FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 1m 1d Gender: Male Posted 11/12/04 10:19 AM Author Posted 11/12/04 10:19 AM Gavin,I also went the Phase 1 then onto Phase2+. The Phase 1 does make a difference to the car and you won't ever regret it, but of course its cheaper to go straight to Phase 2 and you will not only enjoy the 'whoosh' factor but the grin on your dial will help light up the South Island. Either way they will make the car so much better than the standard.RegardsM G<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks, from the sounds of it I am better to go to phase 2 so I had better get saving <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Save up mate its worth it im on phase 3 and a bit now and its awesome..jeff<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I bet
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 11/12/04 10:34 AM Posted 11/12/04 10:34 AM Gavin,I also went the Phase 1 then onto Phase2+. The Phase 1 does make a difference to the car and you won't ever regret it, but of course its cheaper to go straight to Phase 2 and you will not only enjoy the 'whoosh' factor but the grin on your dial will help light up the South Island. Either way they will make the car so much better than the standard.RegardsM GThanks, from the sounds of it I am better to go to phase 2 so I had better get saving Save up mate its worth it im on phase 3 and a bit now and its awesome..jeffI bet its a pity u dont have a ute... one of the guys on the site is selling his whole phase 2 kit for $2900
LAZY6 Member 620 Member For: 21y 10m 15d Gender: Male Posted 15/12/04 04:21 AM Posted 15/12/04 04:21 AM (edited) ZapXR6T what surging problems did u have? and what did ford say about the phase one?for a manual exactly what else is required in having it run 100% fine with phase 1?(chip and injectors)I.e valvesprings? something about exhaust back pressure?anything else? Edited 15/12/04 04:22 AM by LAZY6
Guest jteale Guests Posted 15/12/04 05:59 AM Posted 15/12/04 05:59 AM FYI,APS Phase 1 (more specifically the Unichip) has smoothed out my idle and has fixed throttle surging on my T also ... after heavy braking the idle would hunt up and down for some reason ... since Ph1 no problems ... I had a similar issue with my AUII and in the worst case scenario my car would stall ... I believe quite a few people have had stalling issues after their T is a little older.My dealer will never see my T again so they don't have an issue with my Phase 1 ... or my Phase 2 when I upgrade I would recommend Valve Spring replacements with any upgrade, if you are unlucky and have ordinary Valve Springs then it can limit your options ... simply do it first and you have no dramas (if the springs are open for a little longer than they should be then this can cause the exhaust back pressure issues) ... there is heaps on this on the Forum Cheers, Jason.
XR6_ED Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Posted 15/12/04 10:37 AM Posted 15/12/04 10:37 AM Valve springs aren't necessary with phase Imake sure you get the plugs regapped to between .8mm to .9mm .You may get a miss if you don't
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/12/04 10:48 AM Posted 15/12/04 10:48 AM make sure you get the plugs regapped to between .8mm to .9mm .You may get a miss if you don't Interesting, I wouldnt of thought of that.....Does Phase 1 help in the pre-boost rev range, like sub 3000RPM?? I am trying to understand if the car would get off the line quicker with it.
XR6_ED Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Posted 15/12/04 10:52 AM Posted 15/12/04 10:52 AM make sure you get the plugs regapped to between .8mm to .9mm .You may get a miss if you don't Interesting, I wouldnt of thought of that.....Does Phase 1 help in the pre-boost rev range, like sub 3000RPM?? I am trying to understand if the car would get off the line quicker with it.Cant remember only had it 4 weeks :lol: ..From memory the boost started to kick in around 2500 ,much stronger than a STD T..Cant vouche from a auto ,but my manual launched quite nicely until the clutch gave up
LAZY6 Member 620 Member For: 21y 10m 15d Gender: Male Posted 15/12/04 11:05 AM Posted 15/12/04 11:05 AM clutch gave up?u saying u need a stronger clutch also? or what sort of driving where you doing?the more info the better please.
XR6_ED Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Posted 15/12/04 11:11 AM Posted 15/12/04 11:11 AM My flywheel was dished..Only a 1/3 of the clutch plate was touching the flywheel..Mine was probably a warranty in the making to begin with..Don't concern yourself,your will probably be fine..Ive upgraded my clutch (at my own expense) to a ceramic clutch plate, aluminum flywheel and a pressure plate rated at 360rwkwThe dealer offered to replace the flywheel but I didn't plan to use it anyway
LAZY6 Member 620 Member For: 21y 10m 15d Gender: Male Posted 15/12/04 11:15 AM Posted 15/12/04 11:15 AM Ahh k thanks for that.I dont own one yet. BUT just want to no exactly whats needed prior to buying that's all.Ive read of the aps site about valve springs and exhaust back pressure and dont understand it, just like overboost and etcI obviously want decent power but dont want anything cut short. If a stock clutch is good for 300fwkw then that's as far as id really plan to go.I also want to try stay warrenty safe
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now