Jump to content

Joenash85

Member
  • Posts

    58
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Joenash85

  1. I'm going to sound like a complete noob here, but with what you're saying is that, the ba/bf bellhousing is smaller than the fg turbo bellhousing?, or am I completely wrong?
  2. Thanks for that, so they're the same size clutch, how many things did the fg n/a take from the ba/bf turbo?
  3. Really, so put in ba/bf turbo information and go from that?
  4. At present I'm not looking at huge power, 300kw or just over is what I want to make right now, I'm just after the size specs of the n/a to be able to choose the right clutch. Yes, but I believe they only added them in the mk 2 fg, like late 09 2010 onwards
  5. Hi all, I'm needing to do my clutch in my car, and I've been trying to find out the size specs of the n/a, as I believe the n/a bell housing is different to the turbo one, I have found a few different clutches, but I don't want to get the wrong size clutch, I will be getting a heavy duty one, as I've turboed mine, any help here would be appreciated.
  6. I'll be keen to see the power figures, did mine a few months back, made around 275kw with bad boost leak, which I've now fixed, did you stick with turbo factory injectors?, or up them?, and what boost are you looking at running in it?
  7. Yeah, brakes I've been thinking about as well, I don't want to have to change the callipers just yet, so been thinking about high end discs and pads for now, until I can see about maybe the turbo callipers, the rest I've also been thinking about as well, but with the diff, I'm not sure, so many people have different opinions about what's good and all that, tail shaft and drive shafts are something I'll be doing when I do the diff
  8. Hahahahahahaha, that's it, right now I'm more concerned about my clutch though
  9. I know the turbo is a little overkill, but it was cheaper to get that than a factory 3572 turbo from Ford, plus I'm pretty sure I'm going to want more power down the road, do best to get that than stock, hahahahahahaha, thanks for the answer, so basically wack in the 1000cc and the pump, tune her and should see the 300kw easily?
  10. Hi all, I've been looking on here about this question, but can't seem to find the exact answer I'm after. I've got a fg xr6 that I've converted to turbo, currently running on standard factory parts, injectors, turbo intake and throttle body, turbo fuel reg injectors and pump, factory intercooler (f6 I think it is), but has the gtx3582r gen 2, it's been tuned and has around 275kw at the wheel, I was told if I got the 1000cc injectors, I would have gotten 300kw, so I'm going to do that, as my goal is to hit the 300kw mark. My question here is, if I get say the 255 pump and 1000cc injectors, should I also upgrade my current factory fuel regulator?, or would it be best to not worry about that until I look at like the 460/540 fuel pump?, I know I should go the 460 straight up, but I'm not sure what I need to do with the rewiring side of things just yet. Thanks in advance
  11. Thanks mate, you too. Remember, knowledge is power, and learning everything possible on your car is never a bad thing.
  12. With my turbo, it wouldn't be too difficult, just those few things, might have to upgrade the pump as well, but not sure yet.
  13. No, not yet, I was told that the power and boost I was wanting shouldn't need them done just yet, but they will be getting done soon, as I plan on getting bigger injectors, intercooler and piping and exhaust system, then winding the boost up, next goal is around the 350 to 400 kw.
  14. All good, best thing to do is research everything before starting out.
  15. I did, except for the tune, left that to professionals, I honestly didn't find it overly difficult, some fiddly bits here and there, and some other teething things, but overall, it's relatively straightforward, like I said, get the majority of the factory parts, intake, manifold, etc, and it's like a big jigsaw puzzle
  16. Hard to give a actual figure, but somewhere around $8,500 to $9,000, but that includes the tune, most of my parts I got second hand, turbo was really the only thing I got brand new, and honestly, I would have gone the pulsar turbo over the Garrett, simply because it is almost a quarter of the price. As for being worth it, well, to me, definitely was worth it, the time and energy I put into doing the actual work, seeing the end results, what power I ended up with, it was something that I really can't express through words, financially, is it worth it, well, with the prices for turbo xr6 keep going the way they are, it could be, I got mine, in my opinion, relatively cheap at $7,000, add the $8,500 to $9,000, that's a $16,000 xr6 turbo that I feel proud owning, but at the end, it's really up to you, some people will spend $30,000+ on a $1,500 sh*t box, because to them, it's worth it.
  17. Hey mate, easiest way is to basically get everything you can from a xr6 turbo factory set up, if you want the 300rwkw mark, get the 1000cc injectors instead of factory ones, and my advice would be to not cheap out on turbo, exhaust, intercooler piping, I did the build about 5 weeks ago and wrote up what I got, and honestly, if I did it again, the exhaust, piping and injectors would have been what I would have gotten before the build, also, if you get a new turbo, I've heard the pulsar are good, and they're relatively cheap, the other thing is, make sure you get new gaskets for exhaust, intake, thermostat housing, as well as the turbo, hoses for oil and water, there's some premade ones out there, not sure how good they are. Honestly mate, research what others have done to get an idea of what to get, also, zip ties and various vacuum lines
  18. I know, all about those kW, who cares about hp
  19. I thought so as well, and yes, forced said they only print out the horsepower
  20. As requested, first dyno ever for me.
  21. None at present, just waste gate pressure, tops out at 9psi, but runs around 7 normally.
  22. I'm not able to pick it up till tomorrow, once I do, I'll post a pic
  23. Small update, cars tuned, made 274kw/368hp, rather chuffed about it.
  24. Didn't Ford come out with 20 inch BBS rims?, damn, been telling everyone they're factory, hahahahahahaha Thanks mate, I've only ever heard positive feedback about forced, and the price for a tune, to me, seems rather reasonable, and I'll be honest, having pretty much everything minor a few minor things, I actually found it rather easy really, just finding out vacuum lines and a few other items was the last things I needed to work out, which, thanks to posts on here, helped heaps. Honestly, if I had to do a do over, I would do the same thing again, so fun doing it, only thing I would change would be the location of where I did it, that's all.
  25. So I managed to do the pictures, yay for that post showing how, thanks heaps. My car, rims came with the car, so no idea where, how much or if they're genuine or not Engine bay before the conversion. Some during pics Bit more progress Some close ups of my dodgy work this little f**ker had me frustrated trying to find it in my boxes of stuff installed started looking good to me here I had a couple of videos of it running after everything done, but doesn't want to work for me, oh well, I'll see what I can do when it's tuned, but right now she's dirty, so want to give it a good details before I take some finished pictures.
×
×
  • Create New...