Jaymz Member 190 Member For: 22y 9m 25d Location: Noosa Posted 07/04/04 06:23 AM Posted 07/04/04 06:23 AM I have found that most mornings I start the car and the air-con automatically turns itself on. This is regardless off wether I had it on or off the night before. Is there any way of making it stay off unless I turn it on? If I do lots of trips in a day and have it turned off it stays off the next time I start the car during the day. It just seems to turn itself back on the next morning. Any help much appreciated.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/04/04 06:33 AM Posted 07/04/04 06:33 AM Sound like you've got it switched to AC MAX.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/04/04 06:43 AM Posted 07/04/04 06:43 AM I heard a rumour the AC temporarily switches itself on when reversing, so all the O rings and the like dont get all crusty, and the whole AC system stays all nice and lubed? Is this rumour true?
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/04/04 06:46 AM Posted 07/04/04 06:46 AM I heard a rumour the AC temporarily switches itself on when reversing, so all the O rings and the like dont get all crusty, and the whole AC system stays all nice and lubed? Is this rumour true? That doesn't happen in my XR6T. So I'm thinking....NO!
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 07/04/04 07:08 AM Posted 07/04/04 07:08 AM Try moving to Queensland where you need it on all the time Always one in the crowd :lol:
justind Member 90 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Location: Melbourne Posted 07/04/04 07:12 AM Posted 07/04/04 07:12 AM There was a post on this last year sometime. Basically the upshot of it all was if you leave the A/C in the MAX position it will remember where you left it (on or off or not recirculating) for a short period of time. Kind of a driver's preference type thing. If the system is off for a longer period of time for arguments sake 4hrs it will revert to the setting it actually is on. Therefore if you leave it in the A/C MAX position every morning after the car hasn't been driven for almost 8 hours it will blast you with the maximun cold air it can muster.I hope this helps. I was also told that some of the new cars actually use the heater control as a thermostat for the A/C as well. I.e. you leave the A/C on and the symbol will be on the control screen but when you turn the heat up on the controls the compressor will actually start/stop to maintain that temp. I have not confirmed this to be the case for the BA Falcons but I know that this is the case in the Toyota and Magna without climate control sort of a claytons climate control.Can anyone confirm this?
Jaymz Member 190 Member For: 22y 9m 25d Location: Noosa Posted 07/04/04 01:09 PM Author Posted 07/04/04 01:09 PM Thanks for that justind seems to make sense. I do leave it on Max. btw bcr01 I do live in QLD but lately it aint all that warm when I leave in the mornings at 5am.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now