rs2000 Member 259 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Location: riddells creek Posted 21/04/04 01:32 AM Posted 21/04/04 01:32 AM I'd seriously look at the new Expensive Daewoo vectra. plenty of standard features, good finish, sedan and hatch with plenty of room available driveaway for under 30k for the 4cyl under 35k for the v6.I've just purchased one for my wife
sharkey Member 337 Member For: 22y 9m 1d Posted 21/04/04 01:39 AM Posted 21/04/04 01:39 AM What's it like to insure? Have you had many warranty issues? How well has the car aged? KittyOur 147 is a 5 door Selespeed (clutchless manual) and I think the insurance is about the same as the T. We bought it in September 2001, the week that they were released in Australia, so there were no deals at that time. However I did manage to score what I think are a pretty cool set of number plates for it.It has now done about 65,000 km. One of the gear paddles behind the steering wheel stopped working after about 2 years so they replaced both paddles under warranty.The entire dash went into fault mode once so the car went to the dealer for 3 days. They did provide a loan car for that time – a brand new (well 2000km) 156.It is continually blowing light bulbs, sometimes within a week of them being replaced. The dealer tells us this is normal (sound familiar). I have talked to a couple of other 147 owners and they say this doesn’t happen to them.It seems to be a car-park-abuse magnet so it has a few minor scrapes and dents in it that I will need to get fixed soon.Other than that we are very happy with it. I still think the style looks great and a lot of other cars coming out seem to be copying some of the 147 styling cues, particularly the V shape in the bottom edge of the rear window.
plonky The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium Member 1,766 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Location: Dodge Scat Pack Posted 21/04/04 02:04 AM Posted 21/04/04 02:04 AM 147 AD on Carsales.comWill have to have a further look into this....What's it like to insure? Have you had many warranty issues? How well has the car aged?Thanks guys, this is really helping, I hadn't even considered the Alfa and it is a spunky little car! KittyNever had a single warranty claim since we bought it in 2002. It has stood up to being driven by my wife and having two little children (3 and 4) inside. Nothing has fallen off, the leather is perfect, stereo great, handling awesome and been very reliable.She lives in Tassie with the kids and it even likes the cold weather and rainy roads.Insurance is about 800 p/a with NRMA for full replacement of 46500
KittyKatSmack Itty Bitty Kitty Kar Member 859 Member For: 23y 23d Location: on a road near you.... Posted 21/04/04 07:02 AM Author Posted 21/04/04 07:02 AM Right, I have just came back from another dealership crawl....There is no more 147Ti, and the price on the 147 2.0L 3 door Hatch with selespeed (V.NICE!!) $41500 plus dealer deliver and on roads....:ouch:Then he proceeded to show us the GTA*drools**drools a lot**sighs and puts the dream away*So then went back down the market scale a bit and checked out the Astra SRi non turbo... $35K changeover on the road, same money as I am paying now basically..... but more expensive and newer car.....And have booked a test drive in.... believe it or not.... Corolla Sportivo!They have all leather interior, cruise/abs/traction control/computer etc and an amazing 141kW on a 6 speed box for $29990 plus on roads...*falls over*The 147 only has 110kW but haven't measured up the torque rating on the corolla yet ~ they were out of brochures. So I am off to the Toyota website to see if I can Oh What A Feeling for a range of vehicles I really wasn't all that keen on, but feel somewhat surprised by the standard of the sportivo.... will try and be open mindedThis does not mean my price barrier has come crashing down, it just means I am giving a variety of cars from diff ranges an honest go....And yes the golf needs a pick up on exterior appearance, but still worthy of a test fang.... *did I say that out loud?* I mean't a test drive in a responsible manner.....Appreciate the info Sharkey about the 147... it is still on the list and also booked for a test drive on Saturday...Oh Aaron, are you busy this weekend? We are now!! LOLThanks to everyone contributing here, I really do appreciate it!
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 21/04/04 07:15 AM Posted 21/04/04 07:15 AM *cough* rav 4 cv *cough* :DThey aren't too bad for them mini 4WD's. But like you said above, the corrola sportivos are quite decked out for the price you pay, and I don't reckon they'd gho too bad for a little car.Good luck!
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 21/04/04 08:12 AM Posted 21/04/04 08:12 AM Hi Kitty,just got off the phone with a client who's been put in charge of selling his old man's (who has retired to the USA) 3yo Jaguar XJR supercharged 298kw V8 convertable. Has 9,000 k's on the clock, black, 18's.Scotty
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 21/04/04 08:17 AM Posted 21/04/04 08:17 AM Hi Kitty,just got off the phone with a client who's been put in charge of selling his old man's (who has retired to the USA) 3yo Jaguar XJR supercharged 298kw V8 convertable. Has 9,000 k's on the clock, black, 18's.Scotty Yes? Well Scotty, tell us HOW MUCH???
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 21/04/04 08:18 AM Posted 21/04/04 08:18 AM Hi Kitty,just got off the phone with a client who's been put in charge of selling his old man's (who has retired to the USA) 3yo Jaguar XJR supercharged 298kw V8 convertable. Has 9,000 k's on the clock, black, 18's.ScottyYes? Well Scotty, tell us HOW MUCH??? Is that really important?Scotty
KittyKatSmack Itty Bitty Kitty Kar Member 859 Member For: 23y 23d Location: on a road near you.... Posted 21/04/04 08:23 AM Author Posted 21/04/04 08:23 AM oh Scotty, you smooth talker you.......
crisso . Legacy Donating Member 1,199 Member For: 22y 10m 24d Location: Sydney Posted 21/04/04 08:26 AM Posted 21/04/04 08:26 AM Is that really important? Scotty,I bet you do well in your chosen career...born salesman
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now