aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Posted 22/11/04 03:19 AM Posted 22/11/04 03:19 AM As the release of the APS PHASE IV High Output System draws closer, we took the opportunity to exhibit the APS PHASE IV XR6T in the Melbourne show and ran on the competition dyno. Whilst the final PHASE IV specification and power level is not yet ready for public announcement, the power demonstrated at the show is a good indication of the huge potential available to APS PHASE IV customers.Using the latest (and most conservative) version of Dyno Dynamics Shootout software, the APS PHASE IV blitzed all other high powered XR6Ts with an awesome 557.7 hp at the wheels. Best of all (and testimony to the high efficiency of the PHASE IV system), the peak turbocharger boost pressure used to achieve that great power result was a modest 17 psi. In the not too distant future, we'll be unleashing the full potential of the system after further tuning development. Preliminary information on the PHASE IV system is at http://www.aps-xr6t.com/falcon/phase_iv.htm - with more information as it comes to hand.George
johng001 Member 192 Member For: 22y 4m 24d Location: Melb Posted 22/11/04 03:42 AM Posted 22/11/04 03:42 AM I'd be happy with a P1 Or P2, How does the rest of the drivetrain hold up with those sort of KW,s ??
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 22/11/04 05:40 AM Posted 22/11/04 05:40 AM it wouldn't dude, you have to be running either 6-speed with twin plate or a "tricked up" auto...Dave.
xlr8ed Phantom lives Member 1,417 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: who knows Posted 22/11/04 05:51 AM Posted 22/11/04 05:51 AM great results Peter I expected nothing less...jeff
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Posted 22/11/04 05:55 AM Author Posted 22/11/04 05:55 AM (edited) great results Peter I expected nothing less...jeff<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Jeff and I was very pleased with the dyno result (over 100 rwhp better than the next most powerful T at the show) looking forward to running this engine next year and hopefully going quicker than a 10.98 pass at calder. PeterAPS Edited 22/11/04 05:56 AM by aps
Guest Gilto Guests Posted 22/11/04 05:56 AM Posted 22/11/04 05:56 AM What does 558 HP at the treads convert to in Engine HP??
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 22/11/04 06:00 AM Posted 22/11/04 06:00 AM I'd be happy with a P1 Or P2, How does the rest of the drivetrain hold up with those sort of KW,s ??<{POST_SNAPBACK}>aps would lead you to beleive that the t5 manual will take that power from what I was told at the show it all comes down to the clutch
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Posted 22/11/04 06:06 AM Author Posted 22/11/04 06:06 AM What does 558 HP at the treads convert to in Engine HP?? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Best guess would be around 640 HP at the crank. Peter
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Posted 22/11/04 06:08 AM Author Posted 22/11/04 06:08 AM I'd be happy with a P1 Or P2, How does the rest of the drivetrain hold up with those sort of KW,s ??<{POST_SNAPBACK}>aps would lead you to beleive that the t5 manual will take that power from what I was told at the show it all comes down to the clutch <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't be silly now.Peter
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 22/11/04 07:01 AM Posted 22/11/04 07:01 AM I'd be happy with a P1 Or P2, How does the rest of the drivetrain hold up with those sort of KW,s ??<{POST_SNAPBACK}>aps would lead you to beleive that the t5 manual will take that power from what I was told at the show it all comes down to the clutch <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't be silly now.Peter<{POST_SNAPBACK}>petethat's what I was told at the show by one of your people
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now