Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 13d
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

Hi guy's,

Now that my Shaker project is coming to a close and the product soon to be released. I have decided that I need a new challenge.

I was thinking about developing a proper supercharger kit for the N/A XR6. One that could actually compete in the HP stakes with the Turbo.

There is a lot more of these on the road than the Turbo's and might be a good market to get into.

What do you all think.

YA or NA :kissmy:

macka

  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 7d
Posted

I think its great. Put me down to be a guinnea PIG, wack it under my bonnet if you like, what ever you come up with would be great. You have touched base on my futer plans. A friend saw the photo of the Vortec one last night and commented it looked very messy in there, didn't look realiable. So I might wait and see what else comes out, like what I will trial for you if you like. Oh and the reason I am interested is only because I purchased the N?A specifically to supercharge it. I love the turbo concept but I wanted to be different, and I love my superchargers.

PM any interesting facts or specs you have in your head about your ideas so I can understand what you could offer when your product is developed.

  • Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Berwick Victoria
Posted

Not a bad idea Macka! All you have to do is change the badge at the back from XR6 to XR6 Supercharged :kissmy: Or we can leave it stock :kissmy:

Rob...

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 13d
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
A friend saw the photo of the Vortec one last night and commented it looked very messy in there, didn't look realiable.

Where did your friend see the photo. I'd also like to have a look

macka

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 13d
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
doesn't look to bad now that I see it again in colour.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh!!! it looks OK but not exactly what I would do.

I think it can still be done better and have a better finish and appearance. I don't like the way everything is stuck in one corner.

that flexible rubber intake really gives me the :spoton: must be a nightmare if you want to run an intercooler with it, which is what I'll be doing.

And what you'll need to use if it is to keep up with the turbo's

macka

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted

Well done Macka go for it......l could hear NA Thunder coming around the corner :lol:

  • TRAITOR
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville, NQ
Posted

Well, you'll be competing with CAPA who have been in the game for a while.

Their kit's may look 'messy' stuck in one corner, but if there was any other way of doing it, (or any need??) CAPA would have by now.

And they've got an intercooler kit to suit all there chargers, so it's not a nightmare to sort it.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're aiming to do.

It's been done as well as it can be done already.

Although, maybe a Roots-type charger (Think Eaton M112) mounted on a custom plenum sitting parallel and beside the rocker cover could work. Hmmmm...

Posted

Go for it Macka,

We N/A drivers need as many options as we can get and if you can come up with some that work you'll have a fan here.

Hope it goes well for you. :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 7d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
We N/A drivers need as many options as we can get and if you can come up with some that work you'll have a fan here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree Macka, sounds like a great idea!

It looks as though you have the official backing of Team N/A as well! :spoton:

Julza

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...