ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 11/07/04 10:19 AM Posted 11/07/04 10:19 AM Im looking at some new tyres myself and I can some tyres for a good price I was told they are Hancook's but the tyre itself say's ventures does anybody know if this is rightand also if 295/30/19's would be ok to put on 9.5 inch rims? Cheers JEFFThink the tyre your looking at Jeff is the Ventus K104Try here.. www.hankooktyre.com.auDon't think the 19's go to 295 though
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/07/04 10:51 AM Posted 11/07/04 10:51 AM ... here http://www.hankooktyre.com.au/V2/products/...rch=pcr&id=1088They don't have the 295/30/-19, rather 295/35-20Jeff, I'd also like a bit more rubber, but something like 295 instead of the 275 that we have won't fit properly for me. I don't think there a problem putting the 295 on the 9.5" wheel, but rather that my wheel offset isn't right.Also, a 295/30 will be 1.8% bigger in diameter than a 275/30, so gearing won't be as good.295 may be very close to the limit of what you can fit under the guard.285/30-19 might be a reasonable and better option. e.g Michelon Pilot Sport (probably very expensive byt good tyres) refer http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/auto/auto_pro...jsp?search=trueBrian
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 11/07/04 11:09 AM Posted 11/07/04 11:09 AM Brian I have a question regarding offset. When buying 275-295 wheels how do you know what off set you need and are wheels made in various offsets or special orders ?Geea.
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 16d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 11/07/04 11:20 AM Posted 11/07/04 11:20 AM ... here http://www.hankooktyre.com.au/V2/products/...rch=pcr&id=1088They don't have the 295/30/-19, rather 295/35-20Jeff, I'd also like a bit more rubber, but something like 295 instead of the 275 that we have won't fit properly for me. I don't think there a problem putting the 295 on the 9.5" wheel, but rather that my wheel offset isn't right.Also, a 295/30 will be 1.8% bigger in diameter than a 275/30, so gearing won't be as good.295 may be very close to the limit of what you can fit under the guard.285/30-19 might be a reasonable and better option. e.g Michelon Pilot Sport (probably very expensive byt good tyres) refer http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/auto/auto_pro...jsp?search=trueBrian Thanks Brian and JB I think I must have muddled it up a bit as they probably are a 275/30 but was told they come in a 295 as well, and I think they are a ventus 104'sBrian I was just concerned that the tyre was to big for the rim size I think my offset is a little bit different to yours as I feel that the 295's would fill the guards in nicely anyway thanks again and I better make some more phone calls tomorrow C YA JEFF
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/07/04 11:26 AM Posted 11/07/04 11:26 AM Geea,Re-offset, I relied on the advice of the supplier, as do most people.For my wheels the idea was to fill out the guard as much as possible, which although looking great is not always practical.After I fitted the wheels, I found that it should have been in about 3mm, because the wheel was scraping, and I had to roll the guard a bit.... and so wider rubber again will mean I'll have to review the situation.With the rwkw that you and others are now generating I'm doubting that even 275 rubber on the rear is sufficient. Yet another thing to look at.Brian
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 11m 2d Location: NSW Posted 13/07/04 05:27 AM Posted 13/07/04 05:27 AM (edited) I have just fitted 20 inch wheels to my T ute. There was only one type of tyre that could be used on the front as the suspension has a bolt hanging out that will hit if anything bigger than this tyre is used (Sorry about the bad explanation, hopefully the pictures will show you what I mean). From memory it is a 225x30x20. There is a 3-4mm clearance using this tyre between it and the bolt. I will take some pictures and try to get a shot of how close the bolt is to the tyre. There was no need to roll the guards for these wheels which was good. Edited 13/07/04 05:37 AM by XRPhantom
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/07/04 09:13 AM Posted 13/07/04 09:13 AM Thanks SR, ill give that a crack!Are you sure you can trust your dealer Mick?? Well I dont trust myself sometimes, so no Dags, I cant trust my dealer! :lol:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now