mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/02/05 12:40 AM Posted 23/02/05 12:40 AM I would defy anyone to pick whether a car driving past had 17s or 18s fitted ... people who say one looks obviously better than the other should try this little self-test out for themselves.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll take this challenge! I reckon the 17's don't look as shiny.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had 18's on mine and
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 10m 28d Location: NSW Posted 23/02/05 12:45 AM Posted 23/02/05 12:45 AM Not much tread though from memory Deek?I have 6 tyres and your right 2 don't have much tread How much?I was after $1500 for them 4 rims and 6 tyres but I'm open to offers and if you play nice I will tell you about the extra one in the boot! Just a quick note, the 18inch wheels may look like they fill the guards more but the facts are that the total rolling diameter is the same as the 17 inch package.(that is that the 17inch package uses 235/45r17 and the 18inch 235/40r18) if you want to fill the guard more you will need to fit 19inch package like I am about to. this is using 245/35r19 , just remember that this will slightly change the speedo.If your going to do it do it properly and go to 275/30/19's on the rear 245/35/19's on the front! I have and I don't notice any change in the speedo. God knows you have to keep an eye on it down here in Mexico! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hope this works
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/02/05 12:48 AM Posted 23/02/05 12:48 AM Can't say I'm a fan of the rims, but man it does fill up those guards
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 17d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 23/02/05 12:55 AM Posted 23/02/05 12:55 AM Can't say I'm a fan of the rims, but man it does fill up those guards I agree.Rims aren't the business but the size is.Also, lower the front an inch, looks like you perminately have a load in the back.
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 10m 28d Location: NSW Posted 23/02/05 01:01 AM Posted 23/02/05 01:01 AM Can't say I'm a fan of the rims, but man it does fill up those guards <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree.Rims aren't the business but the size is.Also, lower the front an inch, looks like you perminately have a load in the back.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah each to their own just showing you that the bigger the rim the more it fills the guard, also the car is dead level with no load in the back, just the angle of the picture. Plus won't be lowering it anymore as Bikes go in the back and the gutters around my area aren't the kindest.
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 17d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 23/02/05 01:15 AM Posted 23/02/05 01:15 AM Can't say I'm a fan of the rims, but man it does fill up those guards I agree.Rims aren't the business but the size is.Also, lower the front an inch, looks like you perminately have a load in the back.Yeah each to their own just showing you that the bigger the rim the more it fills the guard, also the car is dead level with no load in the back, just the angle of the picture. Plus won't be lowering it anymore as Bikes go in the back and the gutters around my area aren't the kindest.Are they those lame gutters withouth the cutout for the driveway? They are like, mini ramps all the way around?Argh I hate them!
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 17d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 23/02/05 01:25 AM Posted 23/02/05 01:25 AM Just for a comparrison, heres the rolling circumference (cm) of some of the different tyre sizes, I hope this helps you figure out what you want for your car.235/45/17 = 202.1245/45/17 = 204.9255/45/17 = 207.8255/40/17 = 199.7265/40/17 = 202.3245/40/18 = 205.2255/40/18 = 207.7255/35/18 = 199.7265/35/18 = 201.9275/35/18 = 204.1245/35/19 = 205.5255/35/19 = 207.7255/30/19 = 199.7265/30/19 = 201.6275/30/19 = 203.4365/25/19 = 208.9 :DIf in 2nd gear (6, 3.73 diff), at 5534rpm the circumferences makes the following difference to speed.200 = 100kmh202 = 101204 = 102206 = 103208 = 104 and so on......
Space Ace Member 446 Member For: 21y 8m 15d Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 23/02/05 01:43 AM Posted 23/02/05 01:43 AM Definately go the 18's to stand out from the rest of the (XR N/A) crowd. Getting 17's for mine wasn't even a thought.
Guest FatBAt Guests Posted 24/02/05 12:10 AM Posted 24/02/05 12:10 AM (edited) this is my T with factory 18's and lowered with king springs SL front and back. A few people go SL front and SSL rear but I like mine the way it is.Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dazza,How did you find the difference in ride quality/Handling, Was it more harsh going over bumps or pot holes etc.Anyone else who has car lowered that can shed some info on this.Is a camber kit not recommended when lowering?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have 18's and lowered. A camber kit isn't nessesary. the T's have adjusters on the back If you can find a place that has a machine that it can fit on. Mines that low they can't get a reading. Even putting it on blocks. Sheeesh. Got 40000k out of the set but they have worn on the inside. Here's a pic. Edited 24/02/05 12:16 AM by FatBAt
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now