loop Member 49 Member For: 22y 10m 29d Location: North Central Victoria Posted 12/06/04 09:12 AM Posted 12/06/04 09:12 AM Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've been trying to push 4 variants of XR wheels for a while now, but the beancounters and the assembly plant cannot deal with the complexity of parts at the moment. The thing most people don't realise, is the complexity of vehicles that get built at the Broady assembly plant is more than most other plants in the automotive world, including the European marques.10 years ago, it was only the sedan that got built in the main plant. Utes and wagons were built in the second plant. Now, we have all Barra Sedans, Utes including the RTV, wagons, and Territory all under the one roof with 70 units being built an hour. that's more than 1 car every minute coming off the line!!What all this means, is a s%itload of wheels in a relatively small area to support the build.Anyhow, check out wheel finishes I've looked into for XR. There was a blue T at Winton today that had a set of these black wheels.I was told they would be available on series 2. It also seems they will be coulor coded to the car as an option.
cdm Member 886 Member For: 24y Posted 12/06/04 09:46 AM Posted 12/06/04 09:46 AM The BA 18's look great in my opinion. As xlr8ed said, bigger is better, and if the current 18's were 19's they would be awesome! I really am not a fan of the 17's or even the wheels on the FPV's. The AU series 1 17" Tickford wheels were also a classic. FPV's should definitely have optional 19's. If we look at the other teams wheels, I like the CV-8R rims and the VX GTS Rims in 19's. Also, pretty much any BMW rim.Chris
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 13/06/04 08:42 AM Posted 13/06/04 08:42 AM Thanks for all the feedback guys. :rallee: Anyhow, check out wheel finishes I've looked into for XR. That wheel looks very similar to this one on a concept Focus.http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_101707/newsarticle.html
tbearz Member 63 Member For: 23y 4m 3d Location: tassie Posted 13/06/04 09:49 AM Posted 13/06/04 09:49 AM well maybe its cos the Focus Concept was built by Ford Aus, some cross polination of ideas perhaps?
profrat Member 126 Member For: 23y 3m 11d Location: Eastern Victoria Posted 13/06/04 10:31 AM Posted 13/06/04 10:31 AM I'm with the 'Don't want nuthin' larger than 17's thanks' mob.Love the 17's. Rejected the 18's on tyre price. Also, I have to fit snow chains. This area needs work big time. It's just NOT ON to COP OUT with a line in the users manual that says 'don't fit chains'. that's crap on an Aussi family sport car.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now