Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m
  • Location: The city of churches and TURBO XR'S
Posted

Heres another one.

Inexperienced drivers drag racing in the wet on a city street. Now one kid is dead and another is in hospital. :spoton:

Wake up and save it for a track day.....

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 22d
  • Location: Dodge Scat Pack
Posted

Ambition confused with ability...........again

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 5d
Posted

Yes and one lot pissed off to leave the others die, I bet those little sh*ts are sh*tting themselves since the cops got em just before hand with a speed camera!

Why cant these dudes go and do it on a drag strip rather then risking it? I put it all down to a mixture of immaturity, drugs, alcohole and inexperience.

I hear there is a new device which can test for drugs via saliva, what do u guys know about this plonky?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 17d
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Excellent. 1 more looser gone. Unfortunately we'll be forking out for knob jokeys hospital bills.

Now we'll have the cops and pollies down on car enthusiasts again instead of pickin off the ppl driving sh!tters with no brakes, no suspension, milk crates for seats, panels and parts missing, etc etc etc.

And that's why we have rediculous speed limits. :spoton:

Can't tell me that someone with 20 yrs driving exp in city and country, who drives a new car with all the saftey gear, is not more capable of driving at a higher speed than a 20 something in a sh!tty datsun or VB crumbledoor who has only driven from uni to home.

And double points for holidays....?!?!?! Please. Why are offences worth more during holidays?!?!? Cause more ppl are on the roads and there's more chance to increase the revenue for the State. :glad:

end rant :blush:

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

A young person dies in a crash!

Quick, Lower the Speed Limits. LOWER THE SPEED LIMITS.

BAN CARS.Increase fines, Make the reverse parking more difficult for your license... :spoton::blush::glad:

Another blow for science against religion, Darwin reigns Supreme.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 5d
Posted

Yeh good point Bara.

Basically the rest of us are being f$&%& over because of these dudes. Im over feeling sorry for people who continue to break the law. If your doing the right thing usually accidents just dont occur, and if they do then usually no one is hurt. There seems to be standard criteria when it comes to these kinds of accidents, Young blokes, sh*t cars and lots of speed!

Neways what can we do? Not much other then bring up future generations to respect the vehicles they drive and understand their limits.. As for now the governments are trying, but they seem to be hurting us who do the right thing more then the real criminals on our roads.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Back seat...... waiting for the babes
Posted

In all fairness we give the young kids a fair cop for driving like idiots but just as an example there is the 'Traffic light encounters' thread currently in the 'latest threads' list.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...f=33&t=11650&s=

It has the sub comment

"no one wants to play?!"

Most people on this site are not P platers and I would imagine have a fair level of driving experience. But the kids today see us 'blowing them off at the lights' and that makes them want to try harder or push it beyond their safe driving limits of what they can handle. They have this whole invincible feeling until they stuff up and in alot of cases, that 1 stuff up can have deathly consequences.

Aren't we in a way saying do what we say not what we do. A bit double dutch in my books.

If a P plater wants to have a go at the lights I will not even try and just let him go rather than see what could happen if he writes himself off.

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

Flame resistance clothing?? CHECK

Thick skin?? CHECK

Ok guys, I'm all prepared. :ermm:

I'm not sure about the rest of you guys with over 20 years driving experience, but here are some of my recollections.

I know that when I was 18 I had a 351c XB panelvan with the usual go fast and look good gear.

QUESTION: Now what are the chances that me being the normal (some would have said totally insane) 18 year old, that I would always be driving my car in a responsible and legal manner.

ANSWER: Nil. :blush:

Now I'd bet Redhawks, London to a brick that I'm not alone in this.

I can recall lots of close calls where afterwards me and my mates would be laughing and thinking, "f*ck that was close". There were even occassions where we had accidents, the ones I recall only involved ourselves in single car accidents or with each other.

I remember driving up the Hume doing well over 200kmph in said XB van. This actually scares me just to think about it. :spoton:

I managed to survive my youth as have you all and most will have similar experiences.

We shouldn't be glad or happy that a young man has died. We should be feeling sad and sorry both for him and his loved ones.

People don't intend to have accidents and don't try to get themselves killed. that's why they are called accidents. This young man was in the middle of getting more experience and learning what is/isn't appropriate on our roads. Unfortunately he never survived this lesson.

Geea. :glad:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Condolensces to the family.....

Another sad waste of life.... :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...