Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/10/04 12:45 PM Posted 20/10/04 12:45 PM (edited) The M78's were what was in the old , XE's and the Late model camira VN, VP's, so I'd bet it the solid axle.I could always ask next time I am having a beer with one of the Dana boys.With the ratio's they could be right, as I think the XR's take the speedo reading from the anti-lock sensors on the wheel hubs, not from the gearbox. Edited 20/10/04 12:46 PM by Grass
WBT56 Mal Wood Automotive Member 457 Member For: 23y 11m Gender: Male Posted 20/10/04 09:45 PM Posted 20/10/04 09:45 PM ...The M78's were what was in the old , XE's and the Late model camira VN, VP's, so I'd bet it the solid axle.... VK to VS were 75 series Borg warner, as were to XF. IRS commodores to VT V6 were 76 series, VT V8 to current are 80 series. EA to AU are 78 series, as are BA I6 N/A. BA T and V8 are M86 Dana.Turbo and V8 utes are also M86. 3.73 are available for both.
Silverbullet Member 100 Member For: 23y 1m 16d Location: Brisbane Posted 21/10/04 07:13 AM Author Posted 21/10/04 07:13 AM ...The M78's were what was in the old , XE's and the Late model camira VN, VP's, so I'd bet it the solid axle....VK to VS were 75 series Borg warner, as were to XF. IRS commodores to VT V6 were 76 series, VT V8 to current are 80 series. EA to AU are 78 series, as are BA I6 N/A. BA T and V8 are M86 Dana.Turbo and V8 utes are also M86. 3.73 are available for both. You wouldn't know how much for the 3.73 gears would you???Cheers,Simon
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 21/10/04 11:48 PM Posted 21/10/04 11:48 PM With the BA (this was sortof answered before) the only thing that changes speedo readouts is overall rolling diameter of the tyre.I'm sure if you rang ford or their supplier you would be able to find out exactly how much and where from.
Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/10/04 06:02 AM Posted 23/10/04 06:02 AM ...The M78's were what was in the old , XE's and the Late model camira VN, VP's, so I'd bet it the solid axle....VK to VS were 75 series Borg warner, as were to XF. IRS commodores to VT V6 were 76 series, VT V8 to current are 80 series. EA to AU are 78 series, as are BA I6 N/A. BA T and V8 are M86 Dana.Turbo and V8 utes are also M86. 3.73 are available for both.Yes Guys I appologize, both the M78 and M86 come in both Solid and IRS..They are pretty much all Borg Warner / Dana (shame sh*te)...M78 is a 7 and 3/4 inch ring gear, the M86 is a 8 and a bit inch ring gear...M75 were a 7 and a half inch ring gear
eXtreme Member 149 Member For: 23y 6m 6d Location: Geelong, Australia Posted 23/10/04 07:40 AM Posted 23/10/04 07:40 AM For those interested, I have attached the Differential section of the Falcon workshop manual for you to read.http://www.bullsi.net/~geelong/turbo/205-00.pdf (falcon version)http://www.bullsi.net/~geelong/turbo/205-00-territory.pdf (territory version)Paul
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now