Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 12d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
had mine (mandarin xr6t auto) for bout two months now. little bit of clunk, not too bad.

one thing that im interested in is a whine coming from the car. doesnt always happen. occures as soon as I start the car and continues for a while before disappearing. and it gets louder or softer as the revs rise or fall.

anyone know what this could be... turbo whine?... fuel pump?

Have you got premium sound?

Sounds like the inerferance problem, the stero whines up and down according to the cars revs. I think it's an earth problem. :nono:

  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Crusty aviator
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: ACT
Posted

alternator?..does it increase volume under increased electrical load?

Dingah

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 2d
Posted

I guess at 35,000 klms I have joined as well, audible clunk at 3 to 4 klms an hour when slowing for lights, just about stopped and 'clunk', this is heard not felt so it isn't too bad I guess.

Would the expensive Redline differential oil cure this or not?

p.s. sorry if this was covered before I am too lazy to read through 10 or so pages...

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 20d
  • Location: leonay
Posted
had mine (mandarin xr6t auto) for bout two months now. little bit of clunk, not too bad.

one thing that im interested in is a whine coming from the car. doesnt always happen. occures as soon as I start the car and continues for a while before disappearing. and it gets louder or softer as the revs rise or fall.

anyone know what this could be...  turbo whine?... fuel pump?

Have you got premium sound?

Sounds like the inerferance problem, the stero whines up and down according to the cars revs. I think it's an earth problem. :w00t2:

certainly do have premium sound JB. cheers, I will check that out :nono:

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 12d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
I guess at 35,000 klms I have joined as well, audible clunk at 3 to 4 klms an hour when slowing for lights, just about stopped and 'clunk', this is heard not felt so it isn't too bad I guess.

Would the expensive Redline differential oil cure this or not?

p.s. sorry if this was covered before I am too lazy to read through 10 or so pages...

AMoffat, if your only clunking at low speeds, and not all the time at any speed I would not worry too much as it seems you have a very light case of the clunks. I will swap with you anyday for clunking only at that speed. :nono: :lol:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 8d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Sorry, don't mean to hijack, but I have the premium sound problem (the high-pithced whine that rises and falls with engine revs - is louder when the headlights or AC are on).

Is there a known fix?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 2d
Posted

My car sounds fine then. I have Premium Sound but I use it to drown out the diff whine at 97klms/hr. The sound system itself is fine.

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 12d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Sorry, don't mean to hijack, but I have the premium sound problem (the high-pithced whine that rises and falls with engine revs - is louder when the headlights or AC are on).

Is there a known fix?

I believe it's an earth or alternator problem, I know there are a couple of members that have had this fixed.

Guys? :glad:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

"Drive" have panned Ford for the clunk in a Mk2 XR8 they compared with the VZ SS. They said that it was not good enough in a $50K motor car.

I agree. Lets hope that they maintain the rage!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...