rapt Legacy Donating Member 317 Member For: 22y 11m 20d Location: gippsland Posted 16/02/05 06:25 AM Author Posted 16/02/05 06:25 AM LOL EugeneI took a rex owner for a run the other night I said we will have to have run soonHis reply- You will kill me :lol:
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 15d Location: Birkdale Posted 16/02/05 08:50 AM Posted 16/02/05 08:50 AM My Most Recent “Kill”Heading back down the coast from Forster, I decided to go “The Lakes Way” as I was on that side of town and it would save me a few minutes.Half way along there is about 5 k of winding road, rice smooth on camber corners, up steep hills and down the same, corners from 35 km up to 55km, joined by nice little 80-100meter long straights.Just before the corners started I was overtaken By a WRX, bug eyed thing, don’t know the year but ugly.When we got into the bendy bits he upped the pace, so did I, I had only washed and cleaned it out the day before so there was no crap in the back to go rolling around, and just me up front.I didn’t harass him to hard, just enough to let him know I was there, I sat about 8 meters off him through the bends and closed it up on the straights, then push him a bit, then back off, we did this for a while and his constant checking of his mirrors made it clear he wasn’t having as much fun as I was.When we got almost to the top there is a little place on the side of the road to pull over, he did and let me past, when pulled out and sat up my backside, the rest of the way is almost all down hill and the brakes were suffering, tryes howling in protest, but it was too much fun to stop.Pushing as hard as I could through the bends he was sitting about 5-8 meters back and on the edge as was I, he was really trying, so was I. On the bit in between I just left him for dead, pull out about 30-40 yards each time. When we got to the next open bit of road, he didn’t overtake again, he sat a respectable distance back.Good fun. And not only a straight line victory.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd say you beat the driver, not the car. I would gladly bet the keys of our WRX to any BA owner that they couldn't out corner it. The oddds aren't in the BA favour, too much wieght, two less driving tyres, and soft suspension.I too thought BA was awesome around corners, and believe me it is, but when you go up against a 2005 WRX, around a bend, be prepared to be amazed.I just came back from hammering the MY05 in our garage, and although it doesn't pull as hard as the XR6, I had it on the limiter in second around a sweeping bend in an undeveloped housing estate, the xr would have pushed wide at the speed I entered, and would have spun out of fishtaled ans slowed way down on exit.The WRX, was howling all four tyres and pushing wide under throttle and gripping like glue on trail off, just push and lift, push and lift on the throttle to maintain maximum corner speed and let the AWD do the hard work! Totoally awesome! You could not spin this car out!!I forget how good this thing is!!Good work anyway, the WRX driver needs to learn how to push his beast to the limit, muchlike you.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/02/05 11:20 AM Posted 16/02/05 11:20 AM Nah some serious sh*t happening top BP at the moment, something in the wastegate department, overboosting as low as 2000rpm, hopefully all fixed by weeks end ............ Gosh I hope so anyhows, so I can find Granny in her Toyota & I <3 Bananas her sh*t up. Scotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>PS: Was she a hottie?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sh!t yeah, her face actually reminded me of youScotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh thanks sweetie Trent.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/02/05 01:11 PM Posted 16/02/05 01:11 PM Tonight Bell street Heidelburg Melbourne 11:30pm. To the man in the xr6 turbo sedan, sorry but you started it. Have fun
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 16/02/05 09:25 PM Posted 16/02/05 09:25 PM (edited) Hi guys,I have had some fun reading your "kill" stories but have to make this comment not intending to start a sh*t fight whatsoever (remember I own and love my XR6T, but have owned a CV8 monaro pulling 265rwkw as well as a S15 200sx pulling 185rwkw (weighs only 1290kg though)). With the sort of power to weight and handling cars like the wrx have with slick gearboxes all wheel drive etc, it's usually the driver the wins the race not the car. Sure our cars are reasonably well matched to rexes and SS's etc, but I firmly belive that my stock "T" would have copped a hiding from my old 200sex, the Munro would have beaten it too (my XR is stock, 202rwkw). Many Rex drivers think the car will do all the work for em, but a good Rex and driver combo will out gun the XR6T in my humble opinion unless she has been modded to 240rwkw plus.That said, the XR6T is a better car than all of them IMO, it's a solid all round package, interior, styling, performance and size. However, it's not an absolute "rocket", but can be if toyed with.Just a comment without ill intentions Edited 16/02/05 09:27 PM by mercurysteve
Space Ace Member 446 Member For: 21y 8m 15d Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 16/02/05 09:51 PM Posted 16/02/05 09:51 PM Going home from work yesterday, I was about to turn left onto the Monash freeway on ramp at Warrigul Rd when I noticed a bright blue Mini Cooper S (it had the stripes and huge wheels) up my arse. Anyway, as I started turning in, this bloke decided he would try to overtake me on the inside lane just before the two merge into one. I let him get nose to nose and then he got the suprise of his life when I left him for dead. A couple of minutes later in the congestion I spotted him across in the far left lane and he was scared to look over...what was he thinking?
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Posted 16/02/05 11:45 PM Posted 16/02/05 11:45 PM Hi guys,I have had some fun reading your "kill" stories but have to make this comment not intending to start a sh*t fight whatsoever (remember I own and love my XR6T, but have owned a CV8 monaro pulling 265rwkw as well as a S15 200sx pulling 185rwkw (weighs only 1290kg though)). With the sort of power to weight and handling cars like the wrx have with slick gearboxes all wheel drive etc, it's usually the driver the wins the race not the car. Sure our cars are reasonably well matched to rexes and SS's etc, but I firmly belive that my stock "T" would have copped a hiding from my old 200sex, the Munro would have beaten it too (my XR is stock, 202rwkw). Many Rex drivers think the car will do all the work for em, but a good Rex and driver combo will out gun the XR6T in my humble opinion unless she has been modded to 240rwkw plus.That said, the XR6T is a better car than all of them IMO, it's a solid all round package, interior, styling, performance and size. However, it's not an absolute "rocket", but can be if toyed with.Just a comment without ill intentions Understand what you are saying but Eugene's beast is a 12 second quarter miler, which will give him a substantial power advantage in a straight line.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 17/02/05 03:45 AM Posted 17/02/05 03:45 AM Hey "Calder boys"What's the go with insurance? It's the thing that stops me from having a go, AAMI say no insurance whatsoever on any damage received or done when on a race / drag track of any kind. It would be hard to explain to if something did ever get damaged huh? Does anyone have thoughts/other advice on this? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's why u go there and race, and if sumthing blows up get sum1 to help you push it out onto the freeway THEN call the insurance company. lolwhat they dont know cant hurt them.
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 17/02/05 04:03 AM Posted 17/02/05 04:03 AM No doubt about the pwr/wt numbers with Eugenes car (which, being new I have no idea about his mods/performance numbers), his advantage would be great . My comment was really a generic one because in stock form, the "T" is great but the manual box is a bit dodgy compared to some slick jappo car 6 speed boxes and the auto offers great alround flexibility, but not quite what you would race with IMO. No offence to anyone here. :o PS. DW is now banned for One year from this site, just thought I would mention that, but Saturday is still on for those wanting to attend.
XRHappy Member 47 Member For: 21y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 17/02/05 05:12 AM Posted 17/02/05 05:12 AM CV8 Monaro: My MKII T's first real killWell I have been waiting for a while for a decent opposition to test my new T and it looks like I might be waiting for a while. See I thought last night when I lined up against the Monaro, it would be close. Typical young Expensive Daewoo driver, window down arm hanging out, cigarette in hand, look at me attitude. He spotted the T and made it clear he was up for a drag next set of lights. After manouvering through traffic so he would be at the front of the lights, he was all set to go. Lights green, hit the gas, and by the time I changed to 3rd (100-110km/hr - 6sp manual) I had over 1 full car length on him. That's not even competitive. With next set of red lights coming up quick we both got on the brakes and had a rolling start when it turned green round 30km/hr. Once again, I wasted him. At least he acknowledged the victory with a hand wave as I turned at the next set of lights.Very happy with the T's performance and think that this 240kw factory figure might be a bit of marketing as he technically has more power and less weight (is this correct?). Can't wait to get on the dyno as see what the T is pumping out.I've had the T for 6 weeks now and I'm like a kid in a candy store every time I get in the car, I'm very happy with all aspects of the car. Anyway I'd like to take this opportunity to say hello to all you site members, I've really enjoyed reading your posts over the last 3 months and I'm looking forward to contributing to this forum over the coming yearCheersBrett
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now