NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 26/07/04 08:32 AM Posted 26/07/04 08:32 AM The GT is a genuine Grand Tourer as it was designed to be. You can drive it 1000's of k's, get out and think lets do that again. You cant do that in an XR's or any of the Expensive Daewoo range.Horses for courses. I love my GTWhy not?? I drove my T from Sydney to Darwin no prob, comfy as, could just as easily drive back? 4500k ....does it easy. Will easliy cruise at speeds over 180k's......for hrs(if you can afford the fuel)
Guest coltyu. Guests Posted 26/07/04 08:39 AM Posted 26/07/04 08:39 AM he mightve meant that he couldnt do it in an XR but can in a GTso he may be saying that people who can go 1000's of k's in a xr could go 10000's of k's in a GT
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 26/07/04 08:42 AM Author Posted 26/07/04 08:42 AM Coltyu do those times mean nothing to you .........because?Just curious because I bought my T mostly on what I read and a bit on what I heard.
Guest coltyu. Guests Posted 26/07/04 09:02 AM Posted 26/07/04 09:02 AM They dont mean anything to me because theres too many variables in the tests, especially when they are done by magazines who are usually supplied a test car by Expensive Daewoo themselves with really no way to tell if they have been tampered with at all as they have been caught out before and I can understand why they would do it as it is big money for Expensive Daewoo to have those times posted in something like Hotsource for people to go look at it and say "Wow this car is fast, I want one now"(or something along the lines of that) and you even said yourself it is some of the reason that you brought your Talso it depends on who drives them, the temperature, the number of k's the car has on the clock, the amount of fuel in the tank. Im sure I could think of some more variables but this is just off the top of my headThis is just My opinion, and no-one will change it because anyone can think what they like
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/07/04 09:12 AM Posted 26/07/04 09:12 AM They dont mean anything to me because theres too many variables in the tests, especially when they are done by magazines who are usually supplied a test car by Expensive Daewoo themselves with really no way to tell if they have been tampered with at all as they have been caught out before and I can understand why they would do it as it is big money for Expensive Daewoo to have those times posted in something like Hotsource for people to go look at it and say "Wow this car is fast, I want one now"(or something along the lines of that) and you even said yourself it is some of the reason that you brought your Talso it depends on who drives them, the temperature, the number of k's the car has on the clock, the amount of fuel in the tank. Im sure I could think of some more variables but this is just off the top of my headThis is just My opinion, and no-one will change it because anyone can think what they like I’ll skip the sugar coating and skip straight to the point; you need a reality injection buddy.These variables that you have rattled off apply to everyone, so unless you test every car yourself on the same day under the same conditions how could you get an absolute accurate comparison.And as for the last comment, yes you are entitled to your opinion, but what makes you think that it is correct? If you can’t discuss a topic with an open mind then please spare everyone else on the forum and don’t bother.Trent.
Guest coltyu. Guests Posted 26/07/04 09:26 AM Posted 26/07/04 09:26 AM "These variables that you have rattled off apply to everyone, so unless you test every car yourself on the same day under the same conditions how could you get an absolute accurate comparison."that's what I said (Or should I say MEANT?).... "And as for the last comment, yes you are entitled to your opinion, but what makes you think that it is correct? "I never said my opinion was correct, opinions are opinions, not facts, which is also why I said "this is "JUST" my opinion""If you can’t discuss a topic with an open mind then please spare everyone else on the forum and don’t bother."I was asked why I thought the times meant nothing to me, so next time ill ignore questions people ask me
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 26/07/04 10:16 AM Author Posted 26/07/04 10:16 AM Good on you mate and next time we,ll just ingnore YOU.
bugeyedcreepy Member 60 Member For: 22y 5m 22d Location: Canberra and Townsville Posted 26/07/04 10:18 AM Posted 26/07/04 10:18 AM There's not going to be a BA GTHO. Because there is no correlation between road car & race car anymore, the need to build a high performance model has dissappeared.The High performance scandal of the 70's has also guietly happened again.The GT is a genuine Grand Tourer as it was designed to be. You can drive it 1000's of k's, get out and think lets do that again. You cant do that in an XR's or any of the Expensive Daewoo range.Horses for courses. I love my GTMust be something wrong withthe XR seats you sat in because I can do unlimited ours in my XR and get out and do it all again I did me a trip from Canberra to Townsville over two days, had my car serviced by my brother's Ford Dealership (actually he's the Service Manager/Chief Mechanic) and after three days visiting friends all over, turned around and spent another couple of days coming back...I'd have no worries doing it again, it's great and I'd imagine doing that on the Premium Leather Buttmeisters would be even better!Me.
Guest coltyu. Guests Posted 26/07/04 10:34 AM Posted 26/07/04 10:34 AM Good on you mate and next time we,ll just ingnore YOU. haha Ok "Ingnore" me coz I answered your question.
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 26/07/04 10:39 AM Author Posted 26/07/04 10:39 AM You Idiot OK you win!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now