APS Phase 1 Just Fitted

Killbot

• Member For: 20y 24d

also got the car dynoed and peak horse power was 250 at wheels up from 212. not too happy with that but tim at west racing said to come back on a cooler day cos it was hot. by the time I took it down the drags it had cooled of to about mabey 18-20 degrees I think it was.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

So your telling me that you have about 185rwkw after the unichip and you ran a 13.68 second 1/4 mile.

Is it just me or does something not sound right here to anyone? :thumbsup:

• Member For: 21y 1m 20d
your right that is doensnt sound right at all, didnt realise it was only 185 rwkw's, mabey this guys dyno is broken, I mite get it independently tested somewhere else. anyone know a good place to do that in WA?

Mate if your looking for another dyno test facility in Perth I can recommend T and R Green Automotive. I met these guys on my last visit to Perth and they seem to have very good tuning knowledge. They have an excellent Twin retarder Dyno Dynamics Dyno and seemed to me to be very friendly people. Would be worth a phone call and a chat. :thumbsup:

Peter

APS

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 15d
Hi guys,

In regards to the the noise the tank was half caltex premium 95 RON and half BP Ultimate 98 RON, so I dunno if that would make it ping, mabey I can only run 98?. the noise ac tually increases under light throttle but then you cant hear it under heavy throttle cos the turbo noise takes over.

I ran the time on just street rubber, held brake on with left foot brought the car up to about 2800 revs I think it was the just let the brake off and floored it. The car had no no wheel spin it just launched hard, so I think a lower time may have been possible: ). Was the best run I got out of about 5 runs. Anihilated my mates VU SS every time.

Did it at kwinana quit motorplex in WA, and the 60" time was 2.266 which isnot that good I am told.

This all sounds like a crock of sh*t to me, sorry. :nod: There is no way a "T" can be held at 2800rpm and launch without wheel spin. I challenge anyone to try. My car gets wheel spin at anything over 2200rpm. The rest sounds dodgey too. :k24t:

Flame suit on, fire away Peter. :thumbsup:

Geea. :hrmm:

• Member For: 20y 24d

Geea

Yes on normal road I get wheel spin at those revs too but on the drag strip there seemed to be alot more traction, I think they put some sticky sh*t on there cos it was attached to my tires. Remember mine is an auto as well not a man.

Why would I bs?? just telling you what happened.

• Member For: 21y 4m 29d
So your telling me that you have about 185rwkw after the unichip and you ran a 13.68 second 1/4 mile.

Is it just me or does something not sound right here to anyone? :unsure:

I had 192rwkw standard!!

• Member For: 21y 1m 20d
your right that is doensnt sound right at all, didnt realise it was only 185 rwkw's, mabey this guys dyno is broken, I mite get it independently tested somewhere else. anyone know a good place to do that in WA?

I am sure that you will find that the dyno is reading low and that the car was not tested in the correct shoot 6 software. :unsure:

You should run 98 ron premium unleaded fuel where posible as this will give the engine the best possible performance and safety. :unsure:

When you have the car retested make the dyno run is conducted in 3rd gear and in the shoot 6 program, this is the software that most tuners in Australia utilise. Again well done on the 1/4 mile time. :ta:

Peter

APS