dutchie Member 391 Member For: 22y 5m 19d Location: Somewhere Posted 21/07/04 11:23 AM Posted 21/07/04 11:23 AM Over the past few weeks, especially since the Vic cruise on the weekend, I have heard several negative comments about particular Ford Dealerships and the lack of servicing claims they do not perform.......Has anyone had this where a dealer claimed to have done something but infact nothing was done.........ie change spark plugs etc.......Also, has anyone dealt with Jeff Wignall Ford in Frankston and how good is the servicing of the T's.........?Several people mentioned that their experience was not a pleasant one with this mob..Would like your input and recommendations please.......dutchie
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 21/07/04 11:52 AM Posted 21/07/04 11:52 AM I have used NewOak Ford in Oakleigh, my service manager is Chad. I couldn't reccommend them more highly. Every thing is nto a problem and when any little thing comes up he says bring it down and they look in to it on the spot.Geea.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 27d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 21/07/04 01:26 PM Posted 21/07/04 01:26 PM l would say the dealer who has the best 'overall', untarnished reputation from the forums would be Strapp Ford. l have used them once and was very impressed.l have bought my last 3 cars from New Oak but couldnt recommend them based on my experiences. They have pissed in my pocket several times on my diff issue and lied to me on agreeing to repair it then renegging. As a long term customer who has put over $160k there way in recent years l would expect better.l will be using Strapp in the future, they are very proffesional with the best car service facility in Burwood l have EVER seen Talk to Jarred, the guy is a complete proffesional.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/07/04 10:07 PM Posted 21/07/04 10:07 PM I can't go past Knox Ford, they have been happy to see me at a moments notice anytime I have ever had a problem.And of course they are the guys that took the time to strip my engine and get my engine replaced under warranty with my phase II fitted instead of just saying you have phase II and it broke, it must be your fault.I can't recommend them highly enough.
scooter Member 62 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Location: Emerald Vic Posted 21/07/04 10:36 PM Posted 21/07/04 10:36 PM I agree with XRDreaming Knox Ford stands out as one of the best dealers for servicing. Always have fixed my problems and even Ford CRC reconise their ability to look after and service the TScoot
Mercurial Member 47 Member For: 23y 5m Posted 22/07/04 04:38 AM Posted 22/07/04 04:38 AM I use Knox Ford also, and can highly recommend them. Cameron and Mark are great to deal with in servicing, and pretty much everything I've had problems with (and they weren't caused by Knox by the way) have been fixed first time everytime.
dutchie Member 391 Member For: 22y 5m 19d Location: Somewhere Posted 23/07/04 01:43 PM Author Posted 23/07/04 01:43 PM thanks guys, this is the sort of responses I was hoping for..........Now having said that, has anyone dealt with Wignal Ford in Frankston and experienced both good or bad with them???cheers in advance againdutchie
BA_Turbs Member 836 Member For: 23y 1m 8d Gender: Male Posted 23/07/04 02:34 PM Posted 23/07/04 02:34 PM thanks guys, this is the sort of responses I was hoping for..........Now having said that, has anyone dealt with Wignal Ford in Frankston and experienced both good or bad with them???cheers in advance againdutchieDutchie, you've heard my opinion!
dutchie Member 391 Member For: 22y 5m 19d Location: Somewhere Posted 23/07/04 03:08 PM Author Posted 23/07/04 03:08 PM Thanks BA_Turbes,Yep sure have and very much appreciated too.......Still trying to work out what to do........might stick with the original plan and wait and see after the first service and see how we go.....Problem is that I'm not much of a mechanic so I would not know what I'm checking once the car is serviced..........ummmmdutchie
Miss_Aly Legacy Donating Member 615 Member For: 22y 4m 14d Gender: Female Posted 24/07/04 07:39 AM Posted 24/07/04 07:39 AM I have also had my previous car serviced at Knox Ford and can recommend them. When I had the AU II XR8 I had it serviced at Vermont Ford and I also recommend them.I have just booked my T into Freeway Ford, Cranbourne. She goes in for a service on the 6 August for the 15000. Will see how it goes. I think my T must have a cold at the moment. Leaking power steering oil, and coughing when I accelarate, chug chug chug.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now