Master G Legacy Donating Member 511 Member For: 22y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 04/05/04 03:27 AM Posted 04/05/04 03:27 AM I would take the Boxster and then trade it in on the GTP, viola some spending money left over for goodies GJ
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 04/05/04 05:37 AM Posted 04/05/04 05:37 AM Neither........ SL55 AMG
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 04/05/04 05:42 AM Posted 04/05/04 05:42 AM with the spare 350,000 left over from buying a GTP instead of an SL55, I'd tune the GTP to at least match a stock SL55, and buy a house....Or, I'd take a GTP over a Boxster and maybe a Boxster S but if it was the Boxster 2.5 that has a full house 3.4L 911 Motor and GT3 bits and pieces, I'd take THAT porsche.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 04/05/04 05:47 AM Posted 04/05/04 05:47 AM If you like Porsches, I've got a mate who wants to sell his '64 beetle, no I really do have a mate, honest.Scotty CCC
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 04/05/04 05:55 AM Posted 04/05/04 05:55 AM Why not go for the Czech Tatra?They pioneered the rear engined air cooled layout...though their was a guy who worked for them, nicked the idea and called it his own, that's right, a dude called Ferdinand Porsche.....
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 04/05/04 06:18 AM Posted 04/05/04 06:18 AM I always wanted a Diamoind RioScotty CCC
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 7m 4d Posted 04/05/04 06:27 AM Posted 04/05/04 06:27 AM If you like Porsches, I've got a mate who wants to sell his '64 beetle, no I really do have a mate, honest.Scotty CCCScotty that post had me in fits of laughter, will you stop it my sides are aching from laughter. :lol: :lol: :lol: PeterAPS
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 04/05/04 06:32 AM Posted 04/05/04 06:32 AM If you like Porsches, I've got a mate who wants to sell his '64 beetle, no I really do have a mate, honest.Scotty CCCScotty that post had me in fits of laughter, will you stop it my sides are aching from laughter. :lol: :lol: :lol: PeterAPS He's lying Peter, he doesn't have a mate at all ...
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 14d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 04/05/04 07:04 AM Posted 04/05/04 07:04 AM The road handling is superb, the 6 speed gearbox is magnificent, the spread of engine torque is amazing, and the BRAKES .........well just peel your eye balls of the windscreen. What more can one say, it's a PORSCHE. Have to agree with Peter, Had a boxster, loved it. Not a big fan of the softop but handling, engine brakes, build quality you cannot beat it. You can pick up a second hander for $80 odd k, so compare it to a GTP for the extra bucks I reckon the porsche is worth it, Lifestyle permitting.As for a Lancer beating one, I would pay to see that, I found mine quick and even quicker through the twisty roads, would leave most cars for dead. Only car I could not catch on the great ocean road was a Ferrari. Before anyone says it obviously a 911 would beat it! :lol:
Marcos Member 289 Member For: 22y 11m Location: Central Coast NSW Posted 04/05/04 12:10 PM Posted 04/05/04 12:10 PM .......Wife, 3 kids........GT-P.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now