rainy Member 181 Member For: 23y 4m 23d Location: central coast Posted 11/04/04 10:01 PM Posted 11/04/04 10:01 PM A renowned car tuner in Sydney who does a lot of work on porshes and the like reckons that by bending the wastegate(dont ask me,I dont even know what a wastegate is) you can achieve more power.I didnt speak to the tuner my mate asked him about it while getting his lotus Espre warmed over.From what I belive this mod would send the car into limp mode,anyway thought I would share it with u
Phantomxr6 Legacy Donating Member 452 Member For: 23y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Razorback NSW Posted 11/04/04 10:19 PM Posted 11/04/04 10:19 PM Sounds a bit backyardy for me.
Guest Guests Posted 11/04/04 11:54 PM Posted 11/04/04 11:54 PM Sounds a bit backyardy for me. What he said,that sort of info would been out in a flash if it were true.vik
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 12/04/04 12:00 AM Posted 12/04/04 12:00 AM A renowned car tuner in Sydney who does a lot of work on porshes and the like reckons that by bending the wastegate. I think he meant adding an extra pipe to it...l don't think you can bend the wastegate.
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Location: Canberra Posted 12/04/04 03:43 AM Posted 12/04/04 03:43 AM I dont know about 'bending it' but if you port it out, the wastegate can be upgraded to handle more flow, which means that you can control higher boost levels.GCG turbochargers do the maching of the turbine housing for around $80-100 from my discussion with them, with around a 2 day turnaround time.
badxr6 HEINRICH PERFORMANCE AND TUNING Legacy Donating Member 439 Member For: 22y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: adelaide Posted 12/04/04 03:45 AM Posted 12/04/04 03:45 AM what he means is to bend the wast gate accuator to acheve more boost which will send the car into limp mode :
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 12/04/04 04:04 AM Posted 12/04/04 04:04 AM I think that is a good reason to stay away from this tuner
badxr6 HEINRICH PERFORMANCE AND TUNING Legacy Donating Member 439 Member For: 22y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: adelaide Posted 12/04/04 04:47 AM Posted 12/04/04 04:47 AM no limp mode not cool
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 16/04/04 09:45 AM Posted 16/04/04 09:45 AM I think that is a good reason to stay away from this tuner l quite agree with ya there
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now