Guest Guests Posted 02/08/04 12:25 PM Posted 02/08/04 12:25 PM When I click the boot to open it doesnt even lift,you have to lift the boot all the way up by hand,and then some.Opened the boot on the XY the other day,the rebound nearly chopped my head off cause I was use to the BA crap lift.The torsion bar lift will live fore ever with no costs,or elbew grease,these struts are CRAP!!!
XR6_ED Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Posted 02/08/04 12:28 PM Posted 02/08/04 12:28 PM wait until you get the price on a set of newies
-carty nutter Member 1,966 Member For: 22y 8m 24d Location: Wagga Wagga Posted 02/08/04 12:34 PM Posted 02/08/04 12:34 PM our XR8 is about the same as yours, I think its better like this...as that you do it manually to make sure that it doesnt "bang" or anything like that...
Guest Guests Posted 02/08/04 10:14 PM Posted 02/08/04 10:14 PM our XR8 is about the same as yours, I think its better like this...as that you do it manually to make sure that it doesnt "bang" or anything like that... when you got junk in your mitts its a pain
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 28d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 03/08/04 04:29 AM Posted 03/08/04 04:29 AM Vik,l would much rather the gas struts than the pox setup Expensive Daewoo use that eats into your bootspace. The extra weight of the spoiler is whats causing you problem, wonder if they can be adjusted (or replaced under warranty if they are too weak?)
Guest Guests Posted 03/08/04 06:04 AM Posted 03/08/04 06:04 AM They only need a few more psi,whats the GT like Mondie?might have the next rating up cause of the bigger wing???
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 03/08/04 06:17 AM Posted 03/08/04 06:17 AM I think the functioning of my boot is fine. When you unlock it doesnt appear to be open which is good in case you accidentally open it and wander off. Its highly unlikely that someone is gonna come along and open your boot if it appears to be closed. the boot struts are fine in my books...
Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Location: Adelaide Posted 03/08/04 07:04 AM Posted 03/08/04 07:04 AM When I ordered a genuine Nissan spoiler for my Maxima (yes, I know) I was surprised that it came with heavier torsion bar springs to compensate for the extra weight.I like the BA boot setup....one of the selling points for me. Hate hinges that intrude on boot space and squash luggage. I also don't mind having to open the boot rather than it flying open itself.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 28d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 03/08/04 07:27 AM Posted 03/08/04 07:27 AM They only need a few more psi,whats the GT like Mondie?might have the next rating up cause of the bigger wing??? No problems mate that's why l was questioning the struts in your car.
eXtreme Member 149 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Location: Geelong, Australia Posted 04/08/04 09:05 AM Posted 04/08/04 09:05 AM They only need a few more psi,whats the GT like Mondie?might have the next rating up cause of the bigger wing??? On the GT I drove it was a little bit heavier than our XR.Paul
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now