Jump to content

bdennis

Member
  • Posts

    750
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bdennis

  1. I like the Blueprint and Phantom. I have a AUII in Venum that looks great. There is something about the BA in Venum that looks funny.. Not sure what it is. The biggest problem with the AUII in Venum is that it has a white undercoat. So the stone chips shine through... I am opting for Congo green this time. I expect it to be hard to keep clean like Phantom and black but not as bad (I hope). Has anyone seen a congo green one at all. THere are a few XT, Futura's around but I have not seen a XR anywhere. ... The wife likes the green as it is not so "look at me" as the Venum. My deal was.. I choose the car (XR6T of course) she chooses the colour. Let me know if anyone has seen a congo green one at a dealer so I can go and have a look. Have seen one on the freeway (going the other way) this morning. Looks nice. In the future may be a rarer car as not as popular...
  2. Guys, Whats the deal with the rear disks.?? Does this one have the premium brake option. Looks like the rotors are groved??? Looks tops though
  3. Guys, If you live in Melbouren there is a XR6 N/A in Phantum with the Phantum trim in it at the Mornington Dealer (or at least it was there a week or 2 ago!) As for the trim colour most XRs come with the grey / charcol trim and you can option (at no additional cost) a colour insted of the grey fleks and Grey XR logo in the front seats. Check the colour options sheet (its not on the web). There is Grey, Red, Blue, Phantum, Blueprint. Depending on the exterior colour will depend on the colour of the interior... As I said check the sheet.. I reckon the phantom interiro looks great in the Phantum car. Comes down to taste..
  4. Guys, For those who live in Melbourne there is a XR6 N/A manual (registered Demo) at Jefferson in Mentone. I know it is not a Turbo but if you want to see how the BA Manual box is. See if you can take this one for a spin. I personaly thought the Manual was very nice to use. But then again I loved the Top Loader shift in my old XW Phase 1 as well.. But alas the wife wants an auto. So if it means I need to compromise and have a Auto XR6T. Then that is what will get. Better then an Auto BA XT.... As far as the gear change issue in the middle of a corner in an auto.. This should now be resolved by the Auto shifter. Just flip it over to the manual gate prior to the corner and there will be no surprises.. Personaly my AUII XR6VCT has never done the change mid corner thing. But then again the IRS on the VCT is real nice.. that's my 2c..
  5. The Mp3 plug can be fitted at any time (including after delivery) it is a $30 option. I would think that the average Joe may be able to just go to spare parts and purchase one and fit it them selves...
×
×
  • Create New...