cutsnake Member 122 Member For: 22y 11m Posted 22/04/04 09:09 AM Author Posted 22/04/04 09:09 AM hey great idea, one thing I want to ask u is, if hte box is placed in the boot how can u change the channels do u have to point the control towards the box or the screen? The trick is to tap into the ICC infrared receiver (it is located on the upper part of the ICC screen surround). This will then need to be fed straight into the Dig TV box and viola! no need to point at the boot!! :lol: This should not be to difficult. I will let you know how I go.Cutsnake
tur Flight 6 Member 471 Member For: 23y 1m 26d Posted 22/04/04 09:22 AM Posted 22/04/04 09:22 AM cool let us know how it goes because I am considering doing it on my T, I rand the digital box joint up and he said they are receieving a new smaller version half the size and half the weight, it will out shortly he doesn;t know exactly when, could u post all the things needed to install the box if its not to much trouble when your finished. thankkkkk
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/04/04 11:42 AM Posted 22/04/04 11:42 AM The most important thing about getting a different digital decoder is it MUST output NTSC or it will not work on the T's ICC. In Australia we use the PAL system, this is not compatible witht he T's ICC.
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 22/04/04 12:11 PM Posted 22/04/04 12:11 PM cutsnake, very impressive work. I'd be interested. All I have to do is convince the wife!
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/04/04 10:00 PM Posted 22/04/04 10:00 PM cutsnake, great job.Can you let us know have you connected up the digital box?Did you use the scart?Whick connections do you use?What did you use to connect to the ICC?Any other info to connect this up?What type of amplified antenna are you using?Thanks and great work!
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 22/04/04 10:26 PM Posted 22/04/04 10:26 PM Looks bloody good Cutsnake Is there anyone in Sydney who can install this for me???
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 5d Location: Toowoomba Posted 23/04/04 03:09 AM Posted 23/04/04 03:09 AM cutsnake,you should sell wiring diagrams, parts lists and install instructions after you have the whole thing installed nicely, I will definatley buy one.
cutsnake Member 122 Member For: 22y 11m Posted 23/04/04 03:39 AM Author Posted 23/04/04 03:39 AM cutsnake,you should sell wiring diagrams, parts lists and install instructions after you have the whole thing installed nicely, I will definatley buy one. Hmmm....that wouldn't be fair on a few other forum members who have already done alot of the prework in figuring out the ICC connector pin-outs ans Aux Audio inputs (e.g. Aaron)As I am still playing, so will post details as I go along...
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 5d Location: Toowoomba Posted 23/04/04 03:47 AM Posted 23/04/04 03:47 AM just an idea, it will be good for the members that have no idea what you guys are talking about to get there hands on this once complete. I think it looks great and I want.
cutsnake Member 122 Member For: 22y 11m Posted 23/04/04 05:28 AM Author Posted 23/04/04 05:28 AM cutsnake, great job.Can you let us know have you connected up the digital box?Did you use the scart?Whick connections do you use?What did you use to connect to the ICC?Any other info to connect this up?What type of amplified antenna are you using?Thanks and great work! Thanks for the comments... Answers to your Q's..- Yes I am using a SCART connector for this (RGB SCART out of the Dig Box)- I do not have access to a proper ICC connector, so I used speaker terminals pushed directly into the ICC socket.- I am doing a basic write-up. I will post shortly.- I am using an old Amplified Indoor TV antenna (from Tandy I think?). This has been removed from its housing as the bits I need are way smaller than the overral antenna. The antenna is the tricky part to setup for proper reception..As I mentioned above, I am doing a basic write-up for this. This is not necessarily step by step instructions, but enough info (together with what others have posted)to get your in car TV going.In the mean time, feel free to post other Q's / comments.Cutsnake
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now