-
Posts
400 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by MrBean
-
@ Danny: Hey, good linky there, the guys that did those displays (although it's way to busy for me) did a great job - the problem I have with digit(al) displays are that it's more difficult to process the data than analogue needles. But, all credit to this guy, very well done. But, we won't be touching on most of what he did, our frontends will be doing all that - incl TPMS, GPS, OBD-II, and normal carputing stuff like MP3's, movies, etc..... For now, I like to keep the instrument-cluster analog, especially with way north of 360rwkw's, you just don't have time to gawk at the gauges. Anyway, Tree Monkey have posted the guinea-pig ICC for us, thanx TM, once I receive it, we can start in all earnest. Chat to you all soon. Br, Beanie.
-
Thanx TM, appreciated Hey, one has to work of course......sh*t happens sometimes... Take care, Beanie
-
Thanx Senna, Will PM him again - it may be the previous PMM got lost.... Will keep you posted if I need help from Ford's side Thanx!
-
Hey Guys, Anyone knows what happened to member Tree Monkey? I am awaiting a donor ICC he would have sent a week back, and I cannot proceed until I have received it...... Otherwise we need to find another "spare" ICC somewhere - the dual-zone one, not manual unit..... @ Austcro: I have a developement microcontroller ready, so we can probably start anytime soon. I will put the broadcast messages up tonight or tomorrow. Br, Beanie.
-
@ GR8XR6: Synrax Australia is the local supplier for Commell products. You might want to have a looky at the new Intel mini-itx board, it accepts std socket 775 cpu's, with the big advantage of better cooling than available for Socket-P/M based motherboards. I will post a pic of the Serener vs the custom LS-372 case possibly tonight. Br, Beanie
-
@ Glimmerman: I'm still awaiting the ICC unit Tree Monkey donated to this cause :-) I will post up the bit-data for the messaging tonight, but before receiving the ICC I cannot make real hardware progress. Br, Beanie
-
Go on, you know you want to :-) Nope, you can go ahead, this unit will really be pretty much independant, once we get the basics going, we can then finetune, and at a later stage integrate an USB interface between the Carputer and Microcontroller, and use a front-end plugin to control the HVAC once the carputer is running. I have currently identified the overlay control chip in the LCD controller Ford uses, and we may even go so far as to develope an overlay control onto our aftermarket screens - but, I'm jumping the gun a little, but these are real possibilities. So yes, a fair ways to go still. I will post the bit-related data for all the control-signals either tomorrow or Friday evening, with Lukey's help we have a complete list of exactly where in the CAN message structure these are located. Will keep you all posted.
-
I still have the Mac Mini, as well as a Commell LV-677 in a very neat Industrial Serener GS-L05, and then a smaller Commell LS-372 in a temporary custom case for now - see pics below for how small this LS-372 really is - I fitted it in a dual 3.5" harddrive enclosure, with room to spare. and and These LS-372's are very powerful, the ideal candidate for the Carputer environment - it has similar specs to the LV-677, but in a small factor the same size as your 3.5" computer harddrive - neat, hey? Hehe...I have to many toys.
-
Ha, soz, I thought you were referring to just the emulator-portion of the project...the carputer is ready to roll, it's up and running, I have the 8.4" Transflective, the stainless trackball is mounted in the UTE, I am busy with an "enclosure" for it to replace the standard cupholder - I ordered and received a huge 2.44x1.44 m/2 ABS sheet from CityPlastics earlier in the week - I need a small bit of this for some ABS work on the fascia et al. Will post pics of this in the carputer log as I progress. The carputer will sit behind the "old" ICC fascia - will be plenty of real-estate, as the new ICC-emulator will be smaller than a pac of 20's sigarettes. Below some inter-node communications data, pertaining to HIM/ICC/BEM/PCM. We still need the comm's from/to Instrument Cluster (IC) - but, we will get there. The part that is of particular interest to us is the to/from ICC variables: Information Description Sender Receiver ACC MCC HTR -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Air Inlet Mode (Refresh/Recirc) HIM ICC Y Y Y Air Outlet Mode (Face /Floor/Screen) HIM ICC Y Y Y Person Display Icon HIM ICC Y Y Y A/C Display Icon HIM ICC N Y N A/C Max Display Icon HIM ICC N Y N A/C Off Display Icon HIM ICC Y N N Blower Fan Speed Manual Selection HIM ICC Y N N Drivers Side Temperature Selection HIM ICC Y N N Passenger Side Temperature Selection HIM ICC Y N N Ambient Temperature HIM ICC Y N N Climate Control mode (Auto/Semi/Off) HIM ICC Y N N -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Blower fan motor operating speed V HIM PCM Y Y Y Evaporatore Core Surface Temperature HIM PCM Y Y N A/C Compressor engagement request HIM PCM Y Y N ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Blower / Temp Knob Positions ICC HIM N Y Y Climate Control Push Buttons ICC HIM Y Y Y ICC Module Type (Auto/Manual/Climate) ICC HIM Y Y Y ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ignition Switch Accessory Position BEM HIM Y Y Y Cabin Temperature Sensor BEM HIM Y N N Sun Load Sensor BEM HIM Y N N -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Engine RPM PCM HIM Y Y Y Vehicle Road Speed PCM HIM Y Y Y DTC Logging Enable PCM HIM Y Y Y A/C Load Reduction PCM HIM Y Y N Engine Coolant Temperature PCM HIM Y N N Engine Cylinder Count PCM HIM Y N N -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- edit: Posting this somehow screws with the rows/columns format, so find attached text file for better clarity. Node_CAN_Communications.txt
-
Heya Steve, Yep, it's like one of them good novels - and I luv reading. The only pics I have of my progress is the Dev Board, and J-TAG programmer for the AVR - lols. Lot's of studies ahead of me for the next 2-3 weeks, have to get all the required signals sorted, then determine which bits/bytes they represent in the CAN-message structure, and document all that. Once we have all this data, can we begin programming. We might even get some of our more gifted coders here to do something in C, as there exists decent C-Compilers for this AVR - will be easier to do than assembler. So: 1) we need to capture all s/ware variables, external IO-signals 2) Need to assign physical inputs to suitable ports on the AVR, for example Incr Temp will go to port 1, bit6, Decr Temp port 1, bit7...and so on - just a simplified description. 3) Once the hardware layout is complete, and we know what IO's are on which ports, can we start coding. So, will be a bit before we get there, but I will dedicate a fair bit of my limitied free time over the next couple of weeks to get to the stage immediate prior to coding - then I will need some help. If someone else wants to study the CAN-messaging and start working on that, it will be handy.
-
Hello Guys, Before we start, we need to know what signals are required where, ie inter-node communications. Nodes (what we will look at for now) ICC = Interior Command Center IC = Instrument Cluster BEM = Body Electronic Module HIM = HVAC Integrated Module PCM = Powertrain Control Module I will (over the weekend) post some data that will indicate what signals are send/received by which modules pertaining to our application. That way we can finetune exactly what our emulator (ICC) needs to send to IC, HIM, etc. Any good quality (accurate) info you may have will be helpful. Br, Beanie.
-
Fg Products Available-dvd/reverse/navigation On Factory Screen
MrBean replied to ASLTech's topic in Audio & Visual
Double post, can a mod please delete, soz guys :( -
Fg Products Available-dvd/reverse/navigation On Factory Screen
MrBean replied to ASLTech's topic in Audio & Visual
Ha, soz about that - just naturally assumed it was Fadi. Chat laters again, will keep you posted on our developements too. Br, MrBean -
Fg Products Available-dvd/reverse/navigation On Factory Screen
MrBean replied to ASLTech's topic in Audio & Visual
Thanx Fadi, was just interested to know. Of course, we could always reroute the pins to suit We're a naughty bunch, you should know by now...lols I will anyway study the differences, for those brave souls that want to go that route in the near future - I know, I would luv to have the FG interior (dash, gauges, fascia, instrument cluster) in my BF Tornado. Best regards, MrBean -
It will be very small, compact, and sufficient. @ Glimmerman: Thanx for the support, for now I will be ok with monies, etc.....just picked up the Dev Board and J-TAG programmer from Dontronics in Tullamarine, so I will start with testing/developement. I will start posting some additional info tonight about what tags (PID signal exchange) happens between BEM, IC, ICC and HIM. Once we have a complete list, can we draft a framework for the software requirements, and start working. I am awaiting Tree Monkey's sponsored ICC, he will most likely send it off coming Saturday (thanx Mate), so I can start with signal tracing, and drafting of schematics for electronics. Will keep you posted. edit: Heya Blokes, don't forget this is supposed to be opensource, so anyone can provide input
-
Hello Guys, Luckily I found a supplier I've used before, Dontronics in Tullamarine, that had both the JTAG-Programmer, and the Developement Board in stock. I am $184 for the worse, but all in the name of R&D Oh well, sh*t happens - should have both hopefully Monday or Tuesday if I cannot collect it tomorrow, then we can start playing. Need to learn the AVR instruction set from scratch, but, we will get there me thinks. Eventually..... Unless we have some gifted AVR-programmers out there, this will take a short while. Luckily we have most of the PID's available thanx to Lukeyson over at Fordmods. I will start reverse-engineering the Dualzone ICC pushbuttons et al as soon as Tree Monkey sends the unit over. Then, I will start designing the daughterboard, which will interface to these buttons, and to the dev-board - for using the header-board, I will simply change the connectors and routing of tracks on the PCB. If there's enough interest, we can have a few of these made from scratch, with a simple dual-layer PCB, no mother/daugtherboards. Ah....now for the wait.
-
Hello Boyz, @ Glimmerman: Ah, just playing a little with Windows XP Embedded, been faffing around with it enough to get a very fast, small and stable OS image for my little board. To make things easy on everyone, and without spending $1k AUD on the license, you can use nLite to tailor your Windows to suit you... Well, been doing a bit of research, and it seems we may have found the hardware interface ready-made, will safe a fair bit of time in developing this ICC-emulator. It is in 2 formats, either a developement board, which includes RS-232 interface and level-converter, the Atmel AVR AT90CAN128 micro, CANbus transceiver, and Vreg circuitry: Developement Board And a Header Board version, which is basic Microcontroller, with support circuitry, for the micro only, no interface chips: Header Board Here is the datasheet for the Micro: AT90CAN128 Micro Datasheet Now, what makes me exited about this micro, is the fact that: 1)There's a Atmel sample bootloader for it, with CAN 11-bit interface, which we can modify slightly. 2)Generous amount of IO-pins for things like HVAC buttons, and all the other buttons on the MCC/ACC ICC unit 3)Once we have a working prototype, we can then use the header-board unit, with std 2.5mm SIL pin-spacing, and design a small daughterboard, with transceiver chips, RS-level converter, Vreg, and then interfacing to either MCC or ACC ICC units buttons/knobs. This little unit will very much simplify our efforts, so we can focus on the software side of things. Nice, I'll order 1 of each, so I can start. Within next couple of weeks I would at least like to get CANbus handshaking sorted. Well, if we use something like this, we can basically use the same header-board, and then have 2 versions of the daughterboards, for the 2 styles of ICC's - this will allow people to run their std HIM firmware, without a need to change. It will require different commands in the CAN messages though, but simple enough to cater for. Let me know what you guys think. Br, Beanie.
-
Fg Products Available-dvd/reverse/navigation On Factory Screen
MrBean replied to ASLTech's topic in Audio & Visual
That looks real nice, Fadi.. One question - is the connector at the back of the FG ICC pin-pin compatible (electrically) to BF ICC? I know there's some s/ware differences....would appreciate your feedback, as you know the most about these... Br, MrBean -
Of course it would be lovely if one of the current browsing members could pm me a few schematics for these units...hint-hint
-
@ Veczar: Thanx for your offer, appreciated - there's lots of input to be given We will stick with WinXP for the carputer, I will finetune the Embedded version for this specific motherboard though - got a good working sample going, small, and fast. @ Glimmerman: The ICC generally has only one main rather large motherboard, with the radio, HVAC and CAN interface mostly running through a propietary microcontroller - of course there's a smaller board, but this carries the interface connector to the main wiring harness, as well as the power-amp for the radio.. It might be a possibility to divorce the smc micro-controller from the pcb, and use just the CANbus portion for coms on the bus...the ideal though would be to have a complete clean-slate approach, and design something based on a USB-capable CAN microchip, so we can do exactly what you refer to - dual functionality, ie with carputer either on or off, you can still adjust HVAC controls. We might get there eventually. Thanx for the input, guys.
-
Hey TM, Thanx a bunch, Mate, much appreciated. Will keep you posted on developements! Kind regards, Beanie
-
Hey Tree Monkey, This being an open source project, all the data will be shared here So, everyone can benefit, and do a DYI if they want. I will definately do a pcb for myself, and, once proto-typed, for those that's not so fortunate to design/manufacture the boards, we can run a batch at low cost and send it to members - they will be up to soldering their own components though, but, if the demand is fairly low, I can do one or two for members. Certainly, if you donate something like a ICC, I will definately remember you - but, please be aware projects like these can take significant time to mature, as I have a few hours here and there to work on it, due to work committments.... Otherwise, I can always look at getting an ICC back to you again if this doesn't work out. I will appreciate your input though. Kind regards, Beanie.
-
Hello Guys, Anyone have a dual-zone ICC (dead or alive) they want to donate to this project? I need to perform some reverse engineering....you will most likely not get it back again, or, alive that is....so, if you need it, don't.... Thank you all. Beanie
-
Hey Steve, CANbus is a protocol, you get it in 2 versions, 11-bit CAN (CAN 2.0A) which is same as our cars have, and 29-bit (Extyended) CAN (2.0B) for added functionality, mostly used in Industrial Field-bus applications. PCMCIA/Serial/USB/mini-pci/etc are all just different interfaces into the PC, and each of those interfaces have CAN dongles available. We need to reverse-engineer the handshaking codes between the HIM/IC/ICC, and then can we use the PIDs Ford use for different actions in the HIM to control this via PC or custom hardware interface. Thought I'd clear this up. @ TurboCorty: If you forward the schematics to me, I will use Protel to design a PCB if this will make things easier for yourself..... Br, Beanie.
-
Scotty, This will replace your standard ICC. Hoping to completely rid our cars of that limitation - the ICC will be replaced by a carputer, and CAN interface. Carputer to control all HVAC buttons etc via touchscreen, GPS, music (via mp3's) etc.....the CAN interface is needed to simulate handshaking on the CAN network, to keep all modules happy. Anyway, the IC I could not id this afternoon seems to be a MB90F549G, which is a propietary 16-bit microcontroller. More data to follow. MB90F549G_datasheet.pdf
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.