Guest Guests Posted 19/12/04 11:33 AM Posted 19/12/04 11:33 AM do you realy know dyno's?if you did you would agree they are now the ultimate power testing and tunning tool?this I hope wil;l clear up genuine questions about dyno's to my best and unbiased opinion!go for it?
profrat Member 126 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Location: Eastern Victoria Posted 19/12/04 11:56 AM Posted 19/12/04 11:56 AM I have a few questions thanks:I believe they work by measuring turning force against resitance. (torque?) How do they compensate for using different gears and diff ratios?Why the hell are Dyno graphs always so undecipherable???!!! The numbers up on side never make any sense (the side opposite the KW side). Why can't they show (corrected) torque? Why dont they show RPM across the bottom??!! And on the same topic; why can't Dyno graphs use grid units that make sense? Its common to see one with KW spacing that doesn't have any even relationship to the grid pattern. eg. 20kw but 7 grid squares (made up example to show what I mean) How can you tell how much each grid square is without advance maths? AAAAARRRRRHHHHH!!!!!How are dynos calibrated?Thanks
LAZY6 Member 620 Member For: 21y 10m 12d Gender: Male Posted 19/12/04 12:08 PM Posted 19/12/04 12:08 PM Its common to see one with KW spacing that doesn't have any even relationship to the grid pattern. eg. 20kw but 7 grid squares (made up example to show what I mean) How can you tell how much each grid square is without advance maths? AAAAARRRRRHHHHH!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>true that. can be hard to work out, specially on comparison charts
dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 9m 23d Location: Melbourne Posted 19/12/04 12:14 PM Posted 19/12/04 12:14 PM How do they compensate for using different gears and diff ratios?Now that can open a whole new can of worms just there haha! Some people will argue that you have to do a dyno run in the gear with a ratio of 1:1 as anything else will alter the power output to a significant amount. Others will say that using a gear other than the 1:1 ratio will mearly change the output by a couple of kws at the most.As for the rest of your post, reminds me of my younger cousins. Why why why :lol: PS: I don't have an answer for any of your questions, but would love to know why too
Guest Guests Posted 19/12/04 04:37 PM Posted 19/12/04 04:37 PM I have a few questions thanks:I believe they work by measuring turning force against resitance.dw.... they dont they measure load v speed (torque?) How do they compensate for using different gears and diff ratios?dw.... they dont they measure power/torque at the treads there are companies that say they do they just calculate mathamatically a power train loss which is basically a calculated guessWhy the hell are Dyno graphs always so undecipherable???!!! The numbers up on side never make any sense (the side opposite the KW side).dw.....? I think you should carify this some more and ill answer then what I miss nowWhy can't they show (corrected) torque? Why dont they show RPM across the bottom??!! dw....they canAnd on the same topic; why can't Dyno graphs use grid units that make sense? Its common to see one with KW spacing that doesn't have any even relationship to the grid pattern. eg. 20kw but 7 grid squares (made up example to show what I mean) How can you tell how much each grid square is without advance maths? AAAAARRRRRHHHHH!!!!!dw....some machines are hard to readHow are dynos calibrated?dw....put simply most machines are calibrated using a known weight or force at the load cell eg 100pounds at 1 foot =100ftlb x 100roller rpm = hpsome dynos have 0 and 1 load point then draw a line and others like mine have 0 plus 10 more to plot the load cell for aded acuracyThanks <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guest Guests Posted 20/12/04 02:51 AM Posted 20/12/04 02:51 AM hmmm 104 veiws and only 5 replies 2 being me????everyone is happy bagging dyno's and no one wants to know the truths?fuuny world we live in?
axr-jet Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 22y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Sth/East Posted 20/12/04 07:42 AM Posted 20/12/04 07:42 AM hmmm 104 veiws and only 5 replies 2 being me????everyone is happy bagging dyno's and no one wants to know the truths?fuuny world we live in?I am with you on this nick, to many chief's not enough indians.
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 23d Location: Gold Coast Posted 20/12/04 09:11 AM Posted 20/12/04 09:11 AM Google's my friend, click here!Seeing as you don't know Nick, I thought I'd give you this info Russ
LAZY6 Member 620 Member For: 21y 10m 12d Gender: Male Posted 20/12/04 09:27 AM Posted 20/12/04 09:27 AM hmmm 104 veiws and only 5 replies 2 being me????everyone is happy bagging dyno's and no one wants to know the truths?fuuny world we live in?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I havnt bagged them as I no nothing about them, I only posted to learn
Guest Guests Posted 20/12/04 09:28 AM Posted 20/12/04 09:28 AM Google's my friend, click here!Seeing as you don't know Nick, I thought I'd give you this info Russ<{POST_SNAPBACK}>russ seen as you dont know read it your self infact there are almost 1000000 sites regarding this on the web read them all and tell me when your done pls!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now