Jump to content

Keen to see how everyone is driving  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 24d
  • Gender: Female
Posted

Average about 9.5 to 10.5/100km. Living out near Phillip Island I do alot of traveling and use cruise control alot. When I drove to Portland it got down to using 9Ltrs/100km that's pretty good!

  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Timson
  • Guests
Posted

Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum tonight, but please forgive me, I am from the otherside, I own a SV8.

I wanted an XR6T, even took one for a test drive but I could not afford the extra dollars so I bought the SV8 instead.

My average fuel consumption is 8-9l/100klm on the highway and 15-16l/100klm.

The figures look fairly similar, my car looks as though it gets better economy on the highway, maybe that's due to the tall 6th gear (1500rpm@110km/ph).

that's with 300fwkw, how do you guys go with modified cars? Does the economy change at all?

P.S it's good to see some XR6T guys running some quick times on the strip, puts those XR8's to shame, not to mention a few LS1's as well.

Cheers,

Tim.

  • Flaccid Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOONAMAH, go figure.....
Posted
Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum tonight, but please forgive me, I am from the otherside, I own a SV8.

I wanted an XR6T, even took one for a test drive but I could not afford the extra dollars so I bought the SV8 instead.

My average fuel consumption is 8-9l/100klm on the highway and 15-16l/100klm.

The figures look fairly similar, my car looks as though it gets better economy on the highway, maybe that's due to the tall 6th gear (1500rpm@110km/ph).

that's with 300fwkw, how do you guys go with modified cars? Does the economy change at all?

P.S it's good to see some XR6T guys running some quick times on the strip, puts those XR8's to shame, not to mention a few LS1's as well.

Cheers,

Tim.

Hey Timson!

Welcome! In defence of my high fuel usage on the Hwy, I live in the NT and sit on around 160-180 kph. I'd love a six speed though!! SV8, XR6T, (I don't really care...) they're both great cars. (But jeez I really would like 6th!!)

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted

:blink:

Timson.

Enjoy the site mate, we're all car :o here ... and don't worry that you chose the wrong car. Mind you, it will be interesting to get your opinions on the Holden. :blink:

... oh and ... (wait for it) .... Watchyawearn? :danceforme:

:pooh:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 19d
  • Location: Brisbane (Parkinson)
Posted

I get around 16.2l/100klm's and it doesn't change much!

Guest Prev
  • Guests
Posted

I get about 10.5L/100km on the highway with cruise set at 110km/h. cruise helps a lot with fuel consumption.

City driving, I cant get away with less than 15L/100km....

Track days.... I'd be hitting 30L/100km plus

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 4d
Posted

13.8 is a rough average for me. Depends on how much :glad: sydney traffic I get stuck in... :pinch:

Must admit... constantly drag'n crapodore LS1's from the lights and "winning" :msm: doesnt kind of help!!! :blush:

At least thou its a little better then the first 1500k's... 16ish was the average

  • The Best Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

My average fuel economy is currently sitting on exactly 16L/100km.

I drive it hard. :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 20d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

G'day..

I just did a Sydney-Noosa-Sydney trip and averaged 10.1L /100 up and back..

With Optimax at $1.19/L on the highway, I'm glad I'm hovering round the 10 mark as opposed to my standard 13's and 14's when back in the city..... :lol:

Cheers.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 24d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Went from brisbane to the gold coast and back today, drove around the coast a bit when I got back it was saying 11.2 litres per 100 kms did give a bit of stick so was pleased with it over all since my nissan patrol is around 23 litres per 100 km the T is saving me money allready

Stardust

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...