cragin Member 51 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 21/07/04 11:38 AM Posted 21/07/04 11:38 AM GuysCan anyone tell me if you need a line level convertor between the head unit and a after market amp. I have a alpine m300 with line level outputs for the subwoofer.thanksCragin
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 20d Location: Adelaide Posted 21/07/04 12:38 PM Posted 21/07/04 12:38 PM I've been told that ill need one when I get mine in a few weeks.....looking at his chook scratchings here...something about a 'saloc' converter???
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/07/04 02:15 PM Posted 21/07/04 02:15 PM Yep, you do need a line level convertor as the head unit has no RCA outputs.
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 19d Location: Birkdale Posted 22/07/04 06:28 AM Posted 22/07/04 06:28 AM Whats the best route to run a power cable from the battery to two 400watt amps. Where can I go through the firewall? Or anyother way into the cabin?
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/07/04 06:47 AM Posted 22/07/04 06:47 AM 2 x 400 watt amps You fitting an auxiliary alternator, or going to run a seperate petrol engined generator?
xlr8ed Phantom lives Member 1,417 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: who knows Posted 22/07/04 08:34 AM Posted 22/07/04 08:34 AM im running 6 x 1000watt rms amps on 3 seperate batteries in the boot..
cragin Member 51 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 22/07/04 08:06 PM Author Posted 22/07/04 08:06 PM Hello ..............I started this thread to get some help!!!!!Not to start mines a bigger than yours comp.So............Is there a alternative to using line level convertors to take the signal to the amp??
Guest Basher_tsv Guests Posted 22/07/04 10:14 PM Posted 22/07/04 10:14 PM Agree Cragin ............. but at least show some
xlr8ed Phantom lives Member 1,417 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: who knows Posted 22/07/04 11:50 PM Posted 22/07/04 11:50 PM Hello ..............I started this thread to get some help!!!!!Not to start mines a bigger than yours comp. If this is a dig at me your a nob..look at your question and then LOOK at xrdreaming,s answer..then you can see it has been answered..its the only way if your using the factory head unit..I posted my reply so if you had any questions about what I had done you could PM me and I would be more than happy to answer further questions..I was trying to help out..but I wont answer any of your threads again if im of no help..jeff
cragin Member 51 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 23/07/04 07:35 AM Author Posted 23/07/04 07:35 AM JeffMate take a chill pill........... if I upset you thenI am sorryI just thought that we were heading off track.cragin
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now