Ford_XR6_Turbo Member 52 Member For: 23y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/10/04 11:17 PM Posted 26/10/04 11:17 PM Hi, My lease car is about to expire in the next 3 months and it has come time to order it so I can drop off and pick up my new car. My current car is a stock XR6T manual, and I have had lots of FUN FUN FUN But I thinking of going Auto becuase from what I have heard the Auto is qucikier, but I'm wondering now with the 6 speed manual if it will be quickier(manual). Or if the auto will still be quickier.Any thoughts, facts ........
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 26/10/04 11:56 PM Posted 26/10/04 11:56 PM Go the auto...its better than the manual...!!!!oh no not this again...
Phido Member 58 Member For: 22y 11m 8d Posted 27/10/04 03:19 AM Posted 27/10/04 03:19 AM The Auto is great. However, the major flaws in it are:-Its only 4 speed-Its first gear ratio is a bit long-Its not as durable as some would like-It looks like its going to be replaced fairly soon (with a six speeder) The new 6 speed manual looks like being with us for a long time. It has two extra ratios over the auto, it is extremely strong and a big improvement over the old 5 speed manual. It comes down to what you like. I don't think the new six speed will make the car faster (although 0-100 and 1/4m time might be a fraction quicker due to shift points). But the auto is easier to stall up. This has been argued a fair bit previously in this forum. Perhaps go take both on a test drive. Many dealers should have 4 speed turbos, and the new six speeds will arrive shortly.
KBB Member 55 Member For: 22y 15d Posted 27/10/04 03:42 AM Posted 27/10/04 03:42 AM oh, there is one other problem with the auto that hasn't been mentioned here....it's an auto!It's quicker in a straight line, ok, but that's about all it's good for. If you like manuals overs auto's, go with the manual, esp as the T56 is good for 800hp. Factory rating is 600hp/550 lbs/ft but, many have run up to and over 800 without failureFord is using the 31 spline (cobra/vette/viper) input shaft too, not the crappy 26 spline Late model camira downgrade.
Guest boreded Guests Posted 27/10/04 04:03 AM Posted 27/10/04 04:03 AM I'd say you've answered your own question some time ago....http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3933You know who drives auto'sGIRLS :lol:
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m 7d Location: sydney Posted 27/10/04 06:07 AM Posted 27/10/04 06:07 AM get the auto!!driving to work in peak hour traffic, stick it in normal drive mode and....easy. let the car do the workracing with your mate, stick it in manual mode and you will then realize that you have the best of both worlds.go for it. try something different
Guest jteale Guests Posted 27/10/04 06:08 AM Posted 27/10/04 06:08 AM Buy what you prefer ... it is a stupid question to ask as YOUR preference is the answer ... I have an Auto ... not for speed or strength that is nearly irrelavent ... but for convenience ... I would buy an Auto in any case as I drive it daily for an average of 3 hours in Sydney traffic ... so I won't suffer the eternal gear changing ... but that's me ... :lol: I don't know why people ask these questions ... their is no correct answer ... if you like Manual go for it ... if not buy an Auto ... Cheers, Jason.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 27/10/04 06:09 AM Posted 27/10/04 06:09 AM I'd say you've answered your own question some time ago....http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3933You know who drives auto'sGIRLS :lol:YES!!!!Dave.
crisso . Legacy Donating Member 1,199 Member For: 22y 10m 22d Location: Sydney Posted 27/10/04 06:34 AM Posted 27/10/04 06:34 AM go the manual
Ford_XR6_Turbo Member 52 Member For: 23y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/10/04 01:45 AM Author Posted 29/10/04 01:45 AM My Problem is as well my Women cannot drive manual (hey there any advantage ) And we need a car we can both drive
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now