Goose 00-XRG / 006-FPV Legacy Donating Member 530 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 05/04/03 11:26 AM Posted 05/04/03 11:26 AM *hangs head in shame* Sorry everyone, I've let the team down. Last night my car came home on the back of a tow truck.All I can say for sure is, was taking off from a set of light, sort of quickly not hard though. (only had a charade next to me), had moved about 2 metres then BOOM, followed by the most disgusting grinding sound I have ever heard. I'm a bit pissed off though, considering I wasn't doing anything silly. I could totally understand this happening if I had reved it to 5000rpm and dumped the clutch. But I'd taken it to 2700-3000 and just feathered the clutch a little to get a quick take off with no wheel spin, then boom. No good.From what I can gather, I've either shagged the diff centre or snapped an axle, but if it was only one axle you would think being LSD some power would be transferred to the other axle, but nothing at all. My other though was that it's possibly the universal in the split tail shaft, but while we were pushing it *hangs head even lower in shame*, in a straight line it was silent but around a small corner, when the wheels are turning at different speeds, there was all kinds of clicking and sh*te coming from the diff area.Anyways it's at the Ford Service centre now, so I'll speak to them tomorrow and let you all know how its going.CheersAdam
WBT56 Mal Wood Automotive Member 457 Member For: 23y 11m 4d Gender: Male Posted 05/04/03 12:25 PM Posted 05/04/03 12:25 PM Is it a T?
Goose 00-XRG / 006-FPV Legacy Donating Member 530 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 05/04/03 12:50 PM Author Posted 05/04/03 12:50 PM yeah, of coursehahaha
Robbo Member 249 Member For: 23y 10m 10d Location: Sydney Posted 05/04/03 01:04 PM Posted 05/04/03 01:04 PM Sorry to hear that Goose. Keep us informed mate !!
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 05/04/03 08:39 PM Posted 05/04/03 08:39 PM how did you feel when the charade went past-any news on the diff-I would be livid
WBT56 Mal Wood Automotive Member 457 Member For: 23y 11m 4d Gender: Male Posted 05/04/03 11:31 PM Posted 05/04/03 11:31 PM yeah, of coursehahahaJust checking. Your specs don't mention it. I ask because the T has the V8 spec drivetrain from the tailshaft back. Anyway it sounds like you have stripped the pinion gears in the diff. Unlike AU (4pin) the BA only has a 2 pinion gear hemishere.
physh Member 248 Member For: 24y Location: Canberra Posted 06/04/03 10:21 PM Posted 06/04/03 10:21 PM ow.Well, at least you can say the words "warranty job"...
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Location: North Brisbane Posted 06/04/03 11:40 PM Posted 06/04/03 11:40 PM Geez Goose, after the accident it seems that thing is jinxed. Fix it, sell it and then order another one....
Goose 00-XRG / 006-FPV Legacy Donating Member 530 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 07/04/03 01:25 AM Author Posted 07/04/03 01:25 AM Hey all.Ford stripped it down this morning, and it's just the drivers side drive shaft (CV joint). The guy from ford told me that this control blade IRS is basically just a front wheel drive car setup with no steering.They are getting a new drive shaft in tomorrow morning, so have her back tomorrow arvo. I've got mum's auto EF today, and it's a bloody slug. Need my blueprint back.Adam
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now