ERICtheBERIC
Member-
Posts
105 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by ERICtheBERIC
-
Thanks very much for the offer mate but dad owns an engine shop so im well sorted for that stuff, really appreciate it though. Running a tremec 5 speed that came with the turbo falcon, I really wanna stay with a manual, took me long enough to find a cheap one. And yep that cylinder is just on the other side of the passenger foot well, still pretty confused about it so if someone knows what its for, do tell! Gonna put the motor in this weekend hopefully, then I can check all the electrics and so on. Really getting to the pointy end of now, cant wait! you got some pics of your build man?
-
OK yep, ill pull the gearbox off have a gander see if I can see whats what, will update when I do. Ive heard on here that I should buy a clutch bleed nipple kit of some sort? could anyone point me in the right direction to get one?
-
the clutch isnt connected to the cylinder, as the gearbox is out of the car. Whats the worst problem that it can be?
-
No idea what sort of clutch is in there I bought the car second hand, I think im gonna pull the gearbox off and have a look at whats in there. Is this where I drain the clutch fluid?
-
Yeah turns out I had one from the other car luckily, so that's all sorted now Just a couple other things, not really sure what this tank is, or what it connects to.. I think I have a some tubing that fits on there, but not sure where it runs to. And airbag sensors. Is there just the one under the bonnet latch or is there some elsewhere? cheers for the help
-
Hey dudes, so heres where im up to. Ive swapped over the whole wiring harness and put all the interior in with the new dash and the bedal box and brake booster. Ive put in the turbo irs with new inner bushes, swapped over the front springs and brakes and got some new wheels. Gonna do the front bushes once the car is drivable. looks a bit like this I also soundproofed the boot and put in all the sound gear from my old car, which is all alpine type r stuff (which sounded f*cking fantastic in the lancer). so the only major job to do now is to put the motor in, but Ive got a couple issues before I can do that. The standard power steering cooler from the xt doesnt give enough clearance from the intercooler to sit nicely, it contacts right where the hose goes on which makes it impossible to put on. Ive tried to look for pics of ba turbo PS coolers but with no luck, im not sure how theyre different, here what mine looks like Another issue ive got is how to mount the intercooler. The bracket on the drivers side fits ok once I drill 2 holes to mount it, but the passenger side was welded on to the body in the xr6t. Ive grinded it out and can weld it onto the chassis of the other car, but ive seen pics of different mounts that just bolt on, just cant find where to buy one, id rather bold on than weld. Im also a tad confused as to where this pipe goes but yeah once all that is sorted I should have it on the road within a few weeks, assuming I can get it licenced without too much hassle. And fix the clutch, whatevers wrong with it cos it felt super heavy when I drove the car last. And this centre bearing on the tail shaft (I think ts called that?) And touch up the paint in the engine bay. And get a new windscreen, and fix the roof lining and get some new tyres and a front end bush kit (luckily I can get them installed for free), and all the new fluids and filters. ok maybe a bit more than a few weeks lol but its getting there
-
will do mate. The gearbox is out of the car, so I wont be able to test the clutch pedal till I put it back in. But I dont wanna put it in if I know theres something wrong with it. Recon it could possibly be just the lack of fluid?
-
its in a BA mk1 xr6t, I bought the car after it had been crashed and only drove it a very short distance but definitely noticed the clutch was very heavy. It had just about no clutch fluid in the reservoir, and im wondering if that could have caused it? ive no idea if its an aftermarket clutch I didnt ask the guy, but it seems to work fine besides being super heavy. would it be worth pulling apart and having a look at?
-
yeaaa its looking like a false floor job. or maybe that expanda foam stuff that would be pretty good if I can get it flat in the end. good one on the cement idea, cos that's way lighter than a spare tire right. theres some cool custom installs here for sure though, ive just got a straight alberts box with 2 12" nothing too fancy. I soundproofed the boot as well though so I really wanna take some weight out hence the spare wheel delete.
-
So im planning on putting a big sub box in the boot, and I really dont wanna have a spare tyre in there to save weight, As you know, the spare wheel holds up up the bit of mdf up which holds up the carpet, so im left with a big hole in front of the sub, and the carpet wont stay put. What have you guys done to avoid this?
-
Which Bushes Should I Replace First?
ERICtheBERIC replied to ERICtheBERIC's topic in Suspension and Handling
just looking on nolathanes website they have 2 versions of the main diff bush: http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=49187 http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=49188 one being bigger than the other, but it claim both fit into OEM. whats the deal here? -
Which Bushes Should I Replace First?
ERICtheBERIC replied to ERICtheBERIC's topic in Suspension and Handling
ok yep ive ordered all the diff mounts, and are these the bushes youre talking about? http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=46204 http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=46203 as for the toe arm, is it also called the 'Rear control arm - upper inner' ? Its got a std replacememt kit as well as a +/- .5 camber kit. Which do I want? -
Which Bushes Should I Replace First?
ERICtheBERIC replied to ERICtheBERIC's topic in Suspension and Handling
Im happy to do all the bushes at a later date, however right now im just trying to get the car together and regoed before anything else. But since im taking the IRS out, I might as well do all the bushes that require the IRS to be out, as you said. Which IRS bushes would those be? Sorry im a bit useless when it comes to this stuff, its my first build http://www.nolathane.com.au/do_segue.php?make=FORD&model=FALCON+%2F+FAIRLANE+%2F+LTD&model_final=FALCON+BA%2C+BF+INCL+FAIRLANE%2C+LTD%2C+WAGON%2C+UTE+%26+1+TONNER%2C+FPV&vehicle=9%2F2002-8%2F2008 -
Which Bushes Should I Replace First?
ERICtheBERIC replied to ERICtheBERIC's topic in Suspension and Handling
I cant afford all of them, what would you say are the most important ones? -
Ive got a 04 falcon into which I am putting an 02 xr6t rear end into. Ive bought these bushes so far through recommendations http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=49186 http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=49188 Is there anything else I should get for the rear? and what are your thoughts on front end bushes?
-
Wiring In Aftermarket Head Unit? (Ba Falcon)
ERICtheBERIC replied to ERICtheBERIC's topic in Audio & Visual
youre a legend mate thank you. so ill just wire up the head unit as per instructions on the kit, and just use the pre outs, and the steering wheel controls will work? -
Im putting all the running gear from an xr6t into a normal n/a falcon. Im wondering if theres any benefit to swapping over the K frames in case the xr6t is better. I know the springs are lower but is there any other differences? Also same thing with the rear, I know the diff ratios are different and springs but any other components? thanks for any help
-
Im struggling to find a guide to install an alpine head unit into my mk1 BA falcon. Ive found these harness adapters http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alpine-to-Ford-Falcon-Single-DIN-plug-play-Bluetooth-USB-IPOD-unit-Install-Kit-/200908837455 But they just run the audio through the auxilary input in the fusebox and out to speakers which is not what I want. Im looking to do a set up where the head unit is only connected to the Power, Ignition, and Ground, then sends the signal via RCA's to my amps, and then to the speakers. Im not interested in using the steering wheel volume controls or anything like that. Basically I just need to know where I can splice in to Power Ground Ignition and Remote somewhere in the dash loom to run the head unit. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
-
luke youre a legend mate thanks heaps. im gonna replace the dash cluster from the donor car as well, so all the electrics should just go back together the way they were in the car originally. Only thing is, the ICC is cracked on the donor car, can I just keep the one that's in the other car? New bushes definitely sound like the way to go ill save up for some nolathane ones, how much am I looking at? ill also probably do new springs at the same time too
-
yes that's the plan. whats a loom pcm? I think ill have to use all the electronics from the donor car anyway cos its a manual and the receiving car is auto. Do you know if the gear lever will go through the hole in the floor for the auto? apart from that im just really hoping everything will just bold off and bolt on to the other car. what do you recon about swapping the front suspension over? any point? cheers yep still got your number mate, ill msg you when I start. was yours an auto to manual swap too?
-
OK guys im finally looking to start on this next week. As it stands the N/A falcon has no motor or gearbox as ive sold them. The turbo is a complete car minus interrior/trims. Whats the best way to go about this? Should completely strip the n/a so its ready to take all the bits from the turbo, or should I put in the motor from the turbo and just replace the other components as I go? Also while im here, should I replace the IRS in the n/a or not much point? same for the suspension. I think I will change the brakes over. Im sure ill have a bunch more questions soon so ill just post them in this thread as I think of them. Thanks for the help so far guys really appreciate it
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.