Jump to content

obi

Member
  • Posts

    150
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by obi

  1. obi

    Bf Xr6t

    As far as I know the BF has a oil cooler.
  2. obi

    Bf Xr6t

    Is there any truth in the rumour that the BF uses stronger Valve Springs & Con Rods than the BA ?
  3. If that was the case you would still get the same economy, but according to research you get 3% less, so you mustn't be getting the same bang for your buck.
  4. If the output of E10 is 95 Ron which is greater than the normal 91Ron of straight Petrol, but Ethanol blended fuel has a lower amount of energy, what is really the equivalant amount of power that you would be actually getting? Wouldn't that be like saying that you have a high Horsepower reading but you have less Torque. So in power aspect are you in theory getting about the same at the wheels as 91 Ron or some where between 91 & 95. And if this is the case & you bought Ethanol blend 98 would that be similar in output to say Shell 95 energy wise. Any experts out there !
  5. 98.9 on the G/Coast !
  6. Thanks ZAPF6 !
  7. I should have said AF !
  8. Need a bit of a quick answer from any member. Are the suspension bolts etc Metric or SAE ?
  9. Tab Thanks for the info! You wouldn't happen to know if the suspension bolts etc are SAE or Metric as I only have SAE sockets ?
  10. obi

    Tc And Asc

    Christ I was only doing 20kph, any less & I would have had a bloody Bus sitting on top of me.
  11. Tab Do you know what the torque settings are for the suspension bolts?
  12. obi

    Tc And Asc

    Never thought I would have a need for the above untill yesterday. Was going around a Roundabout in the rain in the outside lane when some fool in a Expensive Daewoo ute beside me decided to accellerate & lose traction. I thought this fool is going to wipe me out & I planted the foot to get ahead of him. I still don't know what gear I dropped back to with the 6 speed auto, but within seconds my ar-e was heading west. Now over the years I have driven everything from cars to semis & am a pretty experienced driver, but there was no way I could have dropped the power & corrected the slide as quickly as the vehicle did yesterday. It straightened the car up within seconds. Even driveing down the the road after it happened I still couldn't believe it was so quick. You might ask what happened to the Holden, well obviously he had a open diff & just spun the inside wheel & kept going. Not to be content with frightening the sh-t out of me, he waited for me to catch up & did the same thing again in the straight ahead. I brought the fist up & he got the message, but you woudn't believe he done the exact same thing to some other poor bastard at the next roundabout. Thank Christ the Wankers drive Holdens ! You might ask what I am doing up at this time of the morning, well I couldn't sleep thinking I should have rammed this bastards ute up his ar-e !
  13. Yeh! I use it in mine every now and again (95ron) & it seems to go alright, but from what I have read your economy may suffer a little.
  14. I am getting a clunk (sounds like the L/H side) from the front end at times when I hit the brakes when reversing. It also happens sometimes when turning to the right without brakes. Doesn't sound like a loose Caliper, but I may be wrong. Had a Skyline once that did the same & it turned out to be loose bolts that held the suspension. Anyone got any ideas ? My BA XR8 did not have this drama. I could let the Masters Apprentice have a look under Warrenty but thought someone else may have experienced this problem & may have a answer. Thanks in advance !
  15. I'm not sure of about
  16. Just had a look at mine. Door switches are lit front & rear with lights on & ignition on. Lights on door switches will still stay on when key is switched off & light switch is on.
  17. obi

    Bf Turbo

    Does anyone know how Ford got the extra 5KW & 30NM of power in the BF ? or did they just do a small Edit.
  18. My car needs a ltr of oil to be added. The Ford service sticker says Shell Helix, the only trouble is after going to Shell, Super Cheap etc I can't find Helix in the recommended 15-40, so can anyone fill me in please !
  19. Hi Miker, Presently have a BF Turbo with 6 speed auto & have found not to rely on the average per hundred reading too much. Mine say's that I am averaging 15.5 around town, but when I work it out at each fill it equates to about 12.8 average when filled to the second click. The car has has only done 4,000k's & is improving every day. When I first got it I was lucky to get 100 k's from full to 3/4 but now get close to 150. I run it on 95 Ron. All I can say is that it is a lot more economical than the BA XR8 that I had before it. Check your consumption manually.
  20. The typhoon zf is rated at 600nm and the T is 450nm Kewish in vic are modifing these atm with a shift kit that they have developed They have done a few now so give them a call for more info 03 9793 2220 ← Can't see how the Auto is rated at 450nm when the car puts out 480nm !
  21. Checked again ! If you fill it to the first click, it will read to overfull. Also noticed if you overfill the fuel tank by trying to force in more fuel the best I can get in the first 1/4 is 80 k's. Fill it to the first click !
  22. Mine seems to be OK in the morning. Maybe a little harsh on take off in low initianally on a cold morning, but has gone by the time I take off again at the end of the street. But then again this is sunny QLD ! I put it down to the fluid being cold & the box having clutches instead of bands. Have had mine checked out by transmission place & all is OK. (2000k's on clock).
  23. I noticed the other day that when I overfilled the BF the gauge only read 3/4. It seems to only happen when you do this. My BA XR8 used to do the same thing from memory. Will have another gander the next time when it hits the first click on the bowser.
  24. No Simon, it's not a turnaround, rather, a matter of calculating the cost of the modifications vs change-over value. For example: XR6T engine upgrade - $4.5k minimum plus fitting and tuning. Valve spring upgrade - $800 labour plus parts. Clutch upgrade - $1500 Trans upgrade (if 5-speed manual) - $6k approx, excluding clutch kit Brake upgrade - $2-3k for BA Performance brakes (non-Brembo) Suspension - $1500 - $2000 And so on, and so on. Doing some quick arithmatic your easily forking out $17,300 to upgrade the XR to F6 spec. And then you still don't have the FPV branding and build number. So in my case, changeover represented better value for money than upgrading the XR And need I say how much better I consider the auto over the 6-speed manual. I'd rather the genuine FPV than a modified XR. But that's my opinion only. ← Ref the Performance brakes & the heavier valve springs, does'nt the BF XR6T have them as a standard upgrade ? Also does anyone know what sort of power the 6 speed auto will handle considering they don't have bands. I am also told that the 6 speed auto is the same in both the Phoon & XRT but is a lighter box in the XR6:fool:
  25. obi

    H'way Patrol

    I know what I seen because two of the nations finest came out in full uniform with their fish & chips & then drove off. Also my wife told me on her return that the girl inside was telling everyone that the white car was a police vehicle & be carefull, not realizing that the wallopers were standing at one end where she wasn't looking !
×
×
  • Create New...