theeone Member 349 Member For: 23y 4m 9d Location: Hoddles Creek (VIC) Posted 25/02/05 12:11 PM Posted 25/02/05 12:11 PM On the 10/02/05 I did a silly thing.Some of you may have veiwed the pic's in the Ute Forum.The car arrived at the mechanical repairers on that same day, yesterday I get a phone call from the Assessor, you vehicle has been approved for repair. Two weeks??????? WTF?? Its a good thing I have a 3rd car or I would have been pegging it every where. Now, it was MY fault, and I admitted all that, but, should that slow my claim down?I dont think so.I stand by my Duty of Disclosure, I pay my $1800.00 premium on time.Like I said to the guy on the phone,"nothing against you personally, but I am severly pissed off!!!"Any feedback on good dealings, I'm gonna look elsewhere once this claims outta the way.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 25/02/05 12:15 PM Posted 25/02/05 12:15 PM Sorry man, I've never made a claim in my life and hope to keep it that way. But 2 weeks, that just seems outrageous!!
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/02/05 12:15 PM Posted 25/02/05 12:15 PM My wife had an at fault accident last month. It had been assesed and authorised for repair inside 24hrs. 2 weeks is terrible.
sbr79 Member 280 Member For: 22y 2m 25d Posted 25/02/05 12:22 PM Posted 25/02/05 12:22 PM The assesor must drive a holdne , and wants you off the streets for a while so he can win some green light takeoffs.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 2d Location: Toowoomba Posted 25/02/05 12:26 PM Posted 25/02/05 12:26 PM Is that 2 weeks to repair it, or 2 weeks before they start repairing it?Ask if they have another approved repairer in your area that might be able to get the job done quicker.Dazza.
theeone Member 349 Member For: 23y 4m 9d Location: Hoddles Creek (VIC) Posted 25/02/05 12:26 PM Author Posted 25/02/05 12:26 PM (edited) Thanks Sbr, :lol: :lol: :lol: I need cheering up.The problem, apparently, is that the mechanical repairs must be done first, of course, so that repairer couldn't go ahead without "approval" from the insurance company.So, then, they rip the arse end out of the car and wait for another assessor to turn up and go through whats needed with a rep from the spare parts division of the dealer that I bought the car from.Then they write the quote, then they can start fixin!!Then it has to go to the panel shop for rear quarter and paint!!!! Edited 25/02/05 12:33 PM by theeone
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 2d Location: Toowoomba Posted 25/02/05 01:12 PM Posted 25/02/05 01:12 PM I wonder how much the spare parts guy from the dealer inflates his prices.Dazza.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 25/02/05 01:18 PM Posted 25/02/05 01:18 PM I'm sorry but I have nothing good to say about insurance companies...it doesn't help that I've had a glug-glug-broom-broom, but that doesn't give them an excuse to reem me raw!Dave.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/02/05 01:23 PM Posted 25/02/05 01:23 PM If it makes you feel any better when my first pulsar was written off (not my fault) it took 4 months to get me into a new one.When my 2nd pulsar was stolen it took me 6 months to get a payout.When my T got written off it took 1.75 months to get a payout, 9 months to get contents costs back....
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 2d Location: Toowoomba Posted 25/02/05 05:47 PM Posted 25/02/05 05:47 PM If it makes you feel any better when my first pulsar was written off (not my fault) it took 4 months to get me into a new one.When my 2nd pulsar was stolen it took me 6 months to get a payout.When my T got written off it took 1.75 months to get a payout, 9 months to get contents costs back....<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you sure its even worth owning a car cro? You dont have much luck.Dazza.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now