Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 10/06/04 12:24 AM Posted 10/06/04 12:24 AM Not bad. A bit lame though.Skydiving is lame too.Have you done a 'hop 'n' pop'????? Isn't that on Playschool? Welcome back AnnastaciaScotty CCC sounds like another term for diarrhea. OK for the uninitiated, or those of you who have done one tandem jump.........A 'hop n pop' is when you jump for the first time and you pull your own ripcord to open your shute, believe me after your second solo jump (none of this whimp tandem jumping for real men! ) is the scariest jump you do.Proper skydiving training is you do so many static line jumps, so you can practice standard freefall positioning, and dummy ripcord pulls. With the static line it's easy, timing (once you leave the plane)........."1 thousand (freefall position), 2 thousand (grab dummy ripcord), 3 thousand (pull dummy ripcord, arms back to the freefall position).........easy as piss!!!!! First hop n pop, no static line remember!!! in the freefall position, hanging onto the wing strut, left foot on the landing wheel, right foot out in space, cool, calm and collected, no probs, go through the procedure in your mind, instructor yells.....GO!!!!..........leave plane.......123 (takes about 2.34 nanoseconds to say) pull ripcord, hear beating at 1000 beats per minute, look up shute open OK all lines clear, find guide rings, cool, notice warm sticky feeling in undies and a faint waft of excretia eminating from top of jeans, then wet muddy slidy feeling down inside of right leg........ugh!!!That my friend is a hop n pop!! PS: It's Halley Berry!!!
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 11d Location: Toowoomba Posted 10/06/04 12:33 AM Posted 10/06/04 12:33 AM Not bad. A bit lame though.Skydiving is lame too.Have you done a 'hop 'n' pop'????? Isn't that on Playschool? Welcome back AnnastaciaScotty CCC sounds like another term for diarrhea. OK for the uninitiated, or those of you who have done one tandem jump.........A 'hop n pop' is when you jump for the first time and you pull your own ripcord to open your shute, believe me after your second solo jump (none of this whimp tandem jumping for real men! ) is the scariest jump you do.Proper skydiving training is you do so many static line jumps, so you can practice standard freefall positioning, and dummy ripcord pulls. With the static line it's easy, timing (once you leave the plane)........."1 thousand (freefall position), 2 thousand (grab dummy ripcord), 3 thousand (pull dummy ripcord, arms back to the freefall position).........easy as piss!!!!! First hop n pop, no static line remember!!! in the freefall position, hanging onto the wing strut, left foot on the landing wheel, right foot out in space, cool, calm and collected, no probs, go through the procedure in your mind, instructor yells.....GO!!!!..........leave plane.......123 (takes about 2.34 nanoseconds to say) pull ripcord, hear beating at 1000 beats per minute, look up shute open OK all lines clear, find guide rings, cool, notice warm sticky feeling in undies and a faint waft of excretia eminating from top of jeans, then wet muddy slidy feeling down inside of right leg........ugh!!!That my friend is a hop n pop!! PS: It's Halley Berry!!! So it kind of is like diarrhea
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 10/06/04 01:17 AM Posted 10/06/04 01:17 AM Yeah......with a big helping of adrenaline thrown in!! :lol:
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Posted 10/06/04 01:26 AM Posted 10/06/04 01:26 AM Sounds good. I must admit, it was a tandem jump that I did and I was actually 15 not 16. But anyway, I remember looking into doing a parachute lisence so I could go jump whenever, however it didn't seem worth it. I'm sure the solo jump is much more thrilling then tandem however there is no ground effect with skydiving. You're still thousands of feet when you pull the cord, unlike bungy when your thinking, $hit, the ground is right there. Now base jumping, that would be something. I would love to go base jumping but unfortunately I think you need to be a fairly experienced skydiver. This is just my personal view however I have done most of this stuff and the Nevis Bungy in NZ is one of the best adrenaline rush's I have had. Prior to this I did the 2 bungy's in QLD which were also pretty lame. Did the one that used to be out on a barge near sea world when I was about 13 or 14 (can' remember exactly, I know I was a year too young so the old man just said I was older lol) and did the other one in surfers when I was 16 (jumped off that one backwards). Seriously though, it's all good fun ey?Chris
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 10/06/04 02:54 AM Posted 10/06/04 02:54 AM PS: It's Halley Berry!!! & not even she could entice me out of a perfectly good airplaneScotty CCC
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 11d Location: Toowoomba Posted 10/06/04 12:04 PM Posted 10/06/04 12:04 PM PS: It's Halley Berry!!!& not even she could entice me out of a perfectly good airplaneScotty CCC I'm with ya on that one.
twinxrs Member 202 Member For: 23y 2m 14d Location: Sydney Posted 11/06/04 02:27 AM Posted 11/06/04 02:27 AM I'm a coaster fanatic myself - just can't get ehough !I've done the Marine World park north of San Francisco a few times, the Great America park near San Jose, and one in Denver.Medusa @ Marine World ROCKS !http://www.sixflags.com/parks/marineworld/Rides/medusa.htmlBut the best had to be last time I was in the US on business, took an extra night in LA and did Magic Mountain - rode the coaters all day (didn't even stop for lunch !), and then jumped on the plane home
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 11/06/04 05:50 AM Posted 11/06/04 05:50 AM PS: It's Halley Berry!!!& not even she could entice me out of a perfectly good airplaneScotty CCC I'm with ya on that one. Vision of Scotty hanging onto plane door screaming his little lungs out while Halley Berry is in the freefall position in free space with her mouth tightly clamped onto his.................(too much, too much, pissing myself!!) :o I bet that would entice you out!!! :o There are less painful ways of getting pen!s enlargement!! :lol:
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Posted 11/06/04 10:01 AM Posted 11/06/04 10:01 AM Magic Mountain 6 flags Magic Mountain? I remember that - good times.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now