-
Posts
134 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by hard-on
-
Good point iconic but the thing is its sad but true. What a biatch huh one month before chrissy
-
Sure is mate.
-
Im gunna get 8.5's on the front yperv And pauly that may be my next step, ill have to give u a ring and line it up. And another thing I was thinkin is well have to set up a cruise with shano so we can get him to take the missus for a spin in a real car. It may persuade her to let me bomb mine up sooner.
-
She's only done 20000kms
-
Most people use the search engine... ← Usually I do
-
Yep sure do if you look at the normal alloy wheels section it specifies that it comes in a 9.5 Anyway some of the tyre boys have made some calls for me and they will definately fit providing I dont have brembos. so it looks good on that note and the salesman said he would be able to get them for me at $410 each including the 9.5's which usually go for $550 a rim. Only downside is that they have to be sent up and they said if I dont like them I have to pay $60 freight to have them returned.
-
Sorry mate im thinkin of gettin the octane's whaddaya think or
-
Got my f6 serviced today from my own mechanic, and he found some interesting stuff. firstly he let me know that the power steering hose is leaking which I am not to worried about.(warranty) Then he let me know that a diff mount is completly broken (apparently in half) anyway I wanted to know if anyone has had this happen to them and if it will be covered under warranty. Anyhow I also got him to put transmax z in the gear box and I must say what a difference. Atleast some good news came out of it. thanks mick
-
Thankyou guys for giving me a better insight into this problem. All I needed was other peoples view's to this little tyre debarcle. Anyway I'm not intending to do any track work with her, may even decide to make it more so a looker than a goer for now (not that it hasn't got any go) but when I go to these tyre dealers and they say they arn't that bad makes me think twice about gettin them for now. To bugster,Zap,yperv,xr6t and tmac thankyou for a normal reply with a better understanding into what I should do. To others who seem to think its ok to put on other members questions just to make them feel good heres to u. Get a life knob shiners seriously. Most of the people use this forum to try and get Q's and A's because we all have times were we are not to sure who to believe when it comes to things with our cars. Whether it be tyres,tunes,exhaust,bodykits etc,etc,etc this is the best place to get the best info, from people that`actually own xr6 turbo's, f6's,gt's xr8,s and even xt's that have gone down these modding paths and let all the rest of us know if they had any major griefs on there way. But when you get dic*head remarks it sometimes makes you think twice even bothering askin a question on a dedicated ford site. Anyway rant over from me for now. p.s nobody commented on what rims im lookin at gettin. cmon guys bit of feedback on that aswell not just tyres ffs. Just seems that tyres start a heap of arguments. Wonder why?
-
Funny you mention that cro, but I've seen about 10 tyre dealers around brissy and atleast 7 of them say there not so bad of a tyre. Its not like im runnin 300+rwkw at the moment, so im contemplating if for now just to run nangkangs on the rears only until I start powering the phoon up. And besides I only really drive the car on weekends and it never rains in brissy, so its not like I need sh*tloads of grip right now. And thanks for the smartarse comment mate but I'm only tossing up all my options to see what is the best idea for now as I dont plan on getting her tuned for atleast another 18 months,Which should see me into my next set of tyres.
-
Load rating is a very big concern for me, and I dont wont mr insurance company fuggin me if I ever have an accident.But one of the tyre boys said the sport maxx will be a 95 load rating witch should be ok. Then im thinkin of just using nangkangs on the arse for now. Another thought was he said my speedo will have to be recallibrated, is this a must when goin with 20's or just an old wives tail? thanks mick
-
Hey people, to put it bluntly this is gonna be a long thread full of questions. As the title suggest my girlfriend is going to get me 20 inch rims for christmas (im a lucky little boy) Anyway these are the rims im thinkin of gettin.http://www.speedywheels.com.au/specials.htm O.k what do you lot think these would like like on a rapid f6? Now the gritty stuff, I've been going around to a few tyre places and they all have very different views on tyres and rims. Basically I have 3 criteria for what I really want 1 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears,2-black, 3-must be legal. It seems that the rims will fit over the brakes and I will probably have to get my guards rolled. Now tyre stuff, will a 225 tyre only fit as I've been reading other threads on this issue but all the dealers have different views.My main concern is load rating. Tyres I have been offered are toyo proxes 4, nangkangs ns2,and dunlop sport maxx. The thing is the car is stock and im thinkin about nangkangs for now untill power is amped up. Oh btw one of the dealers said to put a 285 rear on and I thought that would be too big. Anyway that's all folks thanks mick
-
pics http://www.trueblueford.com/XR8ute_by_Boyds.html
-
I feel this poor rider will have a really bad rash after this http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/11/naked-wheelie.html Kudos to him for tryin though
-
The crowds reaction to that little bingle. imagine how he felt after that one.
-
This is for all you borat fans http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/11/borat-wine-tasting.html farkin funny
-
I can't believe how fast they come back up.
-
Aren,t Hsv talkin about gettin the ls7 in a few years,the new orion would want to be one hell of a car to be able to compete with that.
-
just found a pic of the new ve v8 http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384...5001001,00.html
-
how much for them blackpig? and what size did ya get
-
What an excellent post mate.Nothing better than a real world review on how these two beasts compare to each other...and even better news that we won.Mind you though let that six litre run in a bit more and it may be a great comparo when its done atleast 5000kms.But still its good to see an unbiased review on them, instead of readin about it from wuckin motor or wheels.
-
I'd love to have seen that shane
-
NO ← thank *beep* for that then.Dont know what they were thinkin when they done the stripes
-
Yeah yperv4 add some stripes and a spoiler maybe some black would look good 2 And while your at it chuck on a set of fully sick chrome 16's and also an AU styled double wing Man your car would look nearly as good as old mate richys Nah his would still look better
-
did it look similar to this http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/...words=FORD%20GT
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.