Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 27d
  • Location: Perth W.A.
Posted

dingah2

I dont know where you get your parts from but I think you may have your prices mixed up between standed dba slotted and 4000series slotted.

I was quoting retail prices as a lot of people on the forum do not have access to trade or better prices.

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lukkyphil
  • Guests
Posted (edited)

I have been using Ferodo DS2500's on my WRX, along with about half of Perth. I have competed regularly at a team based Autokhana series, in which we won. I have used them on my WRX for 30,000kms, and they are still going fine.

The DS2500s have a friction co-efficient of 0.50, from cold to 500 degrees, used with DBA4000 slotted rotors, they are a very serious set of stoppers. My XR6T will be getting them fairly promptly, once delivered.

Even though the T has less speed that the WRX, it certainly has more weight to stop, I can't emphasise enough the importance of good brakes. I found street price for DBA4000's at $220 a corner, and DS2500's at about $220 a pair.

Info on Ferodo pads http://www.raceshopper.com/ferodo_compounds.shtml

The DS3000's are not particularly street friendly, but are good for track days.

Edited by Lukkyphil
  • TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 27d
  • Location: Perth W.A.
Posted

phil

I'm using the formula 2000 front and rear.

I don't do any track work and think these are a good option for street use.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

Does anyone know where in Melbourne you can buy the QFM pads I've been searching and can't find them.

Geea. :glad:

  • Crusty aviator
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: ACT
Posted

Try:

Race Brakes at 44-68 Racecourse Road, North Melbourne. VIC. Australia

Ph. (03) 9326-6088 Fax: (03) 9326-3822.

To those who continue to question the street price of DBA 4000 slotted rotors for the XR6T they are $130 each ie $260 a pair retail from Sydney. They are NOT standard slotted but DBA 4000 slotted. PM me if you want to know contact details. RB74s are competition pads quite suitable for street use, no requirement to add additional stoppers at the rear but Lucas or the QFM competition pads are suitable come the time to change the pads.

Dingah

Posted
Does anyone know where in Melbourne you can buy the QFM pads I've been searching and can't find them.

Geea. :ermm:

I get good results from ebc green stuff worth consedering and all brakes plus stores used to use qfm exclusivly apart from that qfm vic distributors were on spencer and dryburgh st cnr and just moved the moved to sign is still there or was at least on my way back from autosalon

  • 7 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
I'm more interested in transferring the Territory brake setup to the Falcon !

It seems that the Territory runs slightly larger rotots on the front, and the rears are ventilated - wonder how much of the setup uses similar parts & mounting locations ?

Although knowing how much Ford like to charge for parts, it would probably be cheaper to go after-market ! 

I'll look up the part numbers/pricing for the Territory brakes on Monday..... 

Has anyone looked any further into this? The territory brakes are nice and big and thought it might be a cheaper alternative than the premiums.

Notice the territory doesn't have those pathetic dust covers too. Hopefully Ford get their act together and put a decent set of brakes on the next XR6T and XR8.

Admittedly, I have never felt the need for more braking in my T, but they just look so pathetic, specially behind a nice set of rims.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...