nxr06 Legacy Donating Member 117 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Posted 27/04/04 10:03 AM Posted 27/04/04 10:03 AM Can anyone confirm or deny if the boost is restricted to 4psi till the car has reached 4000km???
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 6d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 27/04/04 10:22 AM Posted 27/04/04 10:22 AM Never heard that one, and certainly never noticed any difference on our T. Sounds like an urban XR6T myth :lol:
Guest Big Mick Guests Posted 27/04/04 10:44 AM Posted 27/04/04 10:44 AM My car put out about 186rwkw with about 2,600k on the clock. Jeeze, I hope that was only at 4psi, but I doubt it!
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 7m 1d Posted 27/04/04 10:51 AM Posted 27/04/04 10:51 AM Can anyone confirm or deny if the boost is restricted to 4psi till the car has reached 4000km???The xr6t will generate normal factory boost pressure from day one, it is not restricted to 4 psi for the first 4000kms.PeterAPS
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 26d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 27/04/04 11:04 AM Posted 27/04/04 11:04 AM Can anyone confirm or deny if the boost is restricted to 4psi till the car has reached 4000km??? Not restricted but it does level out to 4psi.I put my car on the Dyno, it starting at 6psi then working its way down to 4psi toward the upper rev range where it leveled out and stayed on 4. PS mine had about 12 000km when it was dyno'd
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 27/04/04 10:23 PM Posted 27/04/04 10:23 PM Mine was always around 6psi from day one
hingston Member 22 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Location: Vic Posted 28/04/04 02:34 AM Posted 28/04/04 02:34 AM mine aslo has been around 6 psi, some times you can notice pulsing on a hot day, but this is normal.
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 26d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 28/04/04 03:17 AM Posted 28/04/04 03:17 AM My car put out about 186rwkw with about 2,600k on the clock. Jeeze, I hope that was only at 4psi, but I doubt it! was this dyno'd in shootout mode ??
igsta Member 371 Member For: 22y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/04/04 07:58 AM Posted 28/04/04 07:58 AM I have a autometer boost gauge in my car and I always keep an eye on it. The boost ranges from 4 to 7 psi. Normaly when taking off it boosts to around 6 then drops down to about 5 as revs increase. It does but rarely reaches 7, and rarely drops to 4. I suppose it depends on ambient temperature, whether or not you are loaded up, the fuel you use etc.
Guest Big Mick Guests Posted 28/04/04 12:55 PM Posted 28/04/04 12:55 PM (edited) My car put out about 186rwkw with about 2,600k on the clock. Jeeze, I hope that was only at 4psi, but I doubt it!was this dyno'd in shootout mode ?? Yes, using Shoot 6 software.I feel a berating coming on Edited 28/04/04 01:02 PM by Big Mick
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now