XRSEX EVO 9 SUPPORTER Member 556 Member For: 23y 6m 6d Location: NO CAPA EDIT REQUIRED HERE! Posted 10/07/04 11:48 PM Posted 10/07/04 11:48 PM Come on guys your confusing the :censored:out of me.Only joking guys. I sometimes feel that there is a second stage in 3rd gear but then I put my foot down and clicks back into 3rd. I know it sounds confusing but its like the revs drop even though you still have your foot on the accelerator.
Guest Big Mick Guests Posted 10/07/04 11:57 PM Posted 10/07/04 11:57 PM I sometimes feel that there is a second stage in 3rd gear but then I put my foot down and clicks back into 3rd. I know it sounds confusing but its like the revs drop even though you still have your foot on the accelerator. that's probably the lock-up clutch in the torque converter.Mick
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 11/07/04 01:28 AM Author Posted 11/07/04 01:28 AM I think its possible that because I let the car change itself 1-2 and I then change manually 2-3 that the car could still be doing the 2-3 change and actually doing the 3-4 change instead. It might not be realising that its in manual mode yet. Now that we have identified the problem any ideas on who would be best to talk to about this??I would surprised if after the manual 2-3 change the PCM was still in performance mode, but you never know. I know this is easier said than done, but next time you could look at the LCD display on the dash after the manual 2-3 change, if it displays 3 then the PCM thinks you are in manual, if it's D then the PCM is still in performance mode.Who knows maybe it was still in performance mode and with the higher mph you were achieving that night you reached the limit at where your box changes up automatically?? Cro has mentioned quite a range of speeds for the 2-3 change in performance mode, maybe yours is at the lower end?? Sorry, more questions than answers, but just my thoughts.Oh and I have always run in performance mode and the box has never done a 3-4 change.The first people I would speak to would be the guys that built the box and based on what they say take it from there.Mick I have been trying to remember Mick whether it said D or 4 and I couldn't be sure. I think it said D but that's not definate. Its a bit hard to test around where I live as I need to be doing well over 170kmph to replicate it. Its going to do my head in cause I wont be able to get back to the track till the 23rd July at the earliest and probably the 6th of August. I'm with you regarding the never being in 4th on a good run. Even when I ran the 116.56mph I was still in 3rd. It was definately changing in error as I was no where near the red line and it should have been in manual mode.Now I'm off to find a private road somewhere. Any ideas in Melbournes South East???Geea.
Guest Big Mick Guests Posted 11/07/04 01:39 AM Posted 11/07/04 01:39 AM Now I'm off to find a private road somewhere. Any ideas in Melbournes South East??? You should try a test & tune day at Heathcote.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 11/07/04 02:02 AM Author Posted 11/07/04 02:02 AM Now I'm off to find a private road somewhere. Any ideas in Melbournes South East???You should try a test & tune day at Heathcote. Would you have their web address so I can look up when they are having the next one Mick? If I go are you interested in coming up to Heathcote for the day??Geea.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/07/04 02:51 AM Posted 11/07/04 02:51 AM Now I'm off to find a private road somewhere. Any ideas in Melbournes South East???You should try a test & tune day at Heathcote. Would you have their web address so I can look up when they are having the next one Mick? If I go are you interested in coming up to Heathcote for the day??Geea. I am pretty sure they run a test and tune every Sunday.
Guest Big Mick Guests Posted 11/07/04 11:15 AM Posted 11/07/04 11:15 AM (edited) Now I'm off to find a private road somewhere. Any ideas in Melbournes South East???You should try a test & tune day at Heathcote. Would you have their web address so I can look up when they are having the next one Mick? If I go are you interested in coming up to Heathcote for the day??Geea. Heathcote Park Raceway Website is HERE. Test & Tune dates are on the calender.Yeah I would be interested in coming up for the day. Let me know when you have a date.Mick Edited 11/07/04 11:17 AM by Big Mick
Guest ROCKET Guests Posted 12/07/04 09:57 AM Posted 12/07/04 09:57 AM Now I'm off to find a private road somewhere. Any ideas in Melbournes South East???You should try a test & tune day at Heathcote. Would you have their web address so I can look up when they are having the next one Mick? If I go are you interested in coming up to Heathcote for the day??Geea. Heathcote Park Raceway Website is HERE. Test & Tune dates are on the calender.Yeah I would be interested in coming up for the day. Let me know when you have a date.Mick hey guysdont forget about usmaybe we can make a day of itregardsrod
Tex Member 56 Member For: 22y 4m 12d Location: Brisbane Posted 12/07/04 10:17 AM Posted 12/07/04 10:17 AM (edited) Geea,I was thinking about the way you change gears. Obviously, you like to change different gears at different revs. Would it be possible to reprogram the transmission settings, so that it would change gears at the revs you require when at the drags. That way you would not have too change modes. Just a thought. I don't know if it is possible or not. Edited 12/07/04 10:19 AM by Tex
sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 16d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 12/07/04 11:29 AM Posted 12/07/04 11:29 AM Geea,Maybe what happened was,Auto shift 1st to 2nd, thenManual shift 2nd to 3rd, but as you manually shifted, the auto shifted aswell? Thus as it was nearly exactly the same time there was a bit of confusion there so it was left in manual mode and then changed at what it thought was optimum to keep in the best power range.Mind you this is just a thought, I am no transmission expert!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now