Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 11/11/04 01:25 PM Posted 11/11/04 01:25 PM I took the T3 up to WSID yesterday. Looking closely at the time slips after arriving back home I wasn't going to bother posting but Julian has tipped my hand. I came away both happy and disappointed at the same time. Happy that my T3 can do the times published by the motoring scribes. Happy to a degree that I was able to drive it to attain those times. But disappointed that I didn't crack under 14s ... because when looking at my time sheets it appears to me I could have done better. The car has got a high 13 in it I'm sure. Anyhow here are some times - any advice from anyone more experienced at this science is welcome. It was my first time on the strip.RUN R/T 60' ET MPH1 .241 2.327 14.15 103.442 .253 2.265 14.42 101.14 (got too much wheelspin on change to 2nd)3 .194 2.900 15.14 102.56 (massive wheelspin off the line)4 .222 2.284 14.03 98.185 .329 2.294 14.02 99.12 I had three other runs at 14.2, 14.3, and 14.4 in between nos. 2 and 3 above. The track was apparently very slippery after the rain earlier in the day. I was happy at the first run but then the next 5 got slower and slower. The track got a bit grippier later on when I managed the 14.0x.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 11/11/04 10:35 PM Posted 11/11/04 10:35 PM For a first time out this was great driving by Jeff To give some context the T normally runs consistent 12s , on Wednesday however there was very little rubber down on the strip due to recent rain and even getting into the 12s was a real struggle due to wheelspin even into 3rd gear ( auto ).Most of the guys I spoke to on streeties were around .3/.4 off their usual times The guys on slicks seemed to do a bit betterSo under normal circumstances Jeff would have pulled a 13 , pretty fair effort me thinks given his stock manual TE50 This would have bettered all published times for this model vehicle BTW there were very few Ts there ........what happened guys very soft indeed. The was a Hgay auto Phase 3 there running 13s
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 11/11/04 10:48 PM Posted 11/11/04 10:48 PM Well done Jeff With a better 60' time there is a 13 for sure...
Master G Legacy Donating Member 511 Member For: 22y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 12/11/04 12:15 AM Posted 12/11/04 12:15 AM Jules was planning on heading out but raining over my way and I decided to keep the run for a better day, still good to hear that everyone had a good time.RegardsG
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/11/04 12:44 AM Posted 12/11/04 12:44 AM I reckon if you take the 500kg's of stuff you have in the boot you'll crack into the 11's :lol:Seriously, take all the stuff out of your car, your spotties (aerodynamic drag), and put your rear tyres on 25psi. That is what most of the guys here do.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 12/11/04 01:09 AM Author Posted 12/11/04 01:09 AM I reckon if you take the 500kg's of stuff you have in the boot you'll crack into the 11's :lol:Seriously, take all the stuff out of your car, your spotties (aerodynamic drag), and put your rear tyres on 25psi. That is what most of the guys here do.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I did take two of my tool boxes out. I couldn't leave 'em all at home though. I just feel so naked without them. PS I ran standard 36 psi in the rears and weighed the car (1770kg) before I went up.
P.S.I Member 229 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Location: sydney Posted 12/11/04 01:36 AM Posted 12/11/04 01:36 AM Sorry Jules,I was on site at BHP Port Kembla attending to breakdown. If it is any concellation I know how it feels to be alone at WSID !!
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 12/11/04 05:58 AM Posted 12/11/04 05:58 AM Well done Jeff With a better 60' time there is a 13 for sure... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>........but disappointed you didn't take your son with you :lol:
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 12/11/04 06:28 AM Author Posted 12/11/04 06:28 AM Well done Jeff With a better 60' time there is a 13 for sure... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>........but disappointed you didn't take your son with you :lol:<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Funny you should say that - he was in Sydney at the time but was in barracks. I'm lucky enough to have some time with him on Saturday. He is flying back to Townsville in another 10 days or so. PS Notice how I cleverly ignored the thrust of your post? PPS Sure glad Ken ain't around - 'thrust of your post'??? What the hell was I thinking when I let that slip in there???
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 12/11/04 06:43 AM Posted 12/11/04 06:43 AM Well done Jeff With a better 60' time there is a 13 for sure... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>........but disappointed you didn't take your son with you :lol:<{POST_SNAPBACK}>PS Notice how I cleverly ignored the thrust of your post? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now