JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 9d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 07/03/05 03:10 AM Posted 07/03/05 03:10 AM Hope the APS edit comes with a duty cycle table to control the axuator valve without having to modify it I think you mean actuator? Axuator isn't a word JB. I'm fairly sure you mean't actuator (but others have posted axuator as well which had me somewhat confused). So which one and where on the engine? Would love to know.Lawsy not having a go at you mate, just the merry go round I am experinceing with the boost spiking problem.Yes it is Actuator, like you I am getting confused as different people are calling it different things.The actuator that is controlled by the backpressure in the factory exhaust system, hence when a aftermarket system which obviously reduces backpressure is removed the actuator cannot keep up with the requirements of the wastegate and turbo, hence at top end we are getting boost spiking from 12psi to 18psi as the actuator cannot open and close quick enough.With the piggyback it was controlable (even at more psi)with the edit it is not. So we have to either modify the actuator which we have put a bigger one on, and whilst it does help it does not resolve the problem. Sreet tuner and capa have been working with the US to fix it with a duty cycle table, but with the one that was loaded up friday night, we lost all boost completely.It seems that if you loose your factory exhaust and stick with stock intercooler and actuator the system cannot control accordingly.The reason why we have not seen this before is the people that have it are either at one end of the spectrum in stock form, or completly the other end in heavily modded form (eg Bruce) where this problem ha not arose due to all the neccessary modifications taking place.Hence I am at the in between, and have come across this issue.I am just eager to try this product, and after 14 days am getting a little impatient particularly after the improvemnts that have been made against the previous tune for the car. (graphs will be supplied) I am missing car shows and everything at the moment so I am praying Martin comes up with the solution shortly, :( like I said I am just being sh*tty. JB
TBO240 Member 628 Member For: 23y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 07/03/05 04:04 AM Posted 07/03/05 04:04 AM Hey Martin, I think I still have the quickest time for a BA Falcon in SA. Geea. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sad when you can only win the away games, and get hosed at home <{POST_SNAPBACK}> guess you will be cancelling that order now Craig?All that work by phoenix, for well............................................... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nah JB. I'll get an edit and the same 110ron fuel and be in the 10's with 131mph. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hmmm funny that as this would mean that the only one to beat then was deano and walla you did? sorry deano well get craig down the strip next time you are out I like to see the expressions on graigs face both when getting the time and when not!! to me that's what makes the night not the actual drags its the people!!!now honestly was martini fuels involved with the nizpro runs?not having a go but if you hear a rumour once well you let it go but ive heard it now from more than 10 sources! dont know simon seems to be a great guy and I did not think he would say 98 ron but he didn't you did I think martin please tell us the truth!!! or that he did actually use pump fuel of 98 or lesser!just trying to clarify these rumours!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>there is a lot of others using octane booster whats the big deal and a couple of boss powered car not using pump fuel
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Posted 07/03/05 04:14 AM Posted 07/03/05 04:14 AM Nah JB. I'll get an edit and the same 110ron fuel and be in the 10's with 131mph. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's the spirit!
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 9d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 07/03/05 04:17 AM Posted 07/03/05 04:17 AM Nah JB. I'll get an edit and the same 110ron fuel and be in the 10's with 131mph. that's the spirit!Mmmmm 10s and 131mph Quick Tuner I need my car back!!!!!!
Guest Guests Posted 07/03/05 04:32 AM Posted 07/03/05 04:32 AM Hope the APS edit comes with a duty cycle table to control the axuator valve without having to modify it <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you mean actuator? Axuator isn't a word JB. I'm fairly sure you mean't actuator (but others have posted axuator as well which had me somewhat confused). So which one and where on the engine? Would love to know.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lawsy not having a go at you mate, just the merry go round I am experinceing with the boost spiking problem.Yes it is Actuator, like you I am getting confused as different people are calling it different things.The actuator that is controlled by the backpressure in the factory exhaust system, hence when a aftermarket system which obviously reduces backpressure is removed the actuator cannot keep up with the requirements of the wastegate and turbo, hence at top end we are getting boost spiking from 12psi to 18psi as the actuator cannot open and close quick enough.dw.... jb you have been miss informed its actually controlled by boost preasure in the manifold and the control solenoid near the battery! With the piggyback it was controlable (even at more psi)with the edit it is not. So we have to either modify the actuator which we have put a bigger one on, and whilst it does help it does not resolve the problem. dw .... there you have answered it your self the exhaust remains the same its just the control software! allthough imho the solenoid is too small for the job hence the use of a gfb mbc on most of my ones not the best but very acurate!Sreet tuner and capa have been working with the US to fix it with a duty cycle table, but with the one that was loaded up friday night, we lost all boost completely.dw .... the controller againIt seems that if you loose your factory exhaust and stick with stock intercooler and actuator the system cannot control accordingly.The reason why we have not seen this before is the people that have it are either at one end of the spectrum in stock form, or completly the other end in heavily modded form (eg Bruce) where this problem ha not arose due to all the neccessary modifications taking place.Hence I am at the in between, and have come across this issue.dw.... you had no problems with the piggy back so check your tables or go the mbc!I am just eager to try this product, and after 14 days am getting a little impatient particularly after the improvemnts that have been made against the previous tune for the car. (graphs will be supplied) I am missing car shows and everything at the moment so I am praying Martin comes up with the solution shortly, :( like I said I am just being sh*tty. dw.... all good things take time they will get it together for you then we wont be able to shut you up!!!JB <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hope the suggestions help!!!
Guest Guests Posted 07/03/05 04:39 AM Posted 07/03/05 04:39 AM Hey Martin, I think I still have the quickest time for a BA Falcon in SA. Geea. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sad when you can only win the away games, and get hosed at home <{POST_SNAPBACK}> guess you will be cancelling that order now Craig?All that work by phoenix, for well............................................... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nah JB. I'll get an edit and the same 110ron fuel and be in the 10's with 131mph. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hmmm funny that as this would mean that the only one to beat then was deano and walla you did? sorry deano well get craig down the strip next time you are out I like to see the expressions on graigs face both when getting the time and when not!! to me that's what makes the night not the actual drags its the people!!!now honestly was martini fuels involved with the nizpro runs?not having a go but if you hear a rumour once well you let it go but ive heard it now from more than 10 sources! dont know simon seems to be a great guy and I did not think he would say 98 ron but he didn't you did I think martin please tell us the truth!!! or that he did actually use pump fuel of 98 or lesser!just trying to clarify these rumours!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>there is a lot of others using octane booster whats the big deal and a couple of boss powered car not using pump fuel<{POST_SNAPBACK}>no big deal to me just that the words pump fuel were used against aps's and others acheivements and to me that's not straight up!for that matter its no secret geea uses nulon but he dont hide this?
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 9d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 07/03/05 04:39 AM Posted 07/03/05 04:39 AM Thanks Nick, yes they do. It's all a bit technical for me, your are right it is the boost pressures, that is my misunderstanding.My tuners have been great and they know how to get around the problem and also what is required to fix it.We are just waiting on a duty cyle table for the edit which will control our neccessary requirements.I think Sreet tuner must be pulling his hair out as well, I believe we are waiting on the US, but not totally sure.ThanksJB
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 19d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 07/03/05 04:52 AM Posted 07/03/05 04:52 AM Ta JB, that helped as there are about a billion actuators on a car, I had no chance of knowing which one! Now I know [edit] Didn't read post....Blah....My original post/thoughts were that the ECU as a processor (number cruncher) wasn't quick enough to handle a slightly weak boost actuator.... Then realised JB posted that it can, but just requires a little bit of tweaking (ie, the table from the US they are waiting on)...My bad
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m 9d Location: Mildura Posted 07/03/05 11:26 AM Posted 07/03/05 11:26 AM Keep asking these sorts of tech questions and I will happily answer them for you.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tuner do you need to know the exact flow rate of your injector to correct the scaler and give a correct readingmacka<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have other questions about the edit.You stated in a post that the edit comes with a tune that allows your car to run if you have larger injectors.What boost is it tuned at?What power output does this tune give?macka<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tuner,Seems as though you may have missed my questions again. Seems to a common occurance. So I'll ask them again. Tuner do you need to know the exact flow rate of your injector to correct the scaler and give a correct reading on the trip computer?You stated in a post that the edit comes with a tune that allows your car to run if you have larger injectors.What boost is it tuned at?What power output does this tune give?Is it just me you don't like, or is it answering questions about the product you push that you don't like doing. Does'nt inspire me to use the Edit if my questions go un-anweredmacka
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Posted 07/03/05 11:49 AM Posted 07/03/05 11:49 AM Tuner,Is it just me you don't like, or is it answering questions about the product you push that you don't like doing. Does'nt inspire me to use the Edit if my questions go un-anweredmacka<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Macka, calibrating a stock for larger injectors is a job for a custom tune. It is not something that is offered in the 'off the shelf' product, however it is something that I have done for a number of my customers, as have most of the other Edit tuners. Speak to a local tuner in your area to determine what boost/power levels you require for this type of tune. Its more of a custom programming question than a pure software technical question. There are many good edit tuners on here now that can help you with this type of query.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now