xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/06/04 05:15 AM Posted 06/06/04 05:15 AM Hi Guys,I just finished installing a 600w rms amplifier, rear Cadence speakers and a Kicker comp pro sub woofer to my ute using the hi level input from the speaker cables.The system sounds great when it's cranked up but the dreaded engine whine we get through the aux input can now be heard through the system all of the time even on cd and radio where it wasn't present before.It varies with the accelerator just like alternator whineShort of pulling everything apart and trying to earth the amp from the same earth point of the ICC does anyone know of an easier fix?Cheers,Dean
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/06/04 06:11 AM Posted 06/06/04 06:11 AM No expert on this, but I believe there are line filters that should help, if not take care of it for you.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/06/04 07:09 AM Author Posted 06/06/04 07:09 AM Well done dingah now why didn't I think of that. Thanks flukeyluke, I went back to shop and bought an external hi to low level adapter with a built in supressor that isolates the rca inputs from the car dc power and it has completely fixed the problem. Even though I have a good quality amp with built in hi level inputs the noise was still there until I used the Stinger pro external unit so keep that in mind everyone.
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 06/06/04 07:30 AM Posted 06/06/04 07:30 AM ...turn the engine off?! Did you visit my crackerjack thread?
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/06/04 08:57 AM Posted 06/06/04 08:57 AM Well done dingah now why didn't I think of that. Thanks flukeyluke, I went back to shop and bought an external hi to low level adapter with a built in supressor that isolates the rca inputs from the car dc power and it has completely fixed the problem. Even though I have a good quality amp with built in hi level inputs the noise was still there until I used the Stinger pro external unit so keep that in mind everyone. Maybe we could do a similar thing with the aux input to stop the noise?
curious Member 504 Member For: 22y 10m 26d Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's Posted 06/06/04 09:53 AM Posted 06/06/04 09:53 AM filter wll fix it, also dont run your leads along side your power loop as it picks up the feed there, if that fails, yes turn your engine off
cutsnake Member 122 Member For: 22y 10m 29d Posted 06/06/04 10:04 AM Posted 06/06/04 10:04 AM :lol: I had this whine through the Aux input and a few passengers thought it was the turbo whistling
jnr Member 48 Member For: 22y 6m Location: Hills District Posted 07/06/04 03:59 AM Posted 07/06/04 03:59 AM XRDREAMING - I did somethng similar the other month ( instaled Amp & Sub the same way ) but I didn't get the diff whine. BUT what I got was the radio reception was very poor. I tried asking Strathfield what could have caused it but they just kept saying bring the car in.The radio cuts in and out of stereo mode & crackles alot. Both antaneas are plugged in but still bad reception. How's your reception ?If any one has any ideas it would be helpful.
useless Member 259 Member For: 22y 3m 26d Gender: Male Posted 11/06/04 11:58 AM Posted 11/06/04 11:58 AM I know what is wrong with your system.You have a bad earth.Simple...but that's what it is..How do I know????because ive seen it for 13 years...cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now