Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 6d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 29/12/04 06:21 AM Posted 29/12/04 06:21 AM Just have to try to pull it up on stock brakes at 200 odd.......... should be interesting!They will pull you up from 200+ if you dont mind some shudder and fade and no hard use again for at least 1.5 mins......For full enjoyment take a new set with you to start on, then put the old ones on to go home........
Rotor Member 18 Member For: 22y 1m 20d Posted 30/12/04 10:59 AM Posted 30/12/04 10:59 AM I would really recommend a decent set of brakes for Darlington Park. Most of us that have done a sprint day there on standard brakes had to sit the odd run out to get rid of some of the shudder. Many of us have changed rotors since. If you are interested Turbo6 there is place just near you called Brake Parts Express on Rode Rd Chermside (in the Langdons Wreckers driveway) that will put some DBA 4000 series slotted rotors on the front and EBC Green Stuff pads all round and fitted for about $700 or a bit more (you will have to ring and get a quote as this may have changed a bit). that's what I put on and I had alot more fun on my next trip to DP. There is the odd solid object to hit at DP and if you have 300rwkw then brakes would be a good idea!! It's a lot more interesting track than Willowbank though. Have fun, I might come down for a peak but not running again till the edit is done.
mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 01/01/05 10:34 AM Posted 01/01/05 10:34 AM ^^^ sounds like some good advice people... I don't wanna see any T's come a gutser at 200+ that'd not make for a good day!
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 25d Location: North Brisbane Posted 03/01/05 10:35 AM Posted 03/01/05 10:35 AM Engine braking....... I am selling it soon so don't want to spend the money. I will take it easy, I promise..........
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 04/01/05 07:21 AM Posted 04/01/05 07:21 AM I hear you Dazza. It may stop once - no guarantees after that one though...........If you see me coming and flashing my lights, clear a path! How are we going to see the lights when you all crossed up boy? You could always pull it up with the handbrake. HohohohohohoScotty
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 25d Location: North Brisbane Posted 05/01/05 06:52 AM Posted 05/01/05 06:52 AM I'll just rig an anchor in the back.......Are you coming Scotty??
mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 05/01/05 09:06 AM Posted 05/01/05 09:06 AM doesn't look like you've got a good turnout there.. which is a shame, I'd love to see this day go ahead
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 06/01/05 07:54 AM Posted 06/01/05 07:54 AM I'll just rig an anchor in the back.......Are you coming Scotty??Yes mate I'll be there with knobs on & ITS ABOUT TIME YOU CAME ON A CRUISE I MIGHT POINT OUTScotty
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 25d Location: North Brisbane Posted 08/01/05 02:53 AM Posted 08/01/05 02:53 AM Geez Scotty, this will be a race, not a cruise............And besides, I turned up at the navigation rally to say hello and you were nowhere to be seen. So there.
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 25d Location: North Brisbane Posted 08/01/05 02:55 AM Posted 08/01/05 02:55 AM Mattson, I have 5 cars attending (including me), and all the others that have said they will be there - Ian, what's the minimum?? Surely this should be enough.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now