Djelibeybi Code Monkey Member 265 Member For: 23y 10m 19d Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 11/11/02 03:26 AM Posted 11/11/02 03:26 AM Hey guys,I ordered a new BA XR6 (not the turbo though) last week. Should be the first black XR6 to hit the streets of Canberra, apparently. Hope you guys don't think too badly of me for not getting the Turbo model. :-)I have a question that I'm wondering if anyone here might know the answer to: I ordered the DVD Satellite Navigation (with Premium Sound) and I know the DVD drive is in the boot, but no-one at the dealership or Ford has been able to tell me if the car will come with the first "set" of maps (I.e. one DVD or more). I know I have to keep them up-to-date from whereis.com.au.Anyway, the dealership is hoping for a pre-Christmas delivery on my XR6, but I'm doubtful.
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 11/11/02 04:21 AM Posted 11/11/02 04:21 AM What did the SAT NAV set you back?
Djelibeybi Code Monkey Member 265 Member For: 23y 10m 19d Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 11/11/02 04:24 AM Author Posted 11/11/02 04:24 AM Sat Nav is $3,600 factory fitted. I chose that over an upgrade to the Turbo, firstly because I'm a geek and I love the idea of in-car navigation and mainly because I had enough trouble staying under the speed limit in the normal XR6 that having the Turbo would cost me a fortune in speeding fines. <grin>The navigation system is a modified VDO Dayton MS5000/MS6000 (not quite sure). Its DVD-based, not CD, so you get the whole of Australia on a single disc. No need to change as you move from state to state. Also, I think Ford have removed some of the base VDO features (like the ability to use the LCD as a normal TV).
Guest DZ. Guests Posted 11/11/02 06:15 AM Posted 11/11/02 06:15 AM Speaking of cool gadgets have you seen this option?BA Falcon DVD SystemA good way to keep the kids quiet! :D
Djelibeybi Code Monkey Member 265 Member For: 23y 10m 19d Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 11/11/02 07:25 AM Author Posted 11/11/02 07:25 AM Yeah, I saw that, but considering I don't have kids, nor am I likely to get any in the forseeable future, I figured it wasn't worth it. :-) I may do a little research on the VDO Dayton unit that's installed and see if there's any way of hooking up an external player to the LCD screen itself.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now