Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 19d Location: Adelaide Posted 29/05/04 12:29 PM Posted 29/05/04 12:29 PM I knew there was a reason I ordered the lights-on feature.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 29/05/04 09:23 PM Posted 29/05/04 09:23 PM What we want is a Volvo option. When the 2 series were all over the road everybody stared in amazement & thought how stupid they were. Now "cool" cars are doing it, problem gone, ain't life funnyScotty CCC
profrat Member 126 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Location: Eastern Victoria Posted 30/05/04 12:46 AM Posted 30/05/04 12:46 AM AFAIK the only difference between Fog lights and other (driving, spot, headlights) is the shape and distribution of the light beam. Fogs can be mounted at headlight level or below, can be yellow ot white, but thet are still fogs if they have a wide flat cutoff beam designed to shine under fog and not to reflect off the fog above light level.I have been dazzled more than once by thoughtless drivers with 'fog' lights on at night on low beam. I should not have been if they were 'real' fogs or were adjusted correctly. A quick blast with my driving lights seems to get their attention.
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 30/05/04 02:17 AM Posted 30/05/04 02:17 AM Would you like a box of tissues Ross?Or how about a big shoulder?
Guest Guests Posted 30/05/04 04:15 AM Posted 30/05/04 04:15 AM Would you like a box of tissues Ross?Or how about a big shoulder? Whats all the Ross bashing all about vik
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 30/05/04 07:24 AM Posted 30/05/04 07:24 AM jokes man, I never mean it
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 30/05/04 09:57 AM Posted 30/05/04 09:57 AM Hi All Personally I drive with my low beam & driving lights on at all times. I can't tell you the amount of times I've gone to over take someone doing 10km under the limit only to find a car not that far ahead that I didn't see because it blended with the asphalt, shaddows etc.I ordered the "headlights on feature" so I didn't have to remember to turn them on all the time. I figure it's gotta be safer if people can see me coming (you only live once). My three previous cars being Late model camira wagons, all had this feature (auto headlights off) as standard as I believe all cars should. That said the driving lights on the SS Commodores would have to be the worst for misalignment of any cars I encounter with driving lights on.This is my opinion only.RegardsBig AL
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 30/05/04 10:13 AM Posted 30/05/04 10:13 AM I have the auto lights feature, but I thought it would only turn the lights on when it was dark enough. Mine seem to only come on if it is darkish or I put my hand over the sensor on the dash.As I have said I do drive with the foggies on, but I do not drive with the headlights and foggies on as I think it is pointless and I do not want to be booked.
curious Member 504 Member For: 22y 11m 8d Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's Posted 30/05/04 10:18 AM Posted 30/05/04 10:18 AM my pet hate too but no offence in Qld,are you sure... I was pulled over for having them on at night time... did not get fined but was told to turn them off... so off they went they dont teach us bluff in the academy, its a skill we pick up
curious Member 504 Member For: 22y 11m 8d Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's Posted 30/05/04 10:21 AM Posted 30/05/04 10:21 AM I hear the series 2 comes out with a 30cm roo spottie in the middle of the roof with the control arm coming down into the cabin so you can twist it into the eyes of any vehicle you want.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now