a real go with one a few weeks back and wiped him.

No doubt I launched the worst way possible - aircon on, traction control on, in drive, and just floored it from idle. Skyline was a manual and he launched on boost so got a car length on me - then my turbo spooled up, he had to change gears and that was the end of it, he couldnt catch up. He was a bit upset at the next set of lights.....

Any comments / similar experiences appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Standard R33 GTs-t will kill an xr6 turbo hands down