Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 22/04/04 06:11 AM Posted 22/04/04 06:11 AM you can get illuminated window switch for non premium sound and does work. Yes you can just ask Geea
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 25/04/04 03:47 AM Posted 25/04/04 03:47 AM They look great but I'm absolutely not confident enough to do them!Ok... I took the drivers switch panel thing apart last night, first: one of the rocker switches fell under the seat.... TWICE!THEN: I put it back together, but one of the rocker things must have come off and it was shorting out when I plugged it back in (back window went down by itself, smoke come out of switch FU*K!) so I frantically unplugged it, pulled it apart, put it all back together PROPERLY! lol and it goes fine!the moral of this story.... DONT SCREW AROUND WITH THINGS IF YOUR ME! :lol: I still want em done! anyone with standard sound and blue switches in brisbane want to do em for me?
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 25/04/04 10:10 AM Posted 25/04/04 10:10 AM Glenn I will talk to you tomorrow about them ok.Ian
BADBOSS Member 73 Member For: 22y 6m 14d Location: Start of the Yarra Valley Posted 27/04/04 03:12 AM Posted 27/04/04 03:12 AM Sorry if I missed something here but if you have the premier sound system. do the fairmont ghia switches fit straight in and do they light up?
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 27/04/04 05:55 AM Posted 27/04/04 05:55 AM yes they will shorty
Guest pauly Guests Posted 27/04/04 11:18 AM Posted 27/04/04 11:18 AM I know that I can plug in a fairmont/ghia illuminated drivers door gang switchand it will work with the premium sound, but can I also buy illuminated (fairmont/ghia) single swithches for the other 3 doors????Will they work???good idea on the D.I.Y. I could do it but couldnt be bothered !!!!!I will wheel n deal with the ford dealership!!!!anybody else taken the easy way out and does it work?????Any idea on cost for the single switches??? I may have been asleep during all the last posts as well!!!!
gassit Grow old not up! Legacy Donating Member 227 Member For: 22y 5m 21d Location: Behind the wheel. Posted 28/04/04 03:58 AM Posted 28/04/04 03:58 AM Hey I know this is an old post but is there any body in Melbourne who can do this mod to a ute and if you can how much? If you want to PM me and let me know what to do next.I'm not game to touch my XR with any thing except water and a sponge at the moment.
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 28/04/04 05:49 AM Posted 28/04/04 05:49 AM but can I also buy illuminated (fairmont/ghia) single swithches for the other 3 doors???? Yep you can buy em, they will cost a fortune and they are only the white LED's, not blue. This way is cheaper and you can pick your colour. Why don't you try taking it to an electrician or something?
Xr6tBug Member 47 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Posted 06/10/04 01:19 PM Posted 06/10/04 01:19 PM Know its an old thread but was just wondering whats the worst that could happen if I gave this a go and stuffed up. Would I just be up for new switches or could you stuff something major in the car? Just wondering because I'm can solder and can follow directions but am not electronically minded.Thanks,Xr6tBug
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/10/04 01:51 PM Posted 06/10/04 01:51 PM Know its an old thread but was just wondering whats the worst that could happen if I gave this a go and stuffed up. Would I just be up for new switches or could you stuff something major in the car? Just wondering because I'm can solder and can follow directions but am not electronically minded.Thanks,Xr6tBug I am not that great either at this sort of stuff. Mate, if you are in Melbourne, I'll give it a crack with you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now