Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 22/02/05 09:33 AM Posted 22/02/05 09:33 AM Not only do the 18s NOT fill the guards any differently than the 17s I would defy anyone to pick whether a car driving past had 17s or 18s fitted ... people who say one looks obviously better than the other should try this little self-test out for themselves.
deek Legacy Donating Member 362 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne / Wantirna Posted 22/02/05 10:01 AM Posted 22/02/05 10:01 AM Not much tread though from memory Deek?I have 6 tyres and your right 2 don't have much tread How much?I was after $1500 for them 4 rims and 6 tyres but I'm open to offers and if you play nice I will tell you about the extra one in the boot! Just a quick note, the 18inch wheels may look like they fill the guards more but the facts are that the total rolling diameter is the same as the 17 inch package.(that is that the 17inch package uses 235/45r17 and the 18inch 235/40r18) if you want to fill the guard more you will need to fit 19inch package like I am about to. this is using 245/35r19 , just remember that this will slightly change the speedo.If your going to do it do it properly and go to 275/30/19's on the rear 245/35/19's on the front! I have and I don't notice any change in the speedo. God knows you have to keep an eye on it down here in Mexico!
wicksy still kicking around Member 1,789 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 22/02/05 10:03 AM Posted 22/02/05 10:03 AM yeah those mexican cops are very sly
theeone Member 349 Member For: 23y 4m 21d Location: Hoddles Creek (VIC) Posted 22/02/05 01:28 PM Posted 22/02/05 01:28 PM You think your TS would look the same with 17" wheels, I thinks not 18" look the business, just dont launch them into gutters :lol: :lol:
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/02/05 01:58 PM Posted 22/02/05 01:58 PM I would defy anyone to pick whether a car driving past had 17s or 18s fitted ... people who say one looks obviously better than the other should try this little self-test out for themselves.I'll take this challenge! I reckon the 17's don't look as shiny.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 14d Location: Toowoomba Posted 22/02/05 02:32 PM Posted 22/02/05 02:32 PM this is my T with factory 18's and lowered with king springs SL front and back. A few people go SL front and SSL rear but I like mine the way it is.Dazza.
Hazey Member 234 Member For: 23y 2m 3d Posted 22/02/05 09:08 PM Posted 22/02/05 09:08 PM this is my T with factory 18's and lowered with king springs SL front and back. A few people go SL front and SSL rear but I like mine the way it is.Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dazza,How did you find the difference in ride quality/Handling, Was it more harsh going over bumps or pot holes etc.Anyone else who has car lowered that can shed some info on this.Is a camber kit not recommended when lowering?
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 14d Location: Toowoomba Posted 22/02/05 10:46 PM Posted 22/02/05 10:46 PM this is my T with factory 18's and lowered with king springs SL front and back. A few people go SL front and SSL rear but I like mine the way it is.Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dazza,How did you find the difference in ride quality/Handling, Was it more harsh going over bumps or pot holes etc.Anyone else who has car lowered that can shed some info on this.Is a camber kit not recommended when lowering?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>ride stiffend up a little bit, but is still very comfortable and you get used to it in a day, the car handles much better and is more responsive going into corners, looks heaps better to.Dazza.
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 11m 3d Location: NSW Posted 23/02/05 12:33 AM Posted 23/02/05 12:33 AM I have 20 inch wheels on mine and the ride quality doesn't seem much different especially for a ute, the wheels definately fill the guards and the whole car has been raised higher off the ground due to the larger diameter. I lowered the back with new Pedders leaf springs so it sits even but I have not lowered the front at all.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/02/05 12:34 AM Posted 23/02/05 12:34 AM I have 20 inch wheels on mine and the ride quality doesn't seem much different especially for a ute, the wheels definately fill the guards and the whole car has been raised higher off the ground due to the larger diameter. I lowered the back with new Pedders leaf springs so it sits even but I have not lowered the front at all.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> please
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now