Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 17d
Posted
Hang on Luke, I've seen you attempt burnouts in the carpark mate. P1ss poor buddy, keep practicing I say! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was dark, I couldnt see properly... well that’s my excuse and Im sticking to it!!!! Hey Birtch! Least my clutch works!!!! Bloody dodgy F6's!! :pooh::kissmy:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Earth, I think?
Posted

Mate, your just p1ssed off that the RDP upgrade gave the F6 so much go, and now you can't keep up!! Your drove it last nigh so you know it.

The clutch is dodgy, but so far its holding, just :kissmy:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 17d
Posted
Mate, your just p1ssed off that the RDP upgrade gave the F6 so much go, and now you can't keep up!! Your drove it last nigh so you know it.

The clutch is dodgy, but so far its holding, just  :kissmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No denying that!!

BUT, give me two weeks and we’ll see how the T goes!!! :pooh:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Earth, I think?
Posted

Ok, I'll throw down the challenge. Darlington Park in 3 weeks time my clutch permitting!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 17d
Posted
Mate, your just p1ssed off that the RDP upgrade gave the F6 so much go, and now you can't keep up!! Your drove it last nigh so you know it.

The clutch is dodgy, but so far its holding, just   :kissmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No denying that!!

BUT, give me two weeks and we’ll see how the T goes!!! :pooh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we might have a challenge!! Bring IT!!! (I may need to get some 4000’s for the back….)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 5d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted (edited)
Did the revs actually increase without the cars speed increasing?

I once did a low traction rapid acceleration test (aka burnout...) and as the engine hit about 4000 revs and I had it floored, the revs actually started to drop. The smell and feeling (lack of power down) indicated it was a clutch slip, but the drop in revs didnt make sense (revs will increase as clutch slips...but speed wont increase as much as it should). I would have sworn it was a slipping clutch. But reading things since then, I think it may have been torque limiting by the Engine management system.

Clutch slip at only 4500kms isnt too good....are you hard on clutches? As someone said, get it out quickly when you take off. Clutches wear when the pedal is not all the way in or out. Except for rare racing starts, I always take off with lowish revs, which allows me to have the clutch fully out by about 1200 revs and then I floor it. Its MUCH nicer on the clutch, and still allows a rapid take off. (Although nothing beats a burn-the-clutch high revs launch!)

All my cars have been manual and all V8's (VB, VK, VN, VR, VT).

I know how to treat a clutch.

I first thought, the wheels are spinning but then I noticed the traction..no slippery feeling.

I faned the throttle to see if things would take up, they didn't.

Then the smell came..I had to smell it for the next 20 min.

Dare I say, None of my Holdens ever did that !! :spoton:

Then I open the paper on Friday..and what did I see?

A full page story on faulty Ford clutches...damn..

Do you think Ford will offer the "AP racing clutch" option if I pay the extra?

Ps: It hasnt happened since and I have been conducting "testing".

Edited by 1ute

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...