HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 25/01/05 09:26 AM Posted 25/01/05 09:26 AM Hi guys,If some of you have purchased a second hand XR6T or XR8 (sedans and utes), what resources did you use in order to find your lovelies at the right price?Trading post? carsales.com.au? cartrade.com.au? autopages.com.au? Community message boards? Newspaper?If I can get a good 2nd hand, optioned up XR6T Ute for $30,000 or less, I'd be very happy. I'm jumping the gun but hey, why not. Just after advice on good sources for hunting down my new baby! What have been some of your experiences? Some of the things to be wary of....etc.Cheers....
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 25/01/05 09:39 AM Posted 25/01/05 09:39 AM One of those auction places, like Pickles? Don't know how many utes they get but.
Evotel Member 22 Member For: 21y 8m 23d Location: Bris Vegas on Da South side Posted 25/01/05 09:40 AM Posted 25/01/05 09:40 AM Hey there,I am also looking for a second hand XR6T - although I'm keen on a fully (factory) optioned sedan. Then I'm going to mod it.I have been searching papers, carsales, News car site, carpoint etc.I have found carsales to have the most by far. The only negative being that the dealer lists dont inc much about the extras - which is what I'm looking for.I've found a nice looking optioned up Black sedan for (less than) $40k - so no one else buy it ok!!!Good luck!
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 25/01/05 09:54 AM Posted 25/01/05 09:54 AM looks like ill be in the same boat..... I may have to sell the ute in the next couple of months due to a new addition to the family due early april.... cant fit 3 in the ute I have started looking for a second hand sedan for the right price.... I will also see what the dealers offer me on a trade in to change over to a turbo sedan.Am truely excited about the addition to the family.... but at the same time extremely sad knowing that the ute has to go.The only way the ute can stay is if I win the lotto and can buy the sedan for the missus.I will have to get a cheap run around van for work and the T sedan for the missus NA THUNDER, am sure that you will find the right car soon enough
tur Flight 6 Member 471 Member For: 23y 2m 7d Posted 25/01/05 10:05 AM Posted 25/01/05 10:05 AM I would say the trading post would a very good place to find a genium buy.
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 25/01/05 10:12 AM Posted 25/01/05 10:12 AM mate, all the places you listed are worth looking at. I think some of the ex-lease cars are the go, dont know how many utes will show up though. Doesnt hurt to start looking now cos you never know when one will come up. Good luck and hope you find what your looking for. Shane
Kaine HgAg soldier Member 253 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Gender: Male Posted 25/01/05 10:25 AM Posted 25/01/05 10:25 AM Hi guys,If some of you have purchased a second hand XR6T or XR8 (sedans and utes), what resources did you use in order to find your lovelies at the right price?Trading post? carsales.com.au? cartrade.com.au? autopages.com.au? Community message boards? Newspaper?If I can get a good 2nd hand, optioned up XR6T Ute for $30,000 or less, I'd be very happy. I'm jumping the gun but hey, why not. Just after advice on good sources for hunting down my new baby! What have been some of your experiences? Some of the things to be wary of....etc.Cheers....<{POST_SNAPBACK}>For auctions check out AutoGroup I saw quite a few good cars here when I went a few weeks back. be sure to check out the pictures because sometimes they label the cars wrong and they put down XR6T's as N/A models and vice-versa.GovernmentAuctions is another good one.My advice is not to bother with the Fowlers grp auctions in Moorebank. I dont know what they do but every single XR6/XR6T/XR8 that I looked at had terrible buff swirls all over the car. CarSales is probably your best bet, heaps of cheap cars in here. Go for the private sale, There is quite a few people trying to sell them, some have been in there for well over a 2 months. I ended up getting mine last week for 30k, patience is the key Have fun and good Luck.
dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 10m 1d Location: Melbourne Posted 25/01/05 11:06 AM Posted 25/01/05 11:06 AM I think some of the ex-lease cars are the go *snip*For auctions check out AutoGroup I saw quite a few good cars here when I went a few weeks back. be sure to check out the pictures because sometimes they label the cars wrong and they put down XR6T's as N/A models and vice-versa.GovernmentAuctions is another good one.My advice is not to bother with the Fowlers grp auctions in Moorebank. I dont know what they do but every single XR6/XR6T/XR8 that I looked at had terrible buff swirls all over the car. I'd think long and hard about ex-lease/auction cars that come from the fleets of large companies. I'm on my second BA company car. To be perfectly honest, *I* wouldn't buy them at the end of lease for half their market value let alone auction price
sutty Mushroom Legacy Donating Member 799 Member For: 22y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: THORNLANDS, QLD Posted 25/01/05 12:09 PM Posted 25/01/05 12:09 PM Found mine on carsales.com.au last year. 12k less than retail and it had only basically just been run in. I reckon that your best bet though Wayne is to keep them all in mind (websites, auctions, newpapers). You never know where a bargain is going to bob up.
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 3m Location: Gold Coast Posted 25/01/05 12:16 PM Posted 25/01/05 12:16 PM I've bought 2 from Pickles ex-lease & they're great value for money!I even picked up one last year for $30,300, 12 Months old, SSS, 20,000 klms.Both in perfect condition, as good as anywhere else if not better value as they come with Tax Invoice.Actually there is no one that comes close!Russ
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now