QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Posted 07/01/05 12:18 PM Posted 07/01/05 12:18 PM I picked up my Typhoon on Wednesday and I couldn't be happier. In reading some of the posts this week I was beginning to believe I had made a mistake. I considered upgrading to a MK11 from my XR6T series1. I drove both back to back along the same roads and even my wife, who had her heart set on a BMW330 said the Typhoon was awesome.I change cars every 12 months and I have owned more than 8 makes of cars ranging from HSV to BMW. Every car I have owned had its share of problems, some more than others. My XR6T had been back to ford 16 times in 12 months other than servicing . In spite of all the dramas, it was still the best package I had driven for under $80k. I'm sure some owners have some valid concerns that will be covered by warranty. I've read that some argue FPV should deliver more for the money. My wifes SAAB cost more than the Typhoon, goes heaps slower, handles like a camry, has been back for warranty issues 6 times since August last year, and would clearly be second choice for anyone buy Mr Magoo.Congratulations FPV, you deserve every acclaim. Thsi is going to sting but I'm going to say it anyway. If an XR6T is a 7/10, the Typhoon is a 9.5/10. That simple!
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 07/01/05 12:37 PM Posted 07/01/05 12:37 PM (edited) Nice ride mate. I have had my T for a year now and I have to say the only thing I have incounterd is the handbrake needs adjusting to much to make it work But other than that it has been great especially being auto. Edited 07/01/05 12:42 PM by fpvT6
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 07/01/05 12:41 PM Posted 07/01/05 12:41 PM My next trade will be GT with APS Twin Turbo kit in an auto. Best of both worlds V8 noise and CHOOOOOOSH.
QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Posted 07/01/05 12:50 PM Author Posted 07/01/05 12:50 PM FPVT6: My series 1 was an outo and I agree it was better than the manual. I know exactly what you mean about the Handbrake. Make sure you get Ford to do the job properly. If the simply adjust the cable it will be at full pull (if you know what I mean) in 3 months. Just before I traded it they finally fixed it properly. Took them 2 hours and 3 attempts Don't get me wrong, I loved my T. I was just getting a bit cheesed off about some of the negative comments made by XR6T owners bagging the FPV product.I'm sure a phase 11 XR6T will out accelerate my Typhoon no problem. But then its what you want from a car. I'm happy, your happy. Lets just enjoy the drive.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 07/01/05 12:57 PM Posted 07/01/05 12:57 PM 3 times had handbrake adjusted.Whats the secret.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 07/01/05 01:02 PM Posted 07/01/05 01:02 PM hey if your from qld my plates would suit your car. FPV T6
QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Posted 07/01/05 01:11 PM Author Posted 07/01/05 01:11 PM Yeah, I'm on the Gold Coast. Great plates. as far as the handbrake, the need to pull the entire rear brake assembly apart. Sunshine ford had 2 goes at it and I finally had jack of it. I would pull up on a hill and the handbrake would be fully extended and the car would roll! Denmac Ford in brisbane did the job right. You need to ask them.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 07/01/05 01:19 PM Posted 07/01/05 01:19 PM that's were I bought the car from.Must pester them again.What suburb on gold coast.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 07/01/05 01:20 PM Posted 07/01/05 01:20 PM R u in the Fordxr6turbo car club
QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Posted 07/01/05 01:34 PM Author Posted 07/01/05 01:34 PM Southport.Didn't know there was a club. I must look into it!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now